Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Tier II - Day 2
Hello,
I have a question regarding the supersets in Basic Tier II - Day 2. Should I be doing a superset of the three exercises (thigh, quad or ham, and calf) one after another, and then wait 1 minute, and then do another superset of (thigh, quad or ham)? Looking at the number of sets in the template, calves only have 1 set while the other muscle groups have two each? My interpretation is based on the superset example on page 93 of the ebook.

Thank you,
Glen
(05-13-2018, 01:39 PM)gdlabo Wrote: Hello,
I have a question regarding the supersets in Basic Tier II - Day 2. Should I be doing a superset of the three exercises (thigh, quad or ham, and calf) one after another, and then wait 1 minute, and then do another superset of (thigh, quad or ham)? Looking at the number of sets in the template, calves only have 1 set while the other muscle groups have two each? My interpretation is based on the superset example on page 93 of the ebook.

Thank you,
Glen

Glen,

Your total sets for thighs are 2, then one each for quad, hams and calves, with no rest interval, so it's one straight superset, as written there. This could be Thighs, quads, thighs, hams, calves, for example. (Check the note at the bottom of the overview sheet. Smile )

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(05-13-2018, 05:35 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Glen,

Your total sets for thighs are 2, then one each for quad, hams and calves, with no rest interval, so it's one straight superset, as written there. This could be Thighs, quads, thighs, hams, calves, for example. (Check the note at the bottom of the overview sheet. Smile )

-Scott

Thank you for the clarification. Next time it will be five exercises in a row with no rest.

Thank you,
Glen
(05-13-2018, 05:35 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Glen,

-Scott

I think I may be reading the above wrong, but want some clarification if you could please Scott.

Looking at page 93 of the FT book it gives an example of a pump set for legs. A thigh, quad, calve giant superset, 1:00min rest, and then a thigh, ham, calve giant super set.

But I keep reading the above as thigh, quad, thigh, ham, calve giant superset with no rest. Is this a modification? revision? mistype? It sounds fucking awful (and awesome) to be honest, as the way I currently (the first example above) leaves me grasping for life.

Thanks for the clarification!
(05-23-2018, 04:40 AM)Altamir Wrote: I think I may be reading the above wrong, but want some clarification if you could please Scott.

Looking at page 93 of the FT book it gives an example of a pump set for legs. A thigh, quad, calve giant superset, 1:00min rest, and then a thigh, ham, calve giant super set.

But I keep reading the above as thigh, quad, thigh, ham, calve giant superset with no rest. Is this a modification? revision? mistype? It sounds fucking awful (and awesome) to be honest, as the way I currently (the first example above) leaves me grasping for life.

Thanks for the clarification!

The OP was asking about Tier II (two).

The example in the book on page 93 is for Tier III (three).

Smile

(You can see for Tier II Day 2 Pump sets in the column where the Rest interval is, there is a "-" meaning no rest, whereas for Tier III, there is "1:00" meaning you'd have that amount of rest between the two supersets.)

For Tier II, you could split it up into a superset for thighs only and then just a single pump set for calves, if you wanted. This would put the stretches in closer temporal proximity to the sets for the given muscle groups (e.g., you'd not be stretching calves after you've' done several minutes of Thigh stretching after the set for calves)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Well hot damn I've been doing it wrong this entire time. Thank you Scott. Looking over it now, it seems fairly obvious! I've been doing thigh, ham, calve, -1:00 rest- thigh, quad for the longest time. This, I believe, is going to be an EXTREMELY rude awakening. My biggest regret now is that It'll be at least another week and a half before moving onto tier 2 for legs. I wanna try it now Wink Thanks again and I'm glad I asked.
Ok I'm confused on this because I've always done them in 2 supersets with 1 minute rest, it actually says to do 2 supersets with 1 minute rest in the Virgin Voyage on basic tier 2.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(05-24-2018, 01:37 PM)flairsjobber Wrote: Ok I'm confused on this because I've always done them in 2 supersets with 1 minute rest, it actually says to do 2 supersets with 1 minute rest in the Virgin Voyage on basic tier 2.

That's an inconsistency but don't be confused.

(It was a monstrous PITA to make that Virgin Voyage program in the way I did and that was something I simply didn't change in the Filemaker Pro database when building up the templates I used to make the program. This is why I've not made any more of those Daily Trainers b/c an Overview sheet is much easier to follow and 10000000x easier to create. And the Daily Trainer robs the individual of auto regulation of exercise selection in a way that I'm less less in favor of, the more FT has been around.)

So, please do go with the Overview sheets as the default, but also read the below. Smile

Let's not miss the forest from the trees here. The point is to create metabolic stress in the muscles trained and couple the sets together (superset), for the sake of this, as well as time.

If you do all the sets right in a row or do two supersets, in this one particular instance, either way is going to get the job done.

(FWIW, I personally prefer to separate out the calve pump sets if doing two of them, training calves separately from thighs - with 1:00 rest in between).

[[[The is what I intimated in my last post, as well: "For Tier II, you could split it up into a superset for thighs only and then just a single pump set for calves, if you wanted. This would put the stretches in closer temporal proximity to the sets for the given muscle groups (e.g., you'd not be stretching calves after you've' done several minutes of Thigh stretching after the set for calves)"]]]

Some days, in some situations, you may have not choice but to do it differently.

So, flairjobber, I apologize for the inconsistency between the VV and the Overview sheets. Hopefully your confusion has been alleviated. Smile Smile Smile

-Scott

-Scott

(05-25-2018, 02:37 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Let's not miss the forest from the trees here. The point is to create metabolic stress in the muscles trained and couple the sets together (superset), for the sake of this, as well as time.

If you do all the sets right in a row or do two supersets, in this one particular instance, either way is going to get the job done.

This was more or less my feeling. I've been doing this "incorrectly" for 3 year now, yet never hobbled away from a lower pump session thinking some badass work and roads to growth didn't happen. Smile
So, flairjobber, I apologize for the inconsistency between the VV and the Overview sheets. Hopefully your confusion has been alleviated. [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

This is actually pretty cool finding out a different way of doing things. The last 3 years of doing it the wrong way has worked out greatly, I cant wait to get off vacation and start a new blast and kill it with the "new" way for pump sets. Your still the man Scott!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk