Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tier 1 to Tier 2 - 3 Day routine
Hi folks

I'm 3 weeks into my first blast following the 3 day variation from the book - starting at Tier 1 but feeling ready to move onto Tier 2.

Some of the concepts are still a bit fuzzy, for example zig zagging - If anyone could take a look
at my proposed Tier 2 (3 day) routine and offer any feedback that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and I look forward to participating in the forums

Day 1 - Upper Loading/Lower Pump
————————————————

For loading sets (Back x 3, Chest x 2, Delts x 2) I'm unsure re zig zagging. I understand that zig zags are per muscle group followed by a stretch so for example would it be:

BB Rows x 1 (not to failure)
Weighted Pullups x 1 (Failure)
BB Rows x 1 (Failure)

For Chest & Delts would this be 2 sets of the same exercise (with only one going to failure) - or would the recommendation be 2 separate exercises per bodypart (1 set compound & 1 set isolation) each going to failure?

For the lower pump set am I right in thinking this would be a non stop superset, so for example 15-25 reps each of the following?

Leg Press x 1
Leg Ext x 1
Ham Curl x 1
Calf Raise x 1
Leg Press x 1

Day 2 - Lower Loading/Upper Pump
————————————————-

For Lower loading, am I correct in thinking that Thigh/Quad/Ham are treated as a superset - so for example:

Smith Squat x 1 (not to failure)
Leg Ext x 1 (failure)
SLDL x 1 (failure)
Smith Squat x 1 (failure)

Followed by:

Calfs x 4
Adductor RP 1 x 20-30

Upper pump supersets are straightforward enough, no questions there Smile

Chest/Back x 2
Shoulder/Abs x 2
Bi's/Tri's x 1

Day 3 - MR's
———————

No questions on Muscle Rounds:

Hammer Strength Iso Row x 1
Low Pulley Row x 1
Lat Pulldown x 1
Hammer Strength Decline Press x 1
Pec Deck x 1
Hammer Strenght Shoulder Press x 1
Weighted Dips x 1
Preacher Curl (machine) x 1
Leg Ext x 1
Calf Raise x 1
Abs 1 x Pump
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Brizo for this post:
  • Matnell
Hey Bud!!!

I'll start with just some basic thoughts, which really just point you back to the book.

Pump sets don't need to be just straight sets - look at the description of how to do those there.

Loading Sets have a specified rest interval between them (see the book) and are NOT supersetted technically. You can def. do the loading sets for thighs in the order you have above. (The generic order would be compound --> iso --> compound --> iso, but you can do Compound --> Iso --> Iso --> compound. In your case, you just don't want the SLDL's to be so taxing to you low back as to limit you on the squats you've planned to do after them. This is an individual choice, but ideally you can indeed so the SLDL so that your low back isn't the limiting factor...)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Great thanks for the response Scott - I’ll reread again tonight, particularly with regards to zig zags as I think it’ll take a few reads/attempts before it fully registers [emoji3]

What you’ve said for loading is actually what I’ve been doing up to this point, I just read (or misinterpreted potentially) that leg loading exercises were supersets - glad I can go back to my normal sets, heavy leg presses followed by RDLs or SLDLs are bad enough with the rest!

I’ll stick with Tier 1 for another week until I have the Tier 2 routine nailed down
(08-13-2019, 04:34 AM)Brizo Wrote: Great thanks for the response Scott - I’ll reread again tonight, particularly with regards to zig zags as I think it’ll take a few reads/attempts before it fully registers [emoji3]

What you’ve said for loading is actually what I’ve been doing up to this point, I just read (or misinterpreted potentially) that leg loading exercises were supersets - glad I can go back to my normal sets, heavy leg presses followed by RDLs or SLDLs are bad enough with the rest!

I’ll stick with Tier 1 for another week until I have the Tier 2 routine nailed down

You're welcome!

(Look at the figures, too!)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks again Scott

I’ve reread twice since last posting and things are finally clicking - the Tier 2 plan is now nailed down including rest periods and three exercise options for loading days etc

I would post but it’s in Excel and Tapatalk strips all the formatting out.

Maybe next it’s time to add a journal for some public accountability!
(08-15-2019, 06:27 AM)Brizo Wrote: Thanks again Scott

I’ve reread twice since last posting and things are finally clicking - the Tier 2 plan is now nailed down including rest periods and three exercise options for loading days etc

I would post but it’s in Excel and Tapatalk strips all the formatting out.

Maybe next it’s time to add a journal for some public accountability!

You're welcome!

-S
-Scott

First tier 2 workout done tonight - lower loading/upper pump.

I followed the rest times strictly which really seemed to add a cardio element that I hadn’t noticed before in Tier 1

PB on the leg press (450kg for 11) plus in and out the gym in 40 mins too

Muscle rounds next, should be fun !
Brizo,

If you'd like to document your progress, I'd start a log in that section of the board. Smile

-S
-Scott