Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress
(11-18-2018, 12:06 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: LOL! It's really cool to see that kind of progress happen (in someone you know, a client or personally), so there's a visceral sense to that that means to get that much stronger. Smile

Absolutely! You can switch up all of the other things- angles, exercises, etc., but if there's not a progressive increase in performance then it's quite unlikely that the muscle will be any larger.

And this ensure the the other end of the equation - recovery - is in place. Smile

You're welcome, man!

Ah, yes, I had to look it up: So, you used the strategy in this thread?

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/thread...l#pid17316

-S
Yes I did!

But, the same week I posted the thread, I tore my Sartorius from a cramp in my sleep. I woke up with my leg locked up and it was one you just can't get out. Finally straightened out my leg and instantly had soreness.

I Brushed it off at first since I've had pain linger from cramps before but it just got worse and worse. Couple days later it was bruised and I went to the Dr who confirmed a partial tear.

First pic is hours after, the leg on the left is the one with the injury.

After I recovered in April I stuck to the suggestion you made and got back to where I was in the picture originally posted. [Image: c9c2ee136ef6a59e22e7be908798ac33.jpg][Image: 57ab3f7933f83a79960efb0a5a670fbe.jpg][Image: c1087d13df8ba26aeae6dd1f405fb50a.jpg]
(11-18-2018, 09:39 AM)Montego Wrote: Yes I did!

But, the same week I posted the thread, I tore my Sartorius from a cramp in my sleep. I woke up with my leg locked up and it was one you just can't get out. Finally straightened out my leg and instantly had soreness.

I Brushed it off at first since I've had pain linger from cramps before but it just got worse and worse. Couple days later it was bruised and I went to the Dr who confirmed a partial tear.

First pic is hours after, the leg on the left is the one with the injury.

After I recovered in April I stuck to the suggestion you made and got back to where I was in the picture originally posted. [Image: c9c2ee136ef6a59e22e7be908798ac33.jpg][Image: 57ab3f7933f83a79960efb0a5a670fbe.jpg][Image: c1087d13df8ba26aeae6dd1f405fb50a.jpg]

WOW!!! Sorry to hear about the cramp injury.. Did you abruptly force the leg to straighten at any point or it was just cramped for a long time.

Man, I'm glad you posted that. I get sartorius cramps regularly after leg training - I simply need to add some salt to my diet on those days, especially post training and the issue's solved, but I know those cramps, for sure.

[It's not really noticeable in your pics, as it looks like your right leg is a bit larger than the left anyway.]

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-18-2018, 11:27 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: WOW!!! Sorry to hear about the cramp injury.. Did you abruptly force the leg to straighten at any point or it was just cramped for a long time.

Man, I'm glad you posted that. I get sartorius cramps regularly after leg training - I simply need to add some salt to my diet on those days, especially post training and the issue's solved, but I know those cramps, for sure.

[It's not really noticeable in your pics, as it looks like your right leg is a bit larger than the left anyway.]

-S

On the inner thigh is the worst part but yeah that was just immediate swelling.

It was a combo of both. I tried for a long time to relax it out, felt like an hour but was probably two minutes, and finally I had to crank it straight.

I was having cramping issues in my sleep for a long time, probably two months?, no matter how much water, sodium electrolytes and so on I would take.

After the injury healed and I started training again they came back, added in 500mg of magnesium before bed and haven't had one since. I guess that's what I was lacking.
(11-19-2018, 09:12 AM)Montego Wrote: On the inner thigh is the worst part but yeah that was just immediate swelling.

It was a combo of both. I tried for a long time to relax it out, felt like an hour but was probably two minutes, and finally I had to crank it straight.

I was having cramping issues in my sleep for a long time, probably two months?, no matter how much water, sodium electrolytes and so on I would take.

After the injury healed and I started training again they came back, added in 500mg of magnesium before bed and haven't had one since. I guess that's what I was lacking.

Ah, bummer... Sad Yes, I recommend a multi-mineral as a cover all bases approach if cramps become an issue (or at least a sea salt sodium source which will provide a small amount of other minerals). I'm guessing this has / had to do with your job being so physical in nature.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(11-20-2018, 01:01 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Ah, bummer... Sad Yes, I recommend a multi-mineral as a cover all bases approach if cramps become an issue (or at least a sea salt sodium source which will provide a small amount of other minerals). I'm guessing this has / had to do with your job being so physical in nature.

-S
I agree.

Done with my prep that didn't pan out due to work scheduling so now we get back growing!

Bumping up to tier 2 for this blast [emoji4]
Wanted to share another update with everyone as a testimony on how well fortitude works.

This comparison is from early 2018 to two days ago.

Weight on the left is 240. Weight on the right is 251. Lighting is different and you can't see my legs but, I think it gets the point across.

Still grinding away on tier 2!

Now I just need to find a coach [emoji23][Image: 742d2d6719cc6af42309086c42b897e4.jpg]
(05-27-2019, 08:17 AM)Montego Wrote: Wanted to share another update with everyone as a testimony on how well fortitude works.

This comparison is from early 2018 to two days ago.

Weight on the left is 240. Weight on the right is 251. Lighting is different and you can't see my legs but, I think it gets the point across.

Still grinding away on tier 2!

Now I just need to find a coach [emoji23][Image: 742d2d6719cc6af42309086c42b897e4.jpg]

HELL YES!!! Nice work, my man!

Yes - you DEFINITELY need a coach!!! LOLOL 4021

-S
-Scott

(05-27-2019, 08:46 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: HELL YES!!! Nice work, my man!

Yes - you DEFINITELY need a coach!!! LOLOL 4021

-S
Lol.

I've learned a ton these last couple years but, I really do think a coach would possibly help. Just gotta be the right guy [emoji6]
(05-27-2019, 10:11 AM)Montego Wrote: Lol.

I've learned a ton these last couple years but, I really do think a coach would possibly help. Just gotta be the right guy [emoji6]

I dunno, man - You look to be doing just fine, really.

(I presume you've got my newest - the BYOBB Coach book?...)

-S
-Scott

(05-27-2019, 09:18 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I dunno, man - You look to be doing just fine, really.

(I presume you've got my newest - the BYOBB Coach book?...)

-S
I haven't picked it up yet no.

I've been meaning to but just haven't pulled the trigger for whatever reason.