2 x Thighs / 1 x Quads / 1 x Hams / 1 x Adductors / 4 x Calfs

So should this be done like this?
Thighs
Quads (to failure)
Thighs (to failure)
hams (to failure)
adducts (3 failure points)
calfs (?)

This would be zigzagging the compounds and isolate movements right? Like Thighs I would use compounds movements like leg press or squats and on quads and hams an isolate exersize.

On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines. Does this mean that we have to do
1 MR Thighs then
1 MR Quads then
1 MR Hams then
1 MR Thighs?

Making it 2 MR Sets in total for thighs?

(07-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Junior V Wrote: So on Day 1 Tier II

Load sets
2 x Thighs / 1 x Quads / 1 x Hams / 1 x Adductors / 4 x Calfs

So should this be done like this?
Thighs
Quads (to failure)
Thighs (to failure)
hams (to failure)
adducts (3 failure points)
calfs (?)

adducts should be 2 failure points at tier 2. You are doing a rest pause set. so set to failure, rest 15 breaths, another set to failure at the same weight. Calves should be 4 sets, 1 failure point on the last set.

(07-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Junior V Wrote: This would be zigzagging the compounds and isolate movements right? Like Thighs I would use compounds movements like leg press or squats and on quads and hams an isolate exersize.

Yes

(07-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Junior V Wrote: On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines. Does this mean that we have to do
1 MR Thighs then
1 MR Quads then
1 MR Hams then
1 MR Thighs?

Making it 2 MR Sets in total for thighs?

2 MR sets total for thighs. Typically done Thigh / Thigh / Quads / Ham. or Thigh / Thigh / Hams / Quads. But you can structure this (and to some degree the loading sets above) however you like. So if you want to bring up your hamstrings, you could do Ham / Thigh / Thigh / Quad. etc.

Hope this helps!
Junior V,

Perfect answer from Altamir (thanks, Bud!).

You'll stop and stretch (your choice) after you've zig-zagged through your Thigh lifts... before doing Adductors. And, you'd stretch adductors, too before training calves.

So:
Compound and isolations zig-zagged sets for Thighs.
---Stretch---
Adductors
---Stretch---
Calves

(You'd not zig-zag calf exercises in most cases. I just don't see a need here and it would be the most impractical zig-zagging, probably, as some gyms are so poorly equipped for calf training. )

TIP: Set up your exercise rotations so you can stay not he same machine for calves that you just used for Thighs, if at all possible, e.g., a leg press. So one day, you might finish with Thighs, stretch, then hit adductors. Keep the leg press loaded with a warm-up weight for calves so you can go right over to it.

I'd typically do this;

Thigh Loading Sets (using leg press, as the example)
<Strip LP down to 3-plates / side - warm up set weight and do an easy warm-up.>
Stretch quads and hams
<Add weight and do another warm-up for Calves>
Do adductor RP set and stretch immediately afterwards
Maybe one more calf warm-up set if needed and then start Loading sets.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi, thanks for the replies both of you.
The stretching I always do after finishing each muscle group as I understand Its an important principle of FT Training but I only ever do normal stretches, I dont do occlusion or extreme.

So if the MR aren't done in a superset fashion how come some muscle groups are grouped up the box?
Like I asked here: "On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines."

And on the load sets of day 2 TIER 2
Back is 3 sets, do we also have to do in a zigzag fashon of compound and isolate hare?
Or can we do 3 sets 3 different exercises with 1 failure point?

Chest same its 2 sets so does 1 have to be compound and another isolate?

Im used to TIER 1 where there is mainly 1 set for most things.
(07-31-2018, 11:36 PM)Junior V Wrote: Hi, thanks for the replies both of you.
The stretching I always do after finishing each muscle group as I understand Its an important principle of FT Training but I only ever do normal stretches, I dont do occlusion or extreme.

So if the MR aren't done in a superset fashion how come some muscle groups are grouped up the box?
Like I asked here: "On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines."

And on the load sets of day 2 TIER 2
Back is 3 sets, do we also have to do in a zigzag fashon of compound and isolate hare?

I see what you’re saying with that box on the overview sheets for the MR days. It doesn’t mean anything with regards to how the workout is performed, you can pretend it’s not even there. No supersetting on MR days.

Tier 2 back loading sets: 3 sets of two exercises, zig-zagged. You can choose either your width or thickness exercise to do 2 sets on, then one set of the other. Only one set to failure of the exercise you do two sets of. Compound/isolation doesn’t apply to back lifts. Ex. Bent over row, short of failure -> pull up to failure -> bent over row to failure.

Tier 2 chest loading sets: you are correct, on set is of a compound and one set is of an isolation.
I am guessing Scott set that up for formating reasons and ease of reading? Just do the MR days as written in the book and you'll be good to go.

For the zig-zagging, read page 88 again. Maps it out pretty well.
[quote='Junior V' pid='18968' dateline='1533044192']
Hi, thanks for the replies both of you.

Like I asked here: "On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines."[quote]

Simply to aid in clarity of reading, to some degree. There is the option (this has been covered here on the forum) to do the MR's / train the muscles for the exercises that are grouped in a whatever order you see fit. For instance on Day 3 Basic Tier II, you could do a quad MR, then a Ham MR and then (after pre-fatigued) do the thigh MR(s), or change the order as you see fit, but you'd typically not jump around all over the training for the muscle groups on the day (i.e., interject calves between MR's for the thigh musculuature).

On Day 4, you could (and I do this often) do a Back MR, a chest MR, a delt MR, etc. (which are all grouped together in a box) until your'e done with the MR's for the Tier your'e using, but you'd not do a triceps MR before finishing training those other muscle groups, as that could create weak link on pressing (delts and chest) and even some back movements where the triceps long head is involved a good bit. (If you've ever done that, it doesn't quite feel right training back when the triceps are jacked).

There's not other reason I can imagine why someone one would interpret those boxes to mean that MR's are super-setted, especially if you read through the descriptions of doing MRs in the book. That's a good question in that it would be big aspect of doing them, and would have been grossly missing from how MR's are described in the book. If you look at the "Rest" subsection on doing MR's in the book it reads:

"Rest: Rest between Muscle Rounds should be enough to prepare for the next MR. Generally, if you’re doing a MR every 10 minutes, you’ve moving at a decent pace. (A faster pace for smaller muscle groups, and slower pace for larger muscle groups makes sense.)"

[quote]And on the load sets of day 2 TIER 2

[/quote]

I think if you re-read the section on MR's on page 94, it will all become much clearer. Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I have to re-read it, I've read it a couple of times, but everytime you re-read you do learn something new.
I've missplaced the EBOOK, where can I re download it?
(08-10-2018, 10:12 PM)Junior V Wrote: I have to re-read it, I've read it a couple of times, but everytime you re-read you do learn something new.
I've missplaced the EBOOK, where can I re download it?

The link is in your purchase email.

-S
-Scott

(08-10-2018, 10:20 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: The link is in your purchase email.

-S

I bought it over 2 years ago that email is long gone Angel