Integrative Bodybuilding
Rest between MRs - Printable Version

+- Integrative Bodybuilding (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fortitude Training - The Forum (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-53.html)
+--- Forum: Fortitude Training™ - Program Info, Basics, Testimonals (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-54.html)
+--- Thread: Rest between MRs (/thread-262.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rest between MRs - jfdupuis - 08-11-2014

Do you guys take a day off between Day 3 and Day 4 of the program (Turbo)?

I notice that the book says not to do three days in a row, but I since the Turbo program trains all body parts on both day 3 and 4, I was curious to see how you guys approach that.

thanks!

RE: Rest between MRs - dens228 - 08-11-2014

I take a day off between 1 and 2 since they are whole body workouts.

I do 3 and 4 back to back.

RE: Rest between MRs - jfdupuis - 08-11-2014

Are you on the Basic or Turbo program?

RE: Rest between MRs - Scott Stevenson - 08-11-2014

As a note, given when I put the book out, my suggestion is that pretty much NO ONE should be doing a Turbo version right now (at this date in history), simply b/c my suggestion is a first blast in Basic starting with Tier I the first week.

Also, as dens notes, BOTH Basic and Turbo are full body days on Day 1 and Day 2 (they are identical for both Versions)... Smile

-S

RE: Rest between MRs - jfdupuis - 08-11-2014

Thanks Scott! So let's say after doing a few basic blasts, someone decided to switch to the Turbo program, would you then recommend a day off between day 3 and 4?

RE: Rest between MRs - Scott Stevenson - 08-12-2014

(08-11-2014, 11:25 PM)jfdupuis Wrote: Thanks Scott! So let's say after doing a few basic blasts, someone decided to switch to the Turbo program, would you then recommend a day off between day 3 and 4?

You're welcome!

I would actually recommend making that decision based on how you feel when doing the Version and Tier at that time. I generally find the Loading Set days to be the ones I personally prefer to have days separating, but that's not going to be true for everyone.

-S

Rest between MRs - Hakan Çelik - 11-21-2014

Hi Scott, I directly started turbo tier 3 and after 3 weeks decided to intensive cruise week current week. I was well trained before start. I trust my condition then gone for T3T directly. First I did Monday Tuesday and Thursday Saturday . Following week I did M W and F St. My experience is there should be off day between MR workouts. Else recovery took longer time .

I'm so fimiliar to Mi40 and some 12 week body plan workouts. But FT made my testosterone fired up.

RE: Rest between MRs - Scott Stevenson - 11-21-2014

Hakan,

Yes, you probably should have only trained maybe EOD during the training portion of the Intensive cruise.

Glad you felt you test. was fired up. Higher sex drive?...

-S

Rest between MRs - Hakan Çelik - 11-25-2014

Hi Scott, sex drive also was unusually good but I was too tired then preferred to sleep instead. Turbo tier 3 needs very good recovery. Really you must eat a lot. Today I started second blast with my experience from first blast. Workout was more effective but I could not perform my last squat kg because of pain on my lower back . In week three I felt more stronger than before on the squat and I increased the weight for last set of squat by 30% directly.

beware gym rats FTmakes you really stronger and please control yourself during increasing the weights on the bar.

I did three workouts during intensive cruise. Tuesday I did MR day2 and Thursday I did MR day2 only lower body and Friday MR1 only upper body. I hit the chest by 3 exercise as MR was very good intensity. Saturday I was too tired until Sunday afternoon. But today hit the day1 strongly.

I will also share my other programme experience if you confirm.

I will be glad to hear your advices if any.

Thank you

RE: Rest between MRs - Scott Stevenson - 11-25-2014

(11-25-2014, 05:25 AM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: Hi Scott, sex drive also was unusually good but I was too tired then preferred to sleep instead. Turbo tier 3 needs very good recovery. Really you must eat a lot. Today I started second blast with my experience from first blast. Workout was more effective but I could not perform my last squat kg because of pain on my lower back . In week three I felt more stronger than before on the squat and I increased the weight for last set of squat by 30% directly.

beware gym rats FTmakes you really stronger and please control yourself during increasing the weights on the bar.

I did three workouts during intensive cruise. Tuesday I did MR day2 and Thursday I did MR day2 only lower body and Friday MR1 only upper body. I hit the chest by 3 exercise as MR was very good intensity. Saturday I was too tired until Sunday afternoon. But today hit the day1 strongly.

I will also share my other programme experience if you confirm.

I will be glad to hear your advices if any.

Thank you

Hakan,

There's a bit of a language barrier here, I think: I can't tell what you were doing exactly.

It does sound like you're going by your own intuition / recovery ability, but trying to do a Tier III Turbo level of volume. In other words, it sounds like you're doing your own thing, kind of stringing together parts of the FT workouts.

If you want to start a training log, feel free. (This thread isn't about your training per se.) It would be great to note in there that you're not going by the FT schedule, but doing your own thing...

-S