Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(09-28-2016, 11:07 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hey Bud,

I would lie in a smith rack on the floor and use powerhooks to do them as a Muscle Round. Smile

COUNTRY POWER INC. (If you dig around, you can sometimes find them cheaper at other places).

These are good investment IMO for DB pressing in general, as well as using DB's for doing dips and chins (see the site for pics, etc.).

Smile

-S

They look like a very good idea to me!

Cheers pal
(09-28-2016, 11:55 PM)powerhouse_ad Wrote: They look like a very good idea to me!

Cheers pal

I like them a lot! Just don't drop them as they can break / bend. Sad

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-28-2016, 11:11 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I think you simply need to clarify what is a failure point (see bolded above) for you. (Did you or did you not reach failure on the 5th set, i.e., were you able to complete that rep with normal form, or did you have to put your hands on your legs to move the weight or shimmy around in the seat to simply get the weight back to the normal starting position, meaning you didn't get the 4th rep?)

Smile

-S

Gotcha. Definitely didn't cheat on the rep, just trying to be cautious with hitting failure since i am feeling a bit beat up from dieting and training and this is a cruise period. But what you are saying definitely makes sense.

Thanks Scott!
(09-29-2016, 09:12 AM)B_Forge Wrote: Gotcha. Definitely didn't cheat on the rep, just trying to be cautious with hitting failure since i am feeling a bit beat up from dieting and training and this is a cruise period. But what you are saying definitely makes sense.

Thanks Scott!

You're welcome!!!

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi guys
Just a quick on
I'm starting a new job in the next week
And basically il be going from 12-14 hour shifts , most of that time im I my feet
New job is 8-9 hours , pretty much not doing anything other than sitting down most of the day .
So would it be worth taking carbs out of non training days .
I find I do need carbs when doing FT as I'm usually beat up on rest days , but then I'm usually on my feet and very busy , so that usually adds to me feeling a bit beat up .
In the new job I have more time to rest mentally as wel as physically as it's also very easy going Compead to what I'm coming from .
(10-01-2016, 12:38 AM)mikeland91 Wrote: Hi guys
Just a quick on
I'm starting a new job in the next week
And basically il be going from 12-14 hour shifts , most of that time im I my feet
New job is 8-9 hours , pretty much not doing anything other than sitting down most of the day .
So would it be worth taking carbs out of non training days .
I find I do need carbs when doing FT as I'm usually beat up on rest days , but then I'm usually on my feet and very busy , so that usually adds to me feeling a bit beat up .
In the new job I have more time to rest mentally as wel as physically as it's also very easy going Compead to what I'm coming from .

I'd change one thing at a time ( the job will be first) and then decide what dietary changes to make. Smile

-S
-Scott

Scott,

So I'm curious as you've mentioned in a couple podcasts that you may be updating FT soon? Any ETA on Fortitude Training 2.0? biggrin
(10-04-2016, 05:43 AM)DOWORK Wrote: Scott,

So I'm curious as you've mentioned in a couple podcasts that you may be updating FT soon? Any ETA on Fortitude Training 2.0? biggrin

Can't given an accurate prediction, man. Sad (Frankly, it would online suicide to do so unless certain, b/c if I were late the inquiries would be overwhelming I suspect, starting wth the folks who would message me because they were hoping something was coming out "early." Sad )

-S
-Scott

(10-04-2016, 07:30 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Can't given an accurate prediction, man. Sad (Frankly, it would online suicide to do so unless certain, b/c if I were late the inquiries would be overwhelming I suspect, starting wth the folks who would message me because they were hoping something was coming out "early." Sad )

-S

Totally understand. Will be waiting patiently Smile
Hey guys just a quick question about loading sets for day 1.

Started on tier 1 this week, day 1 was on Saturday. My rotation went:

Smith Bulgarian Splits Squats/ Close stance horizontal leg press/ DB stiff leg dead lift.

My question is, should I be hitting concentric failure on all 3 of those sets since I'm on doing 1 set of each? That's what I did, but not sure if that was correct. Since none of them are truly "isolation exercises" should I only be failing on the last exercise (DB SLDL)?

Thanks!