Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FT for older? - kind of 'For every bodybuilder post 34 years of age'
to quote Dante from post Smile
https://www.intensemuscle.com/forum/main...ars-of-age

Scott - have found not much information except to increase warm-up
but

Do you have any special recommendations for older like you and me (I think you are 47 me 46) similar to Dante's ?

maybe also move rep ranges up for LS and MP (6x5 in place of 6x4) ??

sorry if it been asked before
and as usual
thank you for your time Smile

(10-25-2018, 05:46 PM)zmt Wrote: to quote Dante from post Smile
https://www.intensemuscle.com/forum/main...ars-of-age

Scott - have found not much information except to increase warm-up
but

Do you have any special recommendations for older like you and me (I think you are 47 me 46) similar to Dante's ?

maybe also move rep ranges up for LS and MP (6x5 in place of 6x4) ??

sorry if it been asked before
and as usual
thank you for your time Smile

Hey Bud!

Good question. Actually, the whole of FT was built around training for the older bodybuilder, TBH.

• Loading set ranges can be set higher as you mentioned. (There's nothing "magical" per se, that I know of, as far as the sets of 4 reps of the Muscle round, so you could go lighter with a sets of 5 configuration, but this might not make much different really.)

• The stretching auto-regulation is something that I think is helpful (and the way I suggest folks stretch - in an intuitive way - helps, too.)

• PICKING EXERCISES on the fly to avoid aches n' pains, is super helpful.

• The Daily Undulating Periodization that includes pump sets (varied much more than Widowmakers and easier on the CNS) is helpful, too.

Essentially, care is taken to avoid super heavy loading if this is needed (no sets of 6 reps to failure, for instance), and one auto-regulates and perform sets to avoid exacerbating nagging, repetitive use, "niggle"-type exercises and be kind to the nervous system (continuous repetitions, avoiding Widowmaker-style CNS crushing sets in favor of relatively more muscular vs. CNS stress).

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
as usual Scott - pure gold Smile

slowly moving up rep ranges could also shift main focus more to metabolic stress then pure mechanical - since we (at our age) are not getting (much) stronger with every year (but still trying to - also ones strength limits due to years of lifting ...)

does it make sense ?
(10-26-2018, 06:31 PM)zmt Wrote: as usual Scott - pure gold Smile

slowly moving up rep ranges could also shift main focus more to metabolic stress then pure mechanical - since we (at our age) are not getting (much) stronger with every year (but still trying to - also ones strength limits due to years of lifting ...)

does it make sense ?

Yes, exactly. Plus, if one's put in the work in decades past, the loads are already very high, and really already probably much more than what our skeletal systems have been engineered by evolution to handle (in the way we expose them repeatedly), so going "lighter" or not going heavier makes sense from a longevity standpoint. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
brilliant Scott Smile

thank you again ! Smile
(10-29-2018, 06:47 PM)zmt Wrote: brilliant Scott Smile

thank you again ! Smile

Sure!

-S
-Scott