Integrative Bodybuilding
Starting FT with limited equipment - Printable Version

+- Integrative Bodybuilding (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Visitor's Forums (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Articles, Videos and Samples (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Starting FT with limited equipment (/thread-1459.html)

Starting FT with limited equipment - Teamtony - 11-17-2020

Im currently in Europe and we are in full lockdown so no gyms. Training been getting a little stale and I saw your revive podcast and was interested. Bought the book finished it in the first 3 hours I’m very excited to start the program. I have dumbbells from 20-30 and 1-10 kilograms, pull up bar dip bar kettlebell and a bench. I’m curious if I could start my FT tier three programming without machines especially for the muscle rounds which I’m very excited for.

Thank you in advance

Side Question:My main goal is hypertrophy but because I’m a Jiu Jistu enthusiast and instructor I want to keep my cardio at a decent level, I have an echo bike can I incorporate that into my weekly training without overly compromising my gains.

RE: Starting FT with limited equipment - Scott Stevenson - 11-18-2020

(11-17-2020, 07:34 PM)Teamtony Wrote: Im currently in Europe and we are in full lockdown so no gyms. Training been getting a little stale and I saw your revive podcast and was interested. Bought the book finished it in the first 3 hours I’m very excited to start the program. I have dumbbells from 20-30 and 1-10 kilograms, pull up bar dip bar kettlebell and a bench. I’m curious if I could start my FT tier three programming without machines especially for the muscle rounds which I’m very excited for.

Thank you in advance

Side Question:My main goal is hypertrophy but because I’m a Jiu Jistu enthusiast and instructor I want to keep my cardio at a decent level, I have an echo bike can I incorporate that into my weekly training without overly compromising my gains.

Hey Tony!

I'm going to encourage you to search the board for answers to this home gym question, as it's been asked quite a few times. Also, the topic of FT alongside other types of training (like BJJ, MMA, etc.) has been addressed a good deal. biggrin

(Glad you liked the podcast, BTW - seems this one came off really well! Smile )

-Scott

RE: Starting FT with limited equipment - Teamtony - 11-19-2020

Ok, I saw the home workout very excited to start my FT training program. Couldn’t find the information FT alongside other training protocols. I will continue to look through the forms if you can point me in a direction I would appreciate it. Thanks again for you time and im very excited

RE: Starting FT with limited equipment - Scott Stevenson - 11-19-2020

(11-19-2020, 01:41 AM)Teamtony Wrote: Ok, I saw the home workout very excited to start my FT training program. Couldn’t find the information FT alongside other training protocols. I will continue to look through the forms if you can point me in a direction I would appreciate it. Thanks again for you time and im very excited

You're not a subscriber to the forums yet.... (Check your purchase email for that. Smile It's free with book purchase!)

-S

RE: Starting FT with limited equipment - Teamtony - 11-22-2020

I bought the book let’s me see how to do that. thank you again

RE: Starting FT with limited equipment - Kabhattacharya - 09-27-2021

(11-17-2020, 07:34 PM)Teamtony Wrote: Im currently in Europe and we are in full lockdown so no gyms. Training been getting a little stale and I saw your revive podcast and was interested. Bought the book finished it in the first 3 hours I’m very excited to start the program. I have dumbbells from 20-30 and 1-10 kilograms, pull up bar dip bar kettlebell and a bench. I’m curious if I could start my FT tier three programming without machines especially for  the muscle rounds which I’m very excited for.

Thank you in advance

Some interesting ways to add variety to home training

*Daisy chains and handles tied to weights for pulling movements / flexion / extension
*Bands
*Varying your stability, e.g. supported on the bench single arm DB rows / vs kneeling over supporting yourself on your knee DB rows
*Rep speed
*Slight angle changes on a flat bench can be of tremendous value
*Pressing with your butt hanging off the bench
*Unilateral work

Hope this helps