Integrative Bodybuilding
FT Progression = Tier Regression - Printable Version

+- Integrative Bodybuilding (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fortitude Training - The Forum (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-53.html)
+--- Forum: Fortitude Training™ - Program Info, Basics, Testimonals (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-54.html)
+--- Thread: FT Progression = Tier Regression (/thread-749.html)

Pages: 1 2

FT Progression = Tier Regression - jonmiller - 10-26-2016

Putting this out there more as info and food for thought, while interested in hearing what others think and experience as well. But taking the risk of saying something that sounds stupid, so here goes anyway Smile

Every blast session, I have been able to do a little less. First blast, did tier 3 workouts. Second blast, didn't go above Tier 2. Next few blasts only got to 5 weeks. Current blast, started to cruise after 4 weeks (felt beat up after 3 weeks and pushed one more).

Honestly, I'm considering on the next blast to stay at Tier 1 all the way and just see how many weeks I make it (not going past 6). Just push like a m'fer through it. In essence, try to pound myself into the ground with just Tier 1.

My personal thought is this. Even though I feel like I push as hard as I can every workout, the reality is that I've progressively pushed harder each blast session. Slowly getting used to the program more and more each time. Plus the obvious fact that my weights are increasing, so pushing "harder" in that sense.

The back information: I am regularly gaining strength. (Yes, Scott, my squats and hack squats are still going up!) Eating on schedule. Not totally on point in that I have definitely been having dessert at night regularly (working on not doing that anymore). We do a "whatever we want" family meal on Saturday night. Then I take a Skipload approach to Sunday. Getting stronger, gaining some fat.

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - Altamir - 10-26-2016

I'm thinking about this myself, as I may be pushing myself to far. There is certainly a bit of a learning curve to the program, and it takes 3 blasts or so (at least in IMO) till you hit your stride and really start to be able to push yourself 100%.

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - scousedave - 10-26-2016

I'm currently doing this myself and coming to the end of a blast. I was a Tier II man through and through but lifts were stalling out and from blast to blast with the same loading exercise selection I was only getting a couple of rep/+10 weight jumps. Now on tier I my lifts are rocketing up and I've shaken off the slight tendonitis I was getting in my left knee.

I will say though if you do it you have to commit to it 100%. While I used to go through the motions on the pump sets now I attack them like a man possessed.

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - Altamir - 10-26-2016

(10-26-2016, 03:23 AM)scousedave Wrote: I'm currently doing this myself and coming to the end of a blast. I was a Tier II man through and through but lifts were stalling out and from blast to blast with the same loading exercise selection I was only getting a couple of rep/+10 weight jumps. Now on tier I my lifts are rocketing up and I've shaken off the slight tendonitis I was getting in my left knee.

I will say though if you do it you have to commit to it 100%. While I used to go through the motions on the pump sets now I attack them like a man possessed.

I've also found (at least for myself) you straight up just have more energy for your pump sets. Can't hit a bunch of hard squats and then go through the gauntlet of pump sets and expect to be as fresh. Certainly lends itself to the quality of the reps!

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - Scott Stevenson - 10-26-2016

This is brilliant, Guys.

Quality over quantity - with adequate volume (which can and does vary) - is the way to go, IMO. Smile

If you're able to do your sets with a do or die mentality then it's very possible that Tier I is all you'll need. Smile

-S

FT Progression = Tier Regression - Jen - 10-26-2016

I've used all three as well and found one to be most effective / efficient for my body. I think I'll hit three again this winter when my job is slower so I can be allowed more time in the gym. I find it interesting too that my "look" has been Best in my opinion on tier one. Just my two cents for my own programming.

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - jonmiller - 10-27-2016

Thank you all for the responses. It's always good to have some confirmation I'm not crazy in my way of thinking. Definitely going to just hit Tier 1 as hard as I can on the next blast session and see how it goes.

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - scousedave - 10-27-2016

(10-26-2016, 08:19 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: This is brilliant, Guys.

Quality over quantity - with adequate volume (which can and does vary) - is the way to go, IMO. Smile

If you're able to do your sets with a do or die mentality then it's very possible that Tier I is all you'll need. Smile

-S

I can second this. Years of DC prior to FT mean that I have a tendency to hit every set like my life depended upon it.

I think the only time I'll touch Tier II again is if I'm either prepping for a comp (for the additional calorie burn and EPOC) or look at using other supplements (enhancements in recovery).

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - jonmiller - 10-29-2016

Follow up for those of you who did drop from a higher tier to just using Tier 1. Did you adjust your diet at all (decrease calories in any way?).

Before when I was on Tier 1 at the start of a blast, I was definitely not as hungry post workout. HOWEVER, the point of this is to work on really pounding out Tier 1, so in my mind I need to be working hard enough to BE HUNGRY as usual after a Tier 1 workout.

Thoughts/suggestions?

RE: FT Progression = Tier Regression - Altamir - 10-29-2016

(10-29-2016, 02:57 AM)jonmiller Wrote: Follow up for those of you who did drop from a higher tier to just using Tier 1. Did you adjust your diet at all (decrease calories in any way?).

Before when I was on Tier 1 at the start of a blast, I was definitely not as hungry post workout. HOWEVER, the point of this is to work on really pounding out Tier 1, so in my mind I need to be working hard enough to BE HUNGRY as usual after a Tier 1 workout.

Thoughts/suggestions?

My first go through of this I vexed over this A LOT. In the end I ended up keeping calories the same, and it was the right choice for me. More importantly, I personally believe your mentally is correct.

I'd personally stick with the tier adjustment first, keep your diet the same, and wait and see what happens and adjust from there. If you like what's happening, keep it. If not, make a small adjustment and see if you like that better. If you start changing too many big things at once you're not going to get the informational feedback you're looking for. You won't know what went wrong or right. Smile