Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you change Loading Sets
Hey all!!
Just curious to know if/how often people change their loading sets groupings ?
I'm onto my 3rd blast Monday and i'm still progressing on the groupings i have done since blast 1. Do you change each blast or never at all ?

TY Tye.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tye_89 for this post:
  • Altamir
(01-05-2019, 06:04 AM)tye_89 Wrote: Hey all!!
Just curious to know if/how often people change their loading sets groupings ?
I'm onto my 3rd blast Monday and i'm still progressing on the groupings i have done since blast 1. Do you change each blast or never at all ?

TY Tye.

In a perfect world, you'd never change loading sets. You would just progress endlessly on your go to lifts and just grow linearly and be outrageously strong and huge Wink

I would not change loading lifts each blast. Only if you are stalling/failing to progress, or unless maybe you find a lift you are connecting with better. I have some lifts I have kept almost my entire FT run. I've changed range or motion, tempo, or order of sequence, but more or less just tried to grind out lifts year after year.

I will admit there are some loading lifts I swap out more often. Shoulder lifts I'm a bit more picky about, and tend to go what feels good for a few blasts, and then find a different lift I am connecting with. Probably having to do more with my long standing shoulder injury than anything.

More or less, if it is not broke, do not try and fix it. Push forward with the lifts you have until you cannot anymore. Either swap them out or re-order them (going from say bench first, flies second, to flies first, bench second). And keep in mind to revisit them when your new loading lift stalls and see if you can build on your old PRs. Smile
(01-05-2019, 06:29 PM)Altamir Wrote: In a perfect world, you'd never change loading sets. You would just progress endlessly on your go to lifts and just grow linearly and be outrageously strong and huge Wink

I would not change loading lifts each blast. Only if you are stalling/failing to progress, or unless maybe you find a lift you are connecting with better. I have some lifts I have kept almost my entire FT run. I've changed range or motion, tempo, or order of sequence, but more or less just tried to grind out lifts year after year.

I will admit there are some loading lifts I swap out more often. Shoulder lifts I'm a bit more picky about, and tend to go what feels good for a few blasts, and then find a different lift I am connecting with. Probably having to do more with my long standing shoulder injury than anything.

More or less, if it is not broke, do not try and fix it. Push forward with the lifts you have until you cannot anymore. Either swap them out or re-order them (going from say bench first, flies second, to flies first, bench second). And keep in mind to revisit them when your new loading lift stalls and see if you can build on your old PRs. Smile

Perfect!! Thanks Altamir! My reasoning was for the flow of two loading exercises that don't feel quite right so thank you. I will just redo them two and keep pushing forward on all others that i am still progressing on.
its so confusing. I bought the ebook today and still trying to figure it out.
before you get to the main sets...do you do warm up with lighter sets ??? im so lost.

thanks
(01-29-2019, 04:13 PM)OLYMPIAN Wrote: its so confusing. I bought the ebook today and still trying to figure it out.
before you get to the main sets...do you do warm up with lighter sets ??? im so lost.

thanks

Absolutely you warm up with lighter sets. Book is only showing "working sets". How you warm up is a personal preference, but there are quite a few threads on the board already about it if you have further questions. Should be able to find them pretty easily with the search function. Smile
(01-29-2019, 04:13 PM)OLYMPIAN Wrote: its so confusing. I bought the ebook today and still trying to figure it out.

thanks

Altamir has give you some good input here.

The fact that you just picked up the book probably explains much of your confusion. (How could you not be confused when you had no info. to go by aside from the Overview sheets, which don't explain any of the details of FT?...)

My first impression here is that if you're asking whether one should warm-up, that you probably are just starting out with training and would be better served (and could make great progress) on a simpler program. You're going to have a hard time autoregulating if you're at the experience level where I suspect you are.

Still, though - there are plenty of answers here that you can find with a simple search. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(01-29-2019, 09:52 PM)Altamir Wrote: Absolutely you warm up with lighter sets. Book is only showing "working sets". How you warm up is a personal preference, but there are quite a few threads on the board already about it if you have further questions. Should be able to find them pretty easily with the search function. Smile

(01-30-2019, 04:03 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Altamir has give you some good input here.

The fact that you just picked up the book probably explains much of your confusion. (How could you not be confused when you had no info. to go by aside from the Overview sheets, which don't explain any of the details of FT?...)

My first impression here is that if you're asking whether one should warm-up, that you probably are just starting out with training and would be better served (and could make great progress) on a simpler program. You're going to have a hard time autoregulating if you're at the experience level where I suspect you are.

Still, though - there are plenty of answers here that you can find with a simple search. Smile

-S

thanks man.....ive used the search function...but cant find a good thread about exercises selection for each type of set.

(02-03-2019, 02:59 AM)OLYMPIAN Wrote: thanks man.....ive used the search function...but cant find a good thread about exercises selection for each type of set.

Check your purchase email for how to get a full subscription to this site. Smile Smile Smile (It comes free with purchase. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.