Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odd work schedule. Please help with programming
Evening Dr. Scott, ( and everyone else).
So it's been almost 2 years since I first did fortitude and I'm wanting to start back up this week.
1 year ago at work we changed our work shift to what's called a 48/96.
So we work 48 straight hours with 96 straight off.
What would be the best way to program fortitide getting back into it.
Either the 3 day or 4 day, don't matter to me. Just want to get the most of it.
Thanks
(08-10-2020, 11:22 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Evening Dr. Scott, ( and everyone else).
So it's been almost 2 years since I first did fortitude and I'm wanting to start back up this week.
1 year ago at work we changed our work shift to what's called a 48/96.
So we work 48 straight hours with 96 straight off.
What would be the best way to program fortitide getting back into it.
Either the 3 day or 4 day, don't matter to me. Just want to get the most of it.
Thanks

So 2 days of work, 4 days off, then 2 / 4, 2 / 4, etc: A 6 day cycle, essentially?...

Any training facilities available at work?...

Are you at a busy station?... Exhausted the day you get off after having a lot of night calls?...

What time does your shift start / stop?... (E.g., are you getting off in the AM, so you could then go and training immediately?... )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(08-11-2020, 03:53 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: So 2 days of work, 4 days off, then 2 / 4, 2 / 4, etc: A 6 day cycle, essentially?...

Any training facilities available at work?...

Are you at a busy station?... Exhausted the day you get off after having a lot of night calls?...

What time does your shift start / stop?... (E.g., are you getting off in the AM, so you could then go and training immediately?... )

-S

Yes sir. 2 days of work followed by 4 off and repeated.
Have access to some dumbells and a rack with barbell, that's it.
But can be in the middle of a workout and get a call and gotta go. Can obviously finish when back at station, but the starting and stopping and starting again I'm not sure is ideal. Or maybe it just don't matter and I'm over thinking that.
All our stations are pretty busy, but I've trained after work for years now, just my routine.
Our shift is from 7am to 7am 2 days later.

Thanks!
(08-11-2020, 04:02 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Yes sir. 2 days of work followed by 4 off and repeated.
Have access to some dumbells and a rack with barbell, that's it.
But can be in the middle of a workout and get a call and gotta go. Can obviously finish when back at station, but the starting and stopping and starting again I'm not sure is ideal. Or maybe it just don't matter and I'm over thinking that.
All our stations are pretty busy, but I've trained after work for years now, just my routine.
Our shift is from 7am to 7am 2 days later.

Thanks!

Sure, man!

Here's what I would probably try out:

- 2 days off working -

Off Day 1: Day 1 (Loading Lower, Pump Upper)
Off Day 2:
Off Day 3: Day 4 (Upper MR's)
Off Day 4: Day 3 (Lower MR's)

- 2 days off working -

Off Day 1: Day *2* (Loading Upper, Pump Lower)
Off Day 2:
Off Day 3: Day 3 (Lower MR's)
Off Day 4: Day 4 (Upper MR's)

- 2 days off working -

<REPEAT ABOVE>

This will have you doing Two upper and 2 lower sessions in each 4 day Off period. 1 will including loading and MR's for Lower, pump and MR's for Upper, and then you'll flip that around the next 4 days off.

Only issue here could be if you come off shift and are totally whacked b/c of a long night / multiple calls. In that case, you could probably just get home, have a large break fast and nice long nap (hoping you can do that) and then train when you wake up rested. (I put these Loading set Days here b/c you've have just had a couple days "off" from the gym at least, and, the way it's set up, you'll have had THREE days off from training the those muscle groups, so recovery should be good for the Loading set and moving big loads forward in the log book.

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
And this is why you're as bad ass as you are.
I would have never came up with that.
Makes total sense!!
I appreciate your willingness to always respond and help out.
Have a great day!
(08-12-2020, 02:44 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: And this is why you're as bad ass as you are.
I would have never came up with that.
Makes total sense!!
I appreciate your willingness to always respond and help out.
Have a great day!

LOL! Thanks, man! I kind of like that solution, too, to be honest. Not a bad one just in general.

FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING ALONG:

If someone wanted to train EOD (not having Fireguy's work schedule), they could just put a day of rest in between the MR days and spread it out that way, too. (Alternatively, could exactly that, but only use TURBO version which would make every day a full body workout.)

-S

-Scott