Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(08-03-2014, 03:47 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Scott,

I'm about to take a second job...Most the time I can for see being able to make it to the gym 4 times a week, but with new job and family stuffs, if one were to miss a day. Would you continue where you left off last week? Or drop the an MR day and treat the week like the family guy 3 a week?

(08-03-2014, 04:01 AM)dens228 Wrote: If it were me, I'd pick up where I left off...........I think every component of the routine contributes to it's success.....so I wouldn't skip any of the protocol.

If you know you'll be missing a MR day, you can do a combo day, ala the 3 way split I've got in the FAQ.

OTherwise, yes, I'd say just continue on.

One nice thing about this program is that if you miss a day, you've still hit everything directly twice in that week. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott and Dens228,

Thanks guys, and good point if I know ahead of time (I should) about the combo day.
My last few leg workouts I've developed some pain in the outside ligament area of my lower/outside knee cap of my right leg.

Pressing type movements don't seem to aggravate it but extensions do.

So I think I'll have to look into hack squats with my feet lower on the platform, sissy squats, smith hacks, etc to use as a quad exercise.

If that doesn't work is it ok to use another thigh exercise?

Right now I'm using tier II so it's two thigh and on quad exercise.
(08-04-2014, 12:52 AM)dens228 Wrote: My last few leg workouts I've developed some pain in the outside ligament area of my lower/outside knee cap of my right leg.

So I think I'll have to look into hack squats with my feet lower on the platform, sissy squats, smith hacks, etc to use as a quad exercise.

I can't really give you any answer as far as that without having seen you. (I don't even have a diagnosis.)

I personally do the following in cases like this:

1.) Figure out what the issue is and treat it. (I can mostly do this myself, but you'd need to seem a practitioner, possible.)

2.) Work around the area using pain as my guide.

With overuse types of "niggles" (UK term) it's not uncommon if caught early and addressed that you can work around them. I intentionally set up FT with this in mind, b/c I've had to do it a good bit over the years. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Speaking of muscle rounds allowing people to do exercises they couldn't otherwise, add me to the list.

Upright rows usually wreck my shoulders with any decent weight... I did them today for my second shoulder mr and they felt great!
(08-04-2014, 10:41 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: Speaking of muscle rounds allowing people to do exercises they couldn't otherwise, add me to the list.

Upright rows usually wreck my shoulders with any decent weight... I did them today for my second shoulder mr and they felt great!

That is awesome!!!!

-S
-Scott

(08-04-2014, 12:52 AM)dens228 Wrote: My last few leg workouts I've developed some pain in the outside ligament area of my lower/outside knee cap of my right leg.

Extensions have always bothered me, what helps me is....When seated I need to make sure my legs are perfectly strait (witch can really be uncomfortable in the crotch) toes remain straight up on extensions...and I only go light on them these days.
Yes, I may have to use a higher rep range with extensions, going above the 6-12 range.
(08-04-2014, 10:41 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: Speaking of muscle rounds allowing people to do exercises they couldn't otherwise, add me to the list.

I'm finding that my MR days are easily the most satisfying days of FT. I'm able to crank out heavy poundages with absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Thanks for the book scott
Looking into starting it some fortitude soon

So for the 3 day variation we are looking at something to the effect of
2 loading/pump days and one day for total body muscle rounds correct?