Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
The "Note" on pg. 96 says that smaller muscle groups such as arms and abs are done as pump sets rather than MR's on the lower tiers, but on the overview chart, tri's and abs are listed as MR's. Bi's are listed on Day 3 as a pump set. This program offers an incredible amount of flexibility, so I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but I would like to start out doing this "by the book" so to speak.

Scott, do you have a preference for starters as to MR or pump sets for tri's and abs? I apologize in advance if I overlooked the answer.
(08-16-2014, 04:22 AM)Dominique Wrote: The "Note" on pg. 96 says that smaller muscle groups such as arms and abs are done as pump sets rather than MR's on the lower tiers, but on the overview chart, tri's and abs are listed as MR's. Bi's are listed on Day 3 as a pump set. This program offers an incredible amount of flexibility, so I'm not sure how much difference it makes, but I would like to start out doing this "by the book" so to speak.

Scott, do you have a preference for starters as to MR or pump sets for tri's and abs? I apologize in advance if I overlooked the answer.

Don't sweat it.

The three day (Family man plan) has pump sets for abs and tri's.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
How do you know what tier you should start at...or should everyone start at tier 1 first?
You could base it on your current workout volume and experience. If you are unsure you should start at Tier 1. You can always move up a Tier as you progress and figure it out.
(08-19-2014, 09:07 PM)JLarge1989 Wrote: How do you know what tier you should start at...or should everyone start at tier 1 first?

LOL - The book comes with a virtual dice throwing application. Smile

(It's all in the book. Smile )

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Trying to increase my intraworkout carbohydrate with a maltodextrin/whey concentrate based gainer by another 50 grams of carbs and I wanted to puke doing TWO widowmakers for thigh pumps.. Thanks Scott.. I love and hate you at the same time today Big Grin

Edit: Up 5 pounds so far <3
(08-20-2014, 02:08 AM)liftweights Wrote: Trying to increase my intraworkout carbohydrate with a maltodextrin/whey concentrate based gainer by another 50 grams of carbs and I wanted to puke doing TWO widowmakers for thigh pumps.. Thanks Scott.. I love and hate you at the same time today Big Grin

Edit: Up 5 pounds so far <3

SMOOCH!!! Smile

LW,

Remember - PUMP sets are NOT NOT NOT widow makers. Very different animals, actually.

PUMP sets are continuous - not pausing between reps. Constant tension if at all possible safely.

Widowmakers are intentionally DIScontinuous, meaning you can stop the reps mid set, pause, recover and attempt to grind out the reps, one after another, like a rest-pause set without putting down the weight (or reaching failure until the end.) A good widow maker means a long ass set with many many reps and lots of pauses to eek them out.

---------

Important point here: I've found that widow makers like that are VERY CNS taxing. Productive, but taxing and there is a limit in how many you can do, esp. for the big muscle groups.

in a program like FT, one of the main premises is to focus the stress on the muscle and keep the CNS as fresh as possible. Clean form with continuous reps that maintain the muscle tension and metabolite accumulation (e.g., doing partials as with 21's) is something you can get away with more frequently. Doing WM's can often degenerate exercise form (and cause safety and overuse injury types of issues) and just zaps you. There is a psychological difference, too. The mind is a powerful tool.

So, really keep this distinction in mind with the PUMP sets.

They're gonna be HARD as hell, but when / if you start feeling like you need to pause the reps or your form starts to falter on the PUMP sets, then this would be time to put in some pulses, partials, etc. to extend the set (but NOT pause the set and do discontinuous reps in WM style).

(Don't mean to lecture here, but just wanted to make this a clear point for others who are reading. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Scott,

This was brought up on pro muscle as one individual said he is doing 4 exercises for each back, chest and shoulders for Volume Tier 3 on the turbo program. My interpretation is that on tier 3 for upper body loading you have 2 exercises for each bodypart and perform 4 work sets total between the two exercises...

What is correct?

Here is a link to the post http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums...ost1956090
(08-21-2014, 03:22 AM)mentalflex Wrote: Scott,

This was brought up on pro muscle as one individual said he is doing 4 exercises for each back, chest and shoulders for Volume Tier 3 on the turbo program. My interpretation is that on tier 3 for upper body loading you have 2 exercises for each bodypart and perform 4 work sets total between the two exercises...

What is correct?

Here is a link to the post http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums...ost1956090

Check out the example on p.90, I think you got it right.

(08-21-2014, 03:50 AM)jackman Wrote: Check out the example on p.90, I think you got it right.

Yes, 89 and 90.. I referenced them what I responded to the individual... I knew I wasn't hallucinating lol