Integrative Bodybuilding
Adapting FT to powerlifting - Printable Version

+- Integrative Bodybuilding (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fortitude Training - The Forum (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-53.html)
+--- Forum: Fortitude Training™ - Program Info, Basics, Testimonals (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-54.html)
+--- Thread: Adapting FT to powerlifting (/thread-1458.html)

Adapting FT to powerlifting - Obrnpwrlftr - 11-15-2020

I'm new here. I've read the book and tried the zig zag method just to see how it feels and I like it so I really want to try the program as close to as written as I can. Before I get to my question here are a few things about me...
48 years old. Used to be a competetive powerlifter in a multi ply federation but decided to try other things. My last competition was 8 years ago. I am now weak as a wet turd and nearly 25 lbs under my competition weight. I recently found an incredible gym with all of the powerlifting stuff to make a lifter drool and a lot of Hammer Strength as well as other equipment so there is tons of variety. So... I think I've been bitten by the powerlifting bug again but I need to gain more size which is what FT is made for. So, on to my question...

How can FT be adapted to train the squat, bench and deadlift for competition? Could it be as simple as replacing chest with Bench Press and Thighs with Squats? Has anyone used this program in conjunction with powerlifting training? I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything about programming. Any ideas would be appreciated.

RE: Adapting FT to powerlifting - Scott Stevenson - 11-15-2020

(11-15-2020, 12:08 PM)Obrnpwrlftr Wrote: I'm new here. I've read the book and tried the zig zag method just to see how it feels and I like it so I really want to try the program as close to as written as I can. Before I get to my question here are a few things about me...
48 years old. Used to be a competetive powerlifter in a multi ply federation but decided to try other things. My last competition was 8 years ago. I am now weak as a wet turd and nearly 25 lbs under my competition weight. I recently found an incredible gym with all of the powerlifting stuff to make a lifter drool and a lot of Hammer Strength as well as other equipment so there is tons of variety. So... I think I've been bitten by the powerlifting bug again but I need to gain more size which is what FT is made for. So, on to my question...

How can FT be adapted to train the squat, bench and deadlift for competition?

Yes, but you can also use a VW Beetle to tow a boat...

Quote:Could it be as simple as replacing chest with Bench Press and Thighs with Squats? Has anyone used this program in conjunction with powerlifting training?

Yes and yes! Smile Smile Smile

Quote: I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything about programming. Any ideas would be appreciated.

FT In a Powerlifting Gym?

Adding powerlifting work into an FT layout

Powerlifting modification to FT

Powerlifting modification to FT

-S

RE: Adapting FT to powerlifting - Valentin01 - 12-16-2020

you can do pistols with flat feet? Interesting... anyway I'm afraid you're probably not gonna hear what you wanna hear. I'd tend to agree with what the PT's said, you mention you're already having knee problems and that's exactly what one might expect Waiting for the redirectiron... . Ankle too but if you can do pistols then maybe they're all right. How old are you btw? If you are young and this is your situation now you might want to have a good long think about whether powerlifting is a good idea for you. Good luck all the same. FWIW I would also be carefully reviewing my shoe collection if I were you.