Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Squatting to failure
About to start FT tomorrow and doing basic tier one, think I’ll be fine as I’ve been training for a while but didn’t want to over reach - I can always move up if it’s not challenging enough.

Anyway, my thigh exercise for tomorrow is a BB squat, only one set in tier one. Thing is I train alone and it’s supposed to be to failure. I’m assuming that it’s fine to train to ‘one rep left’ and not complete failure?

What experience does everyone else have that trains alone/doesn’t have a spotter?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-17-2019, 05:45 AM)taylordavidrobert Wrote: About to start FT tomorrow and doing basic tier one, think I’ll be fine as I’ve been training for a while but didn’t want to over reach - I can always move up if it’s not challenging enough.

Anyway, my thigh exercise for tomorrow is a BB squat, only one set in tier one. Thing is I train alone and it’s supposed to be to failure. I’m assuming that it’s fine to train to ‘one rep left’ and not complete failure?

What experience does everyone else have that trains alone/doesn’t have a spotter?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would squat in a safety / power rack with the safety bars at the bottom of your ROM so you can safely put the weight down at the end of the set.

Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-17-2019, 11:15 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I would squat in a safety / power rack with the safety bars at the bottom of your ROM so you can safely put the weight down at the end of the set.

Smile

-S

Thanks Scott. It became a moot point today anyway - I went during the day and the racks were taken up for the entire time (damn commercial gym).

I ended up simply hitting the leg press (for a PB) as the compound thigh.