Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
Newbie here so please take it easy.
My question is. I want to start with teir 1 one a 3 day per week program. Do I set up my superset A for Mon, B superset for Wed and muscle round on Fri. Do I just do the 1 superset on Mon, Wed. On the training log that I just down loaded it shows 1 set for Thighs, Quads and and hamis. So is that a super set for each one.
AGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I am so confusedBlush
(09-12-2014, 05:59 AM)tj124 Wrote: Newbie here so please take it easy.
My question is. I want to start with teir 1 one a 3 day per week program. Do I set up my superset A for Mon, B superset for Wed and muscle round on Fri. Do I just do the 1 superset on Mon, Wed. On the training log that I just down loaded it shows 1 set for Thighs, Quads and and hamis. So is that a super set for each one.
AGGGGGGGGGGGGG. I am so confusedBlush

Pick one grouping of exercises for loading sets per week.

1st week you'd do the A exercises for each muscle group (zig zagging, which I presume is what you mean by super setting.)

2nd week you do that B exercise

3rd week you do the C exercises

See Figure on bottom of page 90.

(Use the HyperIndex of Terms at the very end of the book to help find these things. It's quite handy.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
This is what I did for my first work out. Lower body load & upper body pump.
Hammer V Squat 270lbs , 10 reps, 90 sec rest
Smith Squat 135lbs 9 reps, 90 sec rest
Leg ext 110 12 reps, 90 sec rest
Lying Leg Curl 95lbs 8 reps, 90 sec rest
Upper body pump
Smith incline press 135lbs 15 reps 90 sec rest
Pulldown 100lbs 23 reps, 90 sec rest
Cable row 100 lbs 18 reps, 90 sec rest
Side laterals 15lbs 22 reps, 90 sec rest
Dumbell Press 20 lbs 20 reps, 90 sec rest
Preacher Curl 60lbs 25 reps, 90 sec rest
Tricep rope press 50lbs 18 reps
DB Shrug 50lbs 25 reps
Dragged my sorry ass of the floor and came home.
Tomorrow Upper body load, lower body pump
Is this the right to do the loading phase for tier 1??

(09-12-2014, 08:29 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Pick one grouping of exercises for loading sets per week.

1st week you'd do the A exercises for each muscle group (zig zagging, which I presume is what you mean by super setting.)

2nd week you do that B exercise

3rd week you do the C exercises

See Figure on bottom of page 90.

(Use the HyperIndex of Terms at the very end of the book to help find these things. It's quite handy.)

-S

(09-12-2014, 09:23 AM)tj124 Wrote: This is what I did for my first work out. Lower body load & upper body pump.
Hammer V Squat 270lbs , 10 reps, 90 sec rest
Smith Squat 135lbs 9 reps, 90 sec rest
Leg ext 110 12 reps, 90 sec rest
Lying Leg Curl 95lbs 8 reps, 90 sec rest
Upper body pump
Smith incline press 135lbs 15 reps 90 sec rest
Pulldown 100lbs 23 reps, 90 sec rest
Cable row 100 lbs 18 reps, 90 sec rest
Side laterals 15lbs 22 reps, 90 sec rest
Dumbell Press 20 lbs 20 reps, 90 sec rest
Preacher Curl 60lbs 25 reps, 90 sec rest
DB Shrug 50lbs 25 reps
Dragged my sorry ass of the floor and came home.
Tomorrow Upper body load, lower body pump
Is this the right to do the loading phase for tier 1??

Nope. Too many sets for Tier I, you're not super setting, and rest interval is not correct.

You'll gain the most from going back and re-reading the section on training and looking closely at the Overview Sheets.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I have a question about Tier 1 basic, day 2 Back loading reps. It says 2 sets, to me this means 2 sets of the "4 set loading progession". So set 1 would be a width loading set, something like lat pulldown/meadows stretchers/lat pull down/meadows stretchers. Then set 2 would be a width loading set. Something like a BB row,pulley high row, BB Row, pulley high row. Would this be corect?

AfTer re reading the Above is very wrong. I went by the example in the book which uses tier 3 as an example, totaling 4 sets. At first I thought that was an example of what a loading set was, I got confused reading about the isolation exercises. So for tier 1 day 2 loading sets would Look like this?

Chest- compound movement, warmups then 1 set to failure
Delts- compound movement, warmups then 1 set to failure
Back- a width exercise and a thickness exercise - 1 set to failure for each
No bicep work
(09-12-2014, 12:44 PM)Machmood Wrote: I have a question about Tier 1 basic, day 2 Back loading reps. It says 2 sets, to me this means 2 sets of the "4 set loading progession". So set 1 would be a width loading set, something like lat pulldown/meadows stretchers/lat pull down/meadows stretchers. Then set 2 would be a width loading set. Something like a BB row,pulley high row, BB Row, pulley high row. Would this be corect?

AfTer re reading the Above is very wrong. I went by the example in the book which uses tier 3 as an example, totaling 4 sets. At first I thought that was an example of what a loading set was, I got confused reading about the isolation exercises. So for tier 1 day 2 loading sets would Look like this?

No bicep work

Your last version would be correct.

(09-12-2014, 12:44 PM)Machmood Wrote: I have a question about Tier 1 basic, day 2 Back loading reps. It says 2 sets, to me this means 2 sets of the "4 set loading progession". So set 1 would be a width loading set, something like lat pulldown/meadows stretchers/lat pull down/meadows stretchers. Then set 2 would be a width loading set. Something like a BB row,pulley high row, BB Row, pulley high row. Would this be corect?

No bicep work

Sorry for your confusion.

Now that you've looked at it more closely you'll see that there is no zig-zagging for the Tier I when you're doing just 1 set per muscle group. This is why there is a "-" in the column where the rest interval would be. (There is no "interval" to have because you only do 1 set.)

Rather than confuse a shit ton of people with the above, I put in the Tier III examples and ended them with "... perform stretch of your choice" to indicate that that was the end of training that particular muscle (group).

What you're referring to as "4 set loading progression" is what I call zig zagging in FT. It's more so an alternation between / among exercises, rather than a progression, at least how I think of it.

I had hoped that the figure on the bottom of page 90, where I outline all zig-zaggin for all three tiers might help, but i know there is a TON if info. in the book, so skimming is gonna happen. Smile

I hope you're entirely up to speed now, MM.

-S
-Scott

What MiniTruck told me I hit the nail on the head!!
I went back to the Basic Overviews but they only show teir 3 workouts?
The basic log also shows 90 second rest intervels for the zig zag and pump sets. Please tell me what my teir one program should look like.

(09-12-2014, 09:51 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Nope. Too many sets for Tier I, you're not super setting, and rest interval is not correct.

You'll gain the most from going back and re-reading the section on training and looking closely at the Overview Sheets.

-S

(09-13-2014, 04:34 AM)tj124 Wrote: What MiniTruck told me I hit the nail on the head!!
The basic log also shows 90 second rest intervels for the zig zag and pump sets. Please tell me what my teir one program should look like.

maybe look on page 134, that might be clearer on sets, and rests. This is what you did earlier, for lower loading/upper pump which I will edit to be what it should have been for FT. Bolded are my changes

(09-12-2014, 09:23 AM)tj124 Wrote: This is what I did for my first work out. Lower body load & upper body pump.
Lower Loading
Hammer V Squat 270lbs , 10 reps, 120 (not 90) sec rest
No smith squats one set of thighs
Leg ext 110 12 reps,120 (not 90)sec rest
Lying Leg Curl 95lbs 8 reps, No need to rest, go to adducts
Adducts 1 set
Calves, 2 sets, 60 seconds rest between sets

Upper body pump
Smith incline press 135lbs 15 reps no rest, superset to back
Pulldown 100lbs 23 reps, Should stretch here, should enough rest before hitting pump set of shoulders/abs
No rows, only one super set of chest and back
Side laterals 15lbs 22 reps, no rest, superset to abs
Pump set of Abs
No DB press, only one set of shoulders
Preacher Curl 60lbs 25 reps, no rest, superset to triceps
No trap work

I hope that clears things up and gets you in the right direction Smile
(09-13-2014, 04:34 AM)tj124 Wrote: What MiniTruck told me I hit the nail on the head!!

Minitruck was at one point not doing thing correctly.

Click the banner above (that you see on every page) to go back to where you download the book. You'll see that you can download FREE Overview sheets that show the four workouts, in summary, for all three Tiers. One overview sheet for the Basic Version, one for the Turbo Version.

Rest intervals for thigh loading sets are different from upper body, as well as for calves.

-S
-Scott