Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-13-2017, 04:42 PM)thethinker48 Wrote: Pressing it slower for some of us actually helps us push bigger weights. Fast explosive pressing tires me out faster for some reason.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Slower pressing also helps in those who can't coordinate the contraction in such that the pec musculature is overwhelmingly the prime mover (and weak link when it comes to fatigue / the failure point at the end of the set).

Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Will give this a bash on my next loading day!
I've been focusing on slower pressing and trying to focus on contracting the pecks more.

I've had to drop significant weight a few lifts it's amazing how much more sore I get. Mentally it's hard to get past the weight dropped, but if it means more growth [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For Day 4 of Tier 2 Turbo... I can choose to do pump or MR sets?
(08-24-2017, 06:52 AM)732mikee Wrote: For Day 4 of Tier 2 Turbo... I can choose to do pump or MR sets?

You can train however you like, of course, but if you start doing pump sets where others are doing MR's and call it Day 4, Tier II, you'd be doing something different.

[You can run 20mi and call it a marathon, but most folks wouldn't call it a marathon.]

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I have a question for you Scott. If this is covered somewhere in you're book please let me know.

My question is- on Tier II loading sets, when it reads 2 sets for chest should I be doing one compound movement set and one isolation movement for those two sets (for example one set incline press, one set flies) or two of the same compound movement (for example two sets incline press)?

Shoulders I'm wondering the same. For example one set OH press, one set seated DB lateral raises or just two sets of presses?

On second blast right now and loving the program man! Hopefully by the end of this one I have everything figure out but I feel like the program has endless possibilities! Thanks Scott!
(08-24-2017, 11:39 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You can train however you like, of course, but if you start doing pump sets where others are doing MR's and call it Day 4, Tier II, you'd be doing something different.

[You can run 20mi and call it a marathon, but most folks wouldn't call it a marathon.]

-S
Yup of course... but I'm asking because on the overview sheets, it says MR's or Pump. This is my first time trying turbo so just want to do it properly. Thanks Scott.

Overview screenshot
(08-24-2017, 11:00 PM)732mikee Wrote: Yup of course... but I'm asking because on the overview sheets, it says MR's or Pump. This is my first time trying turbo so just want to do it properly. Thanks Scott.

Overview screenshot

Where it says "P" you do Pump sets (e.g. 1 x P means do one Pump set).

Where is says, "MR" you do Muscle Rounds.

For Tier I (and Tier II in the family man plan), you'll see that there are some pump sets in there.

Where is says, "MR's or Pump" is just to designate in that block of text what you might do (as opposed to loading sets). However, it's laid out specifically ( with "P" or "MR") what you'd actually do depending on Tier and Version.

-S
-Scott

(08-24-2017, 11:47 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Where it says "P" you do Pump sets (e.g. 1 x P means do one Pump set).

Where is says, "MR" you do Muscle Rounds.

For Tier I (and Tier II in the family man plan), you'll see that there are some pump sets in there.

Where is says, "MR's or Pump" is just to designate in that block of text what you might do (as opposed to loading sets). However, it's laid out specifically ( with "P" or "MR") what you'd actually do depending on Tier and Version.

-S

Got it! Thanks Scott.

Never mind my post above Scott I found the answer to my question in post #6 of this thread. I've read through this thread once and didn't remember seeing it and started reading again and there it was!