Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(09-01-2014, 08:50 AM)liftweights Wrote: Thanks for this Scott, I've lightened up the weight on the pump sets so they are continuous and I don't end the workout in fetal position next to the squat rack.

Up almost 10 pounds already, can't wait to see what another year or two of this will do. This is with over 9 years of training experience so i'm not untrained. - Just young Smile

Hell Yeah!!!

Any pics? This is awesome!!!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott,

Just bought the Book, looks great! I'm starting a 12 week cut with Skip and I'm interested in trying fortitude training. Would this be a good idea while cutting? I'm still eating a lot and not doing too much cardio but over the next 3 months thats def going to change.

or should i wait for my lean bulk in the winter to try you program?

thanks
(09-02-2014, 12:25 PM)Warrior08 Wrote: Scott,

Just bought the Book, looks great! I'm starting a 12 week cut with Skip and I'm interested in trying fortitude training. Would this be a good idea while cutting? I'm still eating a lot and not doing too much cardio but over the next 3 months thats def going to change.

or should i wait for my lean bulk in the winter to try you program?

thanks

Warrior,

I absolutely and complete defer to Ken on that. I'd ask him for sure. (I don't know that he knows much about FT, but I think I sent him the book. I can of course send him a copy if he wants...)

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-01-2014, 09:23 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Hell Yeah!!!

Any pics? This is awesome!!!

-S

Yeah I've got progress pictures, looking to gain another 10 or so and i'll make a thread on it all. Just need to finally push over 230 pounds. I'm only into my second blast on FT so I want to get a few more blasts in before I put anything up. Wink You can count on it though!
I see in some logs guys are doing 2 MR sets with the same exercise. I have a few movements I think this would work well on.

For those that do, about how much% do you reduce the weight? And do you rest, or continue the set?
Hey Scott,

Please re-direct me if I am looking in the wrong part of the forum but I had a couple of questions.

I am about to head into Tier 2 and I am using page 103 in FT as a general guide for how to adjust volume tiers. I noticed that there are two muscle rounds for big muscle groups like thighs and back in Tier 2 as opposed to the single muscle round in tier 1.

Question 1 :Since chest has two muscle rounds in Tier 2, I am assuming that it would not be wise to use two compound movements i.e. Smith incline bench and hammer strength chest press. Do you have any advice on how to choose the second movement for the muscle round? For instance, I would think that I could use smith incline bench for my first chest MR then use a cable fly for the second MR. Let me know if this is along the right path. I suppose the objective is to hit the same muscle group from a different angle?

Question 2: I am having some trouble finding examples of flexibility and occlusion stretches. Are there any video references anywhere for a demonstration on how to do these? I am familiar with the extreme stretches from DC but would love to see some examples of the others.

Question 3: I am having trouble finding some exercises for forearm MRs. I wouldn't start this until Tier 3 but wanted to get some ideas.

Thanks so much
(09-07-2014, 12:04 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I see in some logs guys are doing 2 MR sets with the same exercise. I have a few movements I think this would work well on.

For those that do, about how much% do you reduce the weight? And do you rest, or continue the set?

I don't suggest people do that, personally. Only reason would be if maybe someone is in a total jam time wise and just need / want to get the training volume in for that day.

One vital component of the MR's is variation, for the sake of avoiding irritated structures (niggles / aches n' pains) and as a component of the training stimulus.

I'm not going to even address doing the same exercise for multiple MR's in FT - that's not at all what I would advise.

-S
-Scott

(09-08-2014, 01:15 AM)FTCC28 Wrote: Hey Scott,

Please re-direct me if I am looking in the wrong part of the forum but I had a couple of questions.

I am about to head into Tier 2 and I am using page 103 in FT as a general guide for how to adjust volume tiers. I noticed that there are two muscle rounds for big muscle groups like thighs and back in Tier 2 as opposed to the single muscle round in tier 1.

Question 1 :Since chest has two muscle rounds in Tier 2, I am assuming that it would not be wise to use two compound movements i.e. Smith incline bench and hammer strength chest press. Do you have any advice on how to choose the second movement for the muscle round? For instance, I would think that I could use smith incline bench for my first chest MR then use a cable fly for the second MR. Let me know if this is along the right path. I suppose the objective is to hit the same muscle group from a different angle?

Question 2: I am having some trouble finding examples of flexibility and occlusion stretches. Are there any video references anywhere for a demonstration on how to do these? I am familiar with the extreme stretches from DC but would love to see some examples of the others.

Question 3: I am having trouble finding some exercises for forearm MRs. I wouldn't start this until Tier 3 but wanted to get some ideas.

Thanks so much

FTC,

A couple overarching comments not he brave:

If you aren't able to come up with stretches, i.e., know how to stretch a muscle group, and come up with exercises for the forearms, then my first suspicion would be that you're not experienced enough to do FT. (More below.)

1.) Choose whatever exercises for your MR's that would best target the muscle you want to train, depending on how you feel that day.

That could be two isolation exercises, an iso- and a compound or two compounds. This is your call and the point here is auto-regulation.

This is covered on page 95 ("Order") for the MR description.

2.) For flexibility and occlusion stretches, you just stretch the muscle with a normal / typical stretch (although there are several ways for most muscles). Flexibility stretches are focused in improving flexibility. Occlusion include an active contraction with less focus on increasing ROM.

<You can search the web for how to do stretches>

3.) Forearm exercises selection depends on whether you need / want to increase flexor, extensor and/or brachioradialis size.

So, this program intentionally includes a good deal of decision making that requires you to be in tune with what exercises work (not to mention what exercises can be done) as well as which Stretch Type to use (not to mention how to stretch a given muscle group in the first place.) My concern for you is that if you're not able to come up with exercises and stretches, then the finer points could be lost... Smile

-S
-Scott

I searched the FT training manual for more info on calves and couldn't seem to find much on execution for calf exercises on loading, pump and MR days. If I was doing seated calf raises on loading would that just be 6-12 reps? Pump would be 15-30 and MR would be 6 sets of 4? Is there any kind of DC style rep stretching etc that I am missing?

Thanks
(09-08-2014, 01:25 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I don't suggest people do that, personally. Only reason would be if maybe someone is in a total jam time wise and just need / want to get the training volume in for that day.

One vital component of the MR's is variation, for the sake of avoiding irritated structures (niggles / aches n' pains) and as a component of the training stimulus.

I'm not going to even address doing the same exercise for multiple MR's in FT - that's not at all what I would advise.

-S

Thanks Scott, Since I am very sensitive to over use issues, this makes sense.