Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tips you have got from this forum
What are some of your favorite things that you have incorporated into you FT routine that you have picked up from reading this forum? Maybe a new piece of equipment, a new movement, or maybe some nutritional advice.

Since joining here I have purchased a IronMind Hip Squat belt with the loading pin, a Top Squat, and a Swiss Bar. Each piece of equipment was due to reading Scott's and other peoples ideas for different exercises.

Some of my favorite movements that I do with those pieces of equipment are

Hip belt squats on the smith machine
Hip belt squats using a landmine
Hip belt squats using the loading pin
Top Squats on the Smith (absolutely love those)
Somersault Squats with Top Squat on Smith Machine
Flat Bench with Swiss Bar (I really love doing bb flat benches, but the risk of injury just isn't worth it. The swiss bar takes the danger factor out of it)
Bent over rows with the swiss bar
Seated ohp with swiss bar

And my favorite exercise I learned from here was Scott's Smith Sissy Hack Squat.

Scott's diet that he lays out in the FT ebook is working fantastic for me.

Please share some of your favorite ideas that you have picked up since beginning FT.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to flairsjobber for this post:
  • righty, Scott Stevenson
From this forum the main thing I've learned is to stick to the program, at least at first. If you do it right it works!

Also in no particular order:

5's in the Hole
Top squat
5's in the Hole
DB Gironda Leg curls
5's in the Hole
Motivation from other members
5's in the Hole

[quote]5's in the Hole
Top squat
5's in the Hole
DB Gironda Leg curls
5's in the Hole
5's in the Hole

I just tried the Gironda Leg Curls for the first time. I had to do them a bit differen't but they were awesome. I have powerblock DB up to 90lbs and regular DB after that. The Powerblocks are almost impossible to hold between the feet, so pulled my bench up to my low pulley and hooked my daisy chains that I use with my hip belt and put on a couple of ankle straps and it worked perfectly.

Dens, I've been reading your logs and it's been very helpful. I've straight up copied a couple of your workout days. I also like the fact that you are like me and feel that Tier 1 can be brutally effective if you put all out effort into it. I'm not saying the people doing higher tiers are not working as hard, but at 44 I just burn out everytime I try a higher tier.
Glad to hear. For me, if I do decide to do Tier 2 I'd probably only do it on week 3 and 6. Or maybe only week 6.
(03-13-2016, 01:08 AM)dens228 Wrote: From this forum the main thing I've learned is to stick to the program, at least at first. If you do it right it works!

Also in no particular order:

5's in the Hole
Top squat
5's in the Hole
DB Gironda Leg curls
5's in the Hole
5's in the Hole

What about 5's into the Hole?.... Wink

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I'll tell you, the first time I tried them I wasn't a fan. I think I was doing the "in the hole" reps too fast.

Now I need to closely monitor myself to not overdo them.
I did them for three straight exercises yesterday.
(03-14-2016, 12:52 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: What about 5's into the Hole?.... Wink

-S

The work of the devil~~ they are sneaky little bastards! [emoji7]
(03-14-2016, 01:38 AM)dens228 Wrote: I'll tell you, the first time I tried them I wasn't a fan. I think I was doing the "in the hole" reps too fast.

Now I need to closely monitor myself to not overdo them.
I did them for three straight exercises yesterday.

Yeah, I hear you there. I typically will do them for just one (not both or all three) of my Pump sets.

A nice combo I've found is, for instance:

• 1st pump set: 5's into the Hole.
• 2nd Pump set (esp. if using the same exercise): Reverse 21's

(03-14-2016, 02:08 AM)Jen Wrote: The work of the devil~~ they are sneaky little bastards! [emoji7]

biggrin

Yes! One of those things that I think some folks watching you do are thinking - what kind of wimpy stuff is that?...

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I just did Overhead Dumbbell Flys for the first time today. A great excersise for a MR. It's amazing that I've lifted for so long and a simple movement like that just never crossed my mind. The longer I do FT the more I realize just how little I know.
(03-14-2016, 05:50 AM)flairsjobber Wrote: I just did Overhead Dumbbell Flys for the first time today. A great excersise for a MR. It's amazing that I've lifted for so long and a simple movement like that just never crossed my mind. The longer I do FT the more I realize just how little I know.

What are overhead dumbbell flyes?