Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress
I started FT over a year back after years of grinding the old bro split.

I switched up my nutrition a bit as well with Scott's ideas of carbs mainly coming in the post workout meals and none before training or off days.

Pics are almost exactly a year apart.

Up 5lbs from the first pic (Nov 2017) and I think I'm leaner? [emoji23][Image: 2230041cdf652404ca5881a233847551.jpg][Image: 63bf8a178a9c8b2c8c6666060bd2ba21.jpg]
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to Montego for this post:
  • Altamir, apmulapmu, CompoundLifts31, croupier, d2r2ddd, Kag94, Kait_Dee, medicamp, Scott Stevenson, Spud, Stewilliams
OMG, you completely changed your body!
Nice work, Montego!!!

Yes, even though the pics are a bit different (new phone / camera maybe and distance /lighting), you're definitely leaner!!! Smile I'd say if your'e just 3-5lb leaner body fat wise you might be up about 8-10lb muscle, maybe?...

How much have your lifts progressed?...

NICE WORK and thanks for posting!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Looking insane dude.
(11-10-2018, 11:23 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Nice work, Montego!!!

Yes, even though the pics are a bit different (new phone / camera maybe and distance /lighting), you're definitely leaner!!! Smile I'd say if your'e just 3-5lb leaner body fat wise you might be up about 8-10lb muscle, maybe?...

How much have your lifts progressed?...

NICE WORK and thanks for posting!

-S
Lifts went through the roof.

Top pic was 220. Bottom pic 225.
(11-15-2018, 11:22 AM)Montego Wrote: Lifts went through the roof.

Top pic was 220. Bottom pic 225.

Can you toss out some examples of how much the lifts when up, e.g, loading sets?

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-16-2018, 12:27 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Can you toss out some examples of how much the lifts when up, e.g, loading sets?

-S
I trained a bro split for a long time with no progress. I also didn't log everything back then so these are guesses on some key lifts.

My averages were -
Flat bench 275*6 225*12
Safety Bar squat - 365*8 315*12
Bent over Bb row - 245*12
Rack Pull - 405*12 495*6

On those exercises alone my last loading pr on each was

Flat bench - 315*10
Safety Bar squat - 495*9
Bent over row - 335*8
Rack Pull - 585*8
(11-16-2018, 01:27 AM)Montego Wrote: I trained a bro split for a long time with no progress. I also didn't log everything back then so these are guesses on some key lifts.

My averages were -
Flat bench 275*6 225*12
Safety Bar squat - 365*8 315*12
Bent over Bb row - 245*12
Rack Pull - 405*12 495*6

On those exercises alone my last loading pr on each was

Flat bench - 315*10
Safety Bar squat - 495*9
Bent over row - 335*8
Rack Pull - 585*8

NICE!!! I literally said, "Oh, Fuck..." while laughing when I read that. Thanks for posting, man. Smile

-S
-Scott

(11-17-2018, 01:10 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: NICE!!! I literally said, "Oh, Fuck..." while laughing when I read that. Thanks for posting, man. Smile

-S
Lol thanks! About the best compliment I could imagine is someone saying "oh fuck" at that progression.

Now I don't want to take anything away from the training, and I know you wouldn't take it as such but, just focusing on the log book was imo the biggest factor. Trying to beat pr's drives you each session and you find out very quickly, you're stronger then you think you just have to dig it up.

Adjusting rest and rep ranges as well as volume... Well pretty much how the entire program is set up worked perfectly lol.

Direct correlation with strength and size as well. My legs grew more then anything and, they went up the most in strength. I had posted a few months back about frequency and work and took your advice on pulling out the pump sessions and it worked like a charm.

Thank you Dr Scott!
(11-17-2018, 06:50 AM)Montego Wrote: Lol thanks! About the best compliment I could imagine is someone saying "oh fuck" at that progression.

LOL! It's really cool to see that kind of progress happen (in someone you know, a client or personally), so there's a visceral sense to that that means to get that much stronger. Smile

Quote:Now I don't want to take anything away from the training, and I know you wouldn't take it as such but, just focusing on the log book was imo the biggest factor. Trying to beat pr's drives you each session and you find out very quickly, you're stronger then you think you just have to dig it up.

Absolutely! You can switch up all of the other things- angles, exercises, etc., but if there's not a progressive increase in performance then it's quite unlikely that the muscle will be any larger.

Quote:Adjusting rest and rep ranges as well as volume... Well pretty much how the entire program is set up worked perfectly lol.

And this ensure the the other end of the equation - recovery - is in place. Smile

Quote:Direct correlation with strength and size as well. My legs grew more then anything and, they went up the most in strength. I had posted a few months back about frequency and work and took your advice on pulling out the pump sessions and it worked like a charm.

Thank you Dr Scott!

You're welcome, man!

Ah, yes, I had to look it up: So, you used the strategy in this thread?

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...l#pid17316

-S
-Scott