Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(05-23-2017, 08:03 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Hey Scott,

I think it would be really cool if you could be a guest on Dr. Rhonda Patrick's podcast and discuss everything from muscle hypertrophy, IGF and longevity and a plethora of topics relating to health and performance. Wonder if emailing her this request might serve any use. She might be hesitant in talking to a human anatomy chart with a PHD tho Smile

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LOL!!!

I do like her show, although I think she's sometimes written out a bit too much of what she writes such that it's probably too dense for most folks to fully absorb when listening. (I personally can take in info. more readily when reading vs. listening, and some of things I've heard form her more recently were obviously written out beforehand... )

I'd love to be on the show, but I suspect she's bombarded with such requests. (If you've got an inside scoop, hook me up! Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hey guys,

Is it just me or do you sometimes look better during a cruise than a blast? I notice that smashing PRs every week leads to a kind of flatter, and depleted physique after a few weeks, you can still keep beating the logbook but you can see the systemic beating your body's taking?

And I'm only running tier 1 basic FT, still incredibly taxing if you have a screw loose in your head. I couldn't run tier 2 for more than 3 weeks last blast, and I was so far gone CNS wise, that a 2 week cruise barely brought it back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Quick question for people: if overheard exercises are limited, what would you do for back width? Is the distinction of width/thickness particularly significant?
(05-29-2017, 01:31 AM)Sermolupi Wrote: Quick question for people: if overheard exercises are limited, what would you do for back width? Is the distinction of width/thickness particularly significant?

That would depend upon what your back looks like. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Brick 
(05-29-2017, 11:03 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That would depend upon what your back looks like. Smile

-S

It looks like this

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hey Dr. Scott, where in your opinion would be the best Set Style to use In Place Lunges? Pump or MR Sets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05-30-2017, 12:41 AM)StrongAsABull619 Wrote: Hey Dr. Scott, where in your opinion would be the best Set Style to use In Place Lunges? Pump or MR Sets?

I'm emphatically not Dr Scott but I've done lunges on the hammer machine and on a smith for thigh loading and thigh MR sets (doing this alternate legs is brutal and real gasser). I seem to recall Scott advised against them for pump sets but I could be totally wrong.
(05-30-2017, 12:33 AM)Sermolupi Wrote: It looks like this

I'd try cross-cable pulldowns, (kneeling / seated in a cross-cable with arms out at 45˚ at the start), assuming you can do these.

-S
-Scott

(05-30-2017, 12:41 AM)StrongAsABull619 Wrote: Hey Dr. Scott, where in your opinion would be the best Set Style to use In Place Lunges? Pump or MR Sets?

I'm assuming there's some reason for asking this that you're not mentioning (possibly related to exercise selection specific to you), but doing unilateral exercises for pump sets potentially creates a rest period conundrum.

-S
-Scott

(05-30-2017, 11:40 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I'm assuming there's some reason for asking this that you're not mentioning (possibly related to exercise selection specific to you), but doing unilateral exercises for pump sets potentially creates a rest period conundrum.

-S

Kinda what I was thinking. Tried them today as MR and they are KILLER! :-)