Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
What would you recommend for injuries? Specifically it seems that I have bicep tendonitis. That is what my Chiropractor thinks. I am planning on getting a more in depth look if it is still bothering me in another few weeks.
(09-16-2014, 05:27 AM)jwtiger69 Wrote: What would you recommend for injuries? Specifically it seems that I have bicep tendonitis. That is what my Chiropractor thinks. I am planning on getting a more in depth look if it is still bothering me in another few weeks.

I recommend seeing a local practitioner in person.

Seriously - it's so very common to try to get help about an injury online and it's almost a matter of pissing in the wind.

Without seeing you in person any diagnosis is limited by you, the person with the "injury" in terms of diagnostics. That's a severe handicap.

Heck, it's actually been ruled against by the Florida acupuncture board that practicing acupuncture (the diagnostic techniques) via the web is not permitted (per a petition I read a couple years ago).

It's great for gathering info (to help you figure out what to do / who to see), but frankly, in a case like this, it would be like me (a total ignoramus when is comes to cars) trying to get my car issues diagnosed. You can get options, opinions, figure out what things it might be, but not good real diagnosis and then treatment (fix).

------------------

FYI, I make these kinds of long posts so they can be referenced in the future....

----------------
In your case, you're not sure what it could be and not even sure how certain a case of biceps tendinitis would / could be. In the medical world, in the case of most tendons, tendinitis is as easy to diagnose as a flat tire.

But which biceps tendon?... (I'm not referring to left or right here, either.) Is is a developing tendinosis, possibly?... How long its been bothering someone will tell a bit about this, too.

The catch 22 is that someone like me (I'm medically licensed as an acupuncturist) will be most likely the person who can NOT (and should not) give you medical advice over the net (at least not blanket statements, answering a question like " What would you recommend?...)"

You'll find a million 2-3 sentence answers of what worked for one person when they had "elbow tendinitis" and I've answered many times online what can be done for tendinitis (I even have an article on it on eliteFTS - "Rustproofing the iron Warrior"), but the leap from symptoms to diagnosis to treatment is a scary one.

Symptoms --> Many many diagnoses. (A knowledgeable practitioner can list these off, of course.)

Diagnosis --> Treatment possibilities narrowed down. (Different preactitionerw will have different treatment modalities of course.)

But for full resolution of an issue, you'll need a straight shot from Symptoms to Treatment and that's not an online thing as far as most medical issues, IMO, at least without a lot of Q and A, signing a consent form and perhaps seeing someone in person at least once...

-S
Ok first question: can you do DB rows for Muscle rounds? Would you just go like 4 reps right arm, 4 reps left arm ect then continue till you get 24 each?

Also is this split acceptable?

Monday: off
Tuesdsay: upper MR
Wednesday: lower MR
Thursday :off
Friday: upper load
Sat: off
Sunday: lower load
oh one other thing. On the loading upper, Tier I.

Say I do back: like lat pulldowns fail at 9 reps. Then rest 1:30, then do horizontal row and fail at 8 reps. My question is..when I head to chest do I only have 1:30 rest to do my working set of say bench press? so do I have to like warm up bfore hand while doing back so I can do that working set directly after my back movment? then do my working set of delts 1;30 after the bench press?

im just confused on how to properly do the
Back 2 sets
chest 1 set
delt 1 set

(09-08-2014, 10:31 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You could try:

Leg press with an externally rotated hip position (like the frog stance that Altamir suggested. instead of a 3-4 sec descent (unless you need that for focusing on the VMO), I'd do 1 ½ rep, i.e., Full rep followed by a ½ rep from top mid point to top and then followed by the next full rep (regular rep tempo with deep range of motion still)

you can Do lunges or Romanian split squat variations that way, with DB's or on a smith (I'd not use a BB for the MR's)

I you want use DB's I do them romaian a Romanian split squat form (not walking lunges) and switch sides on the DB's. Set would be 4 Left / 4 right / 4 Left / 4 Right, etc. until you've done 6 sets of 4 for each leg. (No resting between switching sides except to drop the DB and roll to th either side (hold DB on the side of the working leg) or simply pick up the DB you've got ready at arms reach.

Do em like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Ee3M6SDgQ , but switch sides rather than doing drop sets.

You could also set up a leg press or even a standing squat with bands to emphasize tension at the (knee) extension end of the range of motion.

-S

Well, the leg press variant outlined above finally rotated into view in my workout schedule.

Now, I did these as a muscle round - taking the one and a half movements as one "rep" equivalent, then following the MR pattern.

Not only did the suggested stance allow for a deep ROM - to the bottom stops, in fact, but the stimulus was absolutely incredible.

The net result, without waxing lyrical about each rep, was that today I have the best-feeling DOMS ever in the teardrop and inner thigh area and, incredibly for me, absolutely no post-exercise knee pain whatsoever.

These are IN as a staple exercise.

The Romanian split squats will be in the next leg rotation.

Thanks very much - awesome exercise. Smile
(09-13-2014, 06:59 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Minitruck was at one point not doing thing correctly.

Click the banner above (that you see on every page) to go back to where you download the book. You'll see that you can download FREE Overview sheets that show the four workouts, in summary, for all three Tiers. One overview sheet for the Basic Version, one for the Turbo Version.

Rest intervals for thigh loading sets are different from upper body, as well as for calves.

-S

scott I cant find the page with the free overview sheets. sorry im retaded
(09-20-2014, 06:57 AM)juggy38 Wrote: scott I cant find the page with the free overview sheets. sorry im retaded

Same place one buys the book:

Scott Stevenson Fortitude Training Shop

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott,

First off, I've been progressing greatly on FT. Currently doing Tier II and I love it. But I have a question regarding weak body parts. I respect how you constructed the program so I have done it exactly as written. However, I do have weaknesses. In my case, it's shoulders and arms (especially arms). How do I handle this? I didn't want to just add more volume because that would be a disrespectful move towards you after all you've done to come up with this program, so I'm here asking how to bring these up.

Thanks!
(09-20-2014, 11:22 AM)cdre12 Wrote: Hi Scott,

First off, I've been progressing greatly on FT. Currently doing Tier II and I love it. But I have a question regarding weak body parts. I respect how you constructed the program so I have done it exactly as written. However, I do have weaknesses. In my case, it's shoulders and arms (especially arms). How do I handle this? I didn't want to just add more volume because that would be a disrespectful move towards you after all you've done to come up with this program, so I'm here asking how to bring these up.

Thanks!

BIG PICTURE: Are you gaining weight?... (You're gonna need to gain weight to make gains generally, not to mention in your weakest muscle groups.)

A few general ways to address the above and any weakness really - Simply use the program. Smile Smile Smile

Exercise selection:
Pick the ones that work for you.

Exercise Order
-Do Isolation exercises before compound exercises for MR's and Loading sets

Pump sets: Make these GLORIOUS. Don't just go through the motions. (Look up 5's in the Hole here for one technique not mentioned in the book.)

STRETCHES: Don't skimp on these either. Focus on occlusion and extreme stretches here shortly after training the muscle group (which will increase metabolic stress.)

------------

NOTE: Sometimes, you can be training a muscle group, TOO MUCH, too. If you're not getting stronger and it's much more sore than other muscle groups, all the time, for months on end, you might have to consider:

Some guys are doing cheat reps, taking all loading sets to failure, etc. for these weaker muscle groups and there is simply not enough recovery. Optimizingn stimulus is what's important. Easy example of this is that noe everyone would be trying to to Tier III. Tier I is great for many people who train REALLY hard.

AFTER MANY BLASTS and gaining weight, and honestly trying all of the above.
---Even consider doing Loading sets and MR's for these exercise earlier in a workout if needed, but structure the workout so you don't create a weak link. E.g., do shoulders first, then back, then chest, if shoulder work tends to weaken you for chest and become a weak link. You can even intersperse PUMP set between Loading sets to permit intra-workout fatigue.
---Consider higher volume tiers or using the Turbo layout just for the weak muscle groups.
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott,
I am thinking about switching around movements to pre-fatigue the muscle.
On the Zig Zag (tier 3) where would the sets to failure go? Example if you just want to place here and here lol.

Incline Fly
Incline Smith
Incline Fly
Incline Smith