Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return to FT after viral/bacterial sickness
Hello Scott (and maybe others)

looks my viral/bacterial sickness (doctors were not sure what was the cause) is finally going away so

I will be heading again to the gym on Saturday morning 41 after 14 days of completely detraining.

before that I have almost completed yet another FT cycle - had to skip last MRs at the end of the cycle.
it was a mix of Tier 3 (LS and PS) - and MR I have to skip (was planning Tier 2)

during last 12 days I had a high fever, muscle pains and CRP at 47,21 (norm till 5) and was very weak.

I am not sure where to start
I was planing Tier 1 and start new cycle (LS and PM) on Saturday and Sunday (I always use Turbo version but auto regulate MR on lower parts)

since my strength finally is coming back I could try usual weight and try to beat the log but ...

maybe it is not a good idea and it will be w good time to clear my technique and start e.g. -15% from previous records ...

thank you in advance for any help
(05-25-2018, 12:38 AM)zmt Wrote: Hello Scott (and maybe others)

looks my viral/bacterial sickness (doctors were not sure what was the cause) is finally going away so

I will be heading again to the gym on Saturday morning 41 after 14 days of completely detraining.

before that I have almost completed yet another FT cycle - had to skip last MRs at the end of the cycle.
it was a mix of Tier 3 (LS and PS) - and MR I have to skip (was planning Tier 2)

during last 12 days I had a high fever, muscle pains and CRP at 47,21 (norm till 5) and was very weak.

I am not sure where to start
I was planing Tier 1 and start new cycle (LS and PM) on Saturday and Sunday (I always use Turbo version but auto regulate MR on lower parts)

since my strength finally is coming back I could try usual weight and try to beat the log but ...

maybe it is not a good idea and it will be w good time to clear my technique and start e.g. -15% from previous records ...

thank you in advance for any help

If I were you, I'd just start of with at least a couple full body workout, to get back into the swing of things. No log book or attempt to break any PR's. This is will tell you where your strength levels are, as well as recovery and get past some of the initial DOMS that might be overly crippling if you were to jump right in pushing your limits.

This will still provide an adaptive stimulus and be a nice way to set up for more full force training in a few days. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott

maybe it will be a good time for MR days for a few nearest workouts with lighter (a bit) weight and longer last set (more reps) - to failure

do you think it's a good idea ?