Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-03-2016, 03:04 AM)Altamir Wrote: Welcome Rob,

You did your back movements correctly, one set of thickness, one set of width. Take a look at this thread and see if this helps moving to tier 2. hope it helps and feel free to fire away with more questions if you need some further clarifcation! Smile

Loading sets help
Brill, I've had a look and understand now. Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(08-03-2016, 02:24 AM)robc1985 Wrote: I've read the book numerous times but I'm still a little confused with the zig-zagging process.

Ie I am on tier 1 and did upper load today thus meaning 2 sets for back. I did hammer strength rows and then Wg Chins, so 2 sets total. Is this correct or should it be one set of rows to one set of Wg Chins and then back to rows meaning 2 sets of the initial movement?

What you did was correct. You can order width before thickness or vice versa. Dealer's choice.

Quote:Another example may be tier 2 chest load so 3 sets. Do I do press, flyes, cables meaning 3 sets or press, flyes (repeat press and flies to result in initial lift being completed 3 times)

Tier II Chest Loading calls for 2 sets, so you'd do 1 set of a compound exercise and 1 set of an isolation exercise.

However, the same here would apply : You are choosing your go to exercises that lend themselves well to training in the 6-12 rep range and target the intended muscle.

However, you seem to be wanting to do three exercises (I can't tell from how it's written above) and I'd not suggest that, mainly for practical reasons (too many exercises to warm up on and stuff to commandeer in the gym).

For Tier II Back, you would do 3 sets, but I'd put TWO exercises (one width and 1 thickness) and set this up so that your target your relative weakness (thickness or width) during these loading sets, considering all three rotations you'll move through.

Quote:Apart from that everything else makes sense and I'm sure I'm really going to enjoy this program.

Many thanks.

You're welcome! Smile

So, the bottom lines here:

You don't "truly" zig zag when there are only 2 sets (as only do 1 set of each of the two exercises you've chosen)

When doing 3 - 4 Loading sets, still used 2 exercises: Pick them per the above, and structure them (order, number of each) as needed to bring up your physique.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-03-2016, 07:47 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: What you did was correct. You can order width before thickness or vice versa. Dealer's choice.

Tier II Chest Loading calls for 2 sets, so you'd do 1 set of a compound exercise and 1 set of an isolation exercise.

However, the same here would apply : You are choosing your go to exercises that lend themselves well to training in the 6-12 rep range and target the intended muscle.

However, you seem to be wanting to do three exercises (I can't tell from how it's written above) and I'd not suggest that, mainly for practical reasons (too many exercises to warm up on and stuff to commandeer in the gym).

For Tier II Back, you would do 3 sets, but I'd put TWO exercises (one width and 1 thickness) and set this up so that your target your relative weakness (thickness or width) during these loading sets, considering all three rotations you'll move through.

You're welcome! Smile

So, the bottom lines here:

You don't "truly" zig zag when there are only 2 sets (as only do 1 set of each of the two exercises you've chosen)

When doing 3 - 4 Loading sets, still used 2 exercises: Pick them per the above, and structure them (order, number of each) as needed to bring up your physique.

-S
Brilliant. Thanks for your detailed response. All makes perfect sense now. [emoji3]
(08-03-2016, 06:12 PM)robc1985 Wrote: Brilliant. Thanks for your detailed response. All makes perfect sense now. [emoji3]

You're welcome!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hey everyone (and Scott). In the middle of my second week of my blast here, at tier 1 basic. Starting to get a bit achy in my legs. Not crippling DOMS by any stretch, but just a bit of constant soreness after doing Day 1 and Day 2, with a day of rest in between them. Today is just an off day with a 45 min LISS treadmill session before lower MR's tomorrow.

Just wondering if this is normal for someone during the first blast of FT? I am in the process of trying to lean out a bit, so definitely not pushing food hard, but I don't feel like I'm hungry at all, and not dropping weight fast, sleep has been good for the most part, etc. Should I be adding some carbs into the peri workout window to help with recovery? Or is there anything else anyone would suggest that would help? OR will the soreness just begin to subside once my body becomes more accustomed to the higher frequency?

Thanks!
I'm sure those more educated and I will field this better, but just wanted to share my experience. Wink Hard to say if it's normal. and hope we are talking strictly achy in the muscles correct? No joint pain? For myself, my chest was sore almost 24/7 through my first blast, painful, but I saw some good growth. Hard to say only a week and half in if your are still progressing or not. Numbers were the only thing that kept me moving forward when my chest was so sore. I kept beating the log book, so I just kept doing what I was doing. I was in a caloric surplus at the time, and doing lots of soft tissue work, so it made a difference.

How much weight have you dropped since you started FT? How's the mirror looking? Lots of folks (including myself) usually recomp through their first blast, despite adding food or making adjustments. First thing that comes to my mind, if you find that you're having trouble progressing, or the soreness is really escalating, is you may need to scale back your cardio. You say LISS, but your log says HR between 130-140, which is MISS. I made this mistake myself, thinking I was doing one, when I was doing another. So that x3 a week, plus legs three times a week might be a little too much for you to recover from. At least until maybe you get a little more used to the frequency.

How are you feeling after doing cardio? Better / worse?

Last question, are you running Day 1 and Day 2 back to back?

(08-05-2016, 05:32 AM)Altamir Wrote: Hard to say if it's normal. and hope we are talking strictly achy in the muscles correct? No joint pain? My chest was sore almost 24/7 through my first blast, painful, but I saw some good growth. Hard to say only a week and half in if your are still progressing or not. Numbers were the only thing that kept me moving forward when my chest was so sore. I kept beating the log book, so I just kept doing what I was doing. I was in a caloric surplus at the time, and doing lots of soft tissue work, so it made a difference.

How much weight have you dropped since you started FT? How's the mirror looking? Lots of folks (including myself) usually recomp through their first blast, despite adding food or making adjustments. First thing that comes to my mind, if you find that you're having trouble progressing, or the soreness is really escalating, is you may need to scale back your cardio. You say LISS, but your log says HR between 130-140, which is MISS. I made this mistake myself, thinking I was doing one, when I was doing another. So that x3 a week, plus legs three times a week might be a little too much for you to recover from. At least until maybe you get a little more used to the frequency.

How are you feeling after doing cardio? Better / worse?

No joint pain just a bit of soreness. Nothing horrible though lol. I'll see if my strength is still solid tomorrow for MR day and of the soreness persists.

Last time I checked weight was down about 2 lbs in the morning. Haven't checked for 2 days. I actually have adjusted my cardio and doing it at about 120-125 bpms more recently, and only doing 45 mind on the treadmill 2x a week. Other cardio work is just walking briskly outside or just walking my dog.

Don't feel much difference after cardio to be honest. About the same!
haha, then you may just have to let this one run it's course, and adjust if it doesn't go. I edited my post, and you must have missed it, are you running day 1 and day 2 back to back? Those are by far the hardest days, and running them back to back is going to make you feel like crud the next day. It's actually how I personally run them, and leaves me overall feeling like trash on Monday morning, but by Tuesday, when its Lower MR I'm good to go.
Anybody use bodyweight exersices for their pump sets? I love diamond push-ups, all push-ups variations, dips, Chins, handstand push-ups, etc. You can make them much harder by adding pauses and other intensity techniques such as 5 in hole, adding bands, and continually hammering out reps by changing hand positions. Any other bodyweight junkies out there?
[quote='Altamir' pid='11547' dateline='1470340024']
haha, then you may just have to let this one run it's course, and adjust if it doesn't go. I edited my post, and you must have missed it, are you running day 1 and day 2 back to back? Those are by far the hardest days, and running them back to back is going to make you feel like crud the next day. It's actually how I personally run them, and leaves me overall feeling like trash on Monday morning, but by Tuesday, when its Lower MR I'm good to go.

Day off in between 1 and 2. All I did was a about 60 mins of walking outside and some ab work that day so nothing crazy. I will see how I'm feeling tomorrow and day after, and if I still feel like I'm not recovering should I add some carbs into the periwirkour window?