Integrative Bodybuilding
Basic questions regarding Loading sets - Printable Version

+- Integrative Bodybuilding (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fortitude Training - The Forum (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-53.html)
+--- Forum: Fortitude Training™ - Program Info, Basics, Testimonals (http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/forum-54.html)
+--- Thread: Basic questions regarding Loading sets (/thread-769.html)

Basic questions regarding Loading sets - HansKutsch - 12-26-2016

Hi folks,

sorry for asking these basic questions, but as I'm not a native speaker one might excuse Wink

When reading through page 87 of the ebook I get confused, so I'd appreciate if someone would lend me a helping hand.

Let's just assume there will be 3 weeks (no cruise taking into account).
Furthermore just assume there would ONLY be chest as exercise

Group A, B and C exercise:
DB Flat Press (A)
Smith Inclined Press (B)
Dips ©

How do you set up the routine for a three week blast?

Week 1: Tier 1 Group A
Week 2: Tier 2 Group B
Week 3: Tier 3 Group C

?

Merry Xmas to you all and thanks!

RE: Basic questions regarding Loading sets - Scott Stevenson - 12-26-2016

(12-26-2016, 09:21 PM)HansKutsch Wrote: Hi folks,

sorry for asking these basic questions, but as I'm not a native speaker one might excuse Wink

When reading through page 87 of the ebook I get confused, so I'd appreciate if someone would lend me a helping hand.

Let's just assume there will be 3 weeks (no cruise taking into account).
Furthermore just assume there would ONLY be chest as exercise

Group A, B and C exercise:
DB Flat Press (A)
Smith Inclined Press (B)
Dips ©

How do you set up the routine for a three week blast?

Week 1: Tier 1 Group A
Week 2: Tier 2 Group B
Week 3: Tier 3 Group C

?

Merry Xmas to you all and thanks!

You'll need to incorporate Chest Isolation exercises per Volume Tiers as dictated in the Overview Sheets so that you can "zig-zag" between the above compound exercise (for each Rotation) and the Isolation exercises you choose.

(You could even use the same isolation exercises for the different "groups" each week if you wanted. This would depend upon whether you are trying to focus on some aspect of your chest. For instance, if you have a heck of a time getting upper chest activation and/or getting sore there, you might use an incline DB fly preceding your incline smith press and your dips, and even before the DB flat press if you end up working at a higher volume Tier.)

BTW, I'd not get ahead of yourself and assume you'll reach Tier III doing your first blast. It's possible of course, but could be too much. (Simply auto regulate. Smile )

So, it would go like this, per your question:

Week 1 (A) DB Flat Press (Tier I - Just one set)
Week 2 (B) Incline DB Fly zig zagged with incline Smith press (Tier II - one set each, two sets total)
Week 3 (C ) Flat DB Fly zig zagged with Dips (Tier III - two sets each, so 4 sets total)

You can vary whether you do the compound or isolation exercise first. Isolation exercises done first have the advantage of pre-exhausting and providing neurofeedback to help you learn to engage the chest better, which is a common issue.

IF / when you plateau on a given Group, you can switch the order and proceed from there. At the next plateau, you could then switch back again, if you like. (This can allow you to progressively overload with the exercises that you truly prefer for Loading sets for quite a long time before ditching a set of Loading set exercises.)

-S

RE: Basic questions regarding Loading sets - HansKutsch - 12-27-2016

Scott,
Thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated!

Would you do me the favor and have a look at this draft:
[attachment=1126]

Does this look right to you?
I just focussed on setting up the loading set regimen.

PS: Why cannot I access some posts (logs for instance) or even my attached picture when embedded in the post?

RE: Basic questions regarding Loading sets - Scott Stevenson - 12-28-2016

(12-27-2016, 04:36 AM)HansKutsch Wrote: Scott,
Thanks a lot, your help is much appreciated!

Would you do me the favor and have a look at this draft:

Does this look right to you?
I just focussed on setting up the loading set regimen.

PS: Why cannot I access some posts (logs for instance) or even my attached picture when embedded in the post?

Hey Hans,

I'm really not going to micromanage each persons FT program as you've asked me to do. It's like someone asking me to spell check their work. At some point you're going to have to be accountable for what you do in the gym. If the overview sheet says 4 loading sets, then you do four sets. This is why I wrote the book. Smile

Otherwise, I'd be going back and forth with you in a consult style asking you about each and every exercise yo've chosen, and things like how you plan be sure no one takes over your SL deadlift station during your loading sets during week 1

This most important thing here that I don't see you recognizing is that this is also all hypothetical b/c you may not do Tier III. Autoregulation is vital for this system to work. Just like you don't see to trust yourself to do 4 sets when it says 4 sets, it seems you might not be sure you trust yourself to use Tier II when your body is saying that Tier III is too much.

-----------

Accessing posts is one issue. (I don't what you mean by "posts." Are the threads you can't open? You shouldn't have restrictions, given you're a subscriber.)

I'm not sure what you mean by accessing your embedded picture. If you edit your post, you can change he picture. If you click in the pic, it should pop up or open in another tab on your browser.

-S