Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(09-25-2014, 12:55 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Lol, guess that's all I needed.

OK. Glad I asked!

Seriously, I had almost included a long post about when people just plop down a little info and say, "Thoughts?..."

(Cerberus - don't take this a me picking on you. Not my intention...)

This is very often - not always, but very often - a sign that there has not been enough thought put into the question to warrant a meaningful answer. (You kind of substantiated that b/c there doesn't even seem to be a real question... Just a suggestion for me to start typing... LOL Smile )

You see, I'm a good person to "wind up and let go" b/c I'll provide some very nice "mind candy" in terms of long, complicated, interesting (so I've been told) answers. I could go on and on about bringing up muscle groups, but that info, I link, will fall on deaf ears to a LARGE extent unless there is a pointed question.

Sure, I might end up writing 3000 words and 15 of them are useful, but with a specific set of questions about something that a person has devised and thought through, I could write 300 words and each of them be gems for that person.

The impact of an answer depends upon the import of the question to the person asking it. Provide detailed context and focused topic matter and we've got a great discussion ready to be brewed. When someone just says (in a typical, anonymous online context), for example "What are the best X, Y and Z?..." you can't tell if they have any understanding within which to integrate an answer.

Anyhoo, if you've got some things to get after wrt those muscle groups, I'm totally down. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-25-2014, 06:12 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: OK. Glad I asked!

Seriously, I had almost included a long post about when people just plop down a little info and say, "Thoughts?..."

(Cerberus - don't take this a me picking on you. Not my intention...)

This is very often - not always, but very often - a sign that there has not been enough thought put into the question to warrant a meaningful answer. (You kind of substantiated that b/c there doesn't even seem to be a real question... Just a suggestion for me to start typing... LOL Smile )

You see, I'm a good person to "wind up and let go" b/c I'll provide some very nice "mind candy" in terms of long, complicated, interesting (so I've been told) answers. I could go on and on about bringing up muscle groups, but that info, I link, will fall on deaf ears to a LARGE extent unless there is a pointed question.

Sure, I might end up writing 3000 words and 15 of them are useful, but with a specific set of questions about something that a person has devised and thought through, I could write 300 words and each of them be gems for that person.

The impact of an answer depends upon the import of the question to the person asking it. Provide detailed context and focused topic matter and we've got a great discussion ready to be brewed. When someone just says (in a typical, anonymous online context), for example "What are the best X, Y and Z?..." you can't tell if they have any understanding within which to integrate an answer.

Anyhoo, if you've got some things to get after wrt those muscle groups, I'm totally down. Smile

-S

I assure you, any suggestions wont fall on deaf ears, I was pretty much filtering my ideas...so when I said Thoughts ? And don't get "thats really a dumb idea" I got the reassurance I'm on the right path Smile

The past few days I've just been thinking a lot about how i just jumped in to T3T. Its fun, i was excited. Was making more progress than I've made in a long time....but after thinking, And over thinking) I can't say I wouldn't have made the same progress on T2T. I don't like style hoping I rather let it evolve if there is room. So I've decide to step down to T2T and milk it. With my time constraints I can now progress the stretches more longer, really dig deep on the pumps sets. And move up when progress slows.

(09-25-2014, 07:50 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I assure you, any suggestions wont fall on deaf ears, I was pretty much filtering my ideas...so when I said Thoughts ? And don't get "thats really a dumb idea" I got the reassurance I'm on the right path Smile

The past few days I've just been thinking a lot about how i just jumped in to T3T. Its fun, i was excited. Was making more progress than I've made in a long time....but after thinking, And over thinking) I can't say I wouldn't have made the same progress on T2T. I don't like style hoping I rather let it evolve if there is room. So I've decide to step down to T2T and milk it. With my time constraints I can now progress the stretches more longer, really dig deep on the pumps sets. And move up when progress slows....Thank for listening to me ramble Smile
(09-24-2014, 10:52 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I needed more glute/hip development, but they are comming up well with abductor work and use of a lot of stiffleg variations. I need to bring up chest and back more. I have short limbs so, im finding more isolation with chest and single arm work with back is helping. Thoughts?

Again thank you.

(09-25-2014, 07:50 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: I assure you, any suggestions wont fall on deaf ears, I was pretty much filtering my ideas...so when I said Thoughts ? And don't get "thats really a dumb idea" I got the reassurance I'm on the right path Smile

Cerberus,

I've quoted again what you wrote in case you might not have recalled.

From what I read, you didn't put forth any idea for me to comment on. You simply said what was working, I noted that and asked if you specifically wanted me to comment on something specifically?..

If someone says, "I love this car, it fits my needs. What do you think?..." there doesn't seem to be an issue there.

Now, below is something else... Smile

Quote:The past few days I've just been thinking a lot about how i just jumped in to T3T. Its fun, i was excited. Was making more progress than I've made in a long time....but after thinking, And over thinking) I can't say I wouldn't have made the same progress on T2T. I don't like style hoping I rather let it evolve if there is room. So I've decide to step down to T2T and milk it. With my time constraints I can now progress the stretches more longer, really dig deep on the pumps sets. And move up when progress slows.

How would you know whether you would have made more or less progress?... What are the tell tale signs for you?...

(BTW, in the FAQ of the book I talk about the notion of intentionally (or pre-planning, if experience tells you this would be a good idea), varying the volume Tier during a blast. There is no need to just stick to one volume Tier except at the outset (first few blasts) to see how you adapt to the training and get a feel for the outer edges of what you can recovery from. It's my intention that folks will change volume Tiers as needed (e.g., during show prep, depending on supp. use, lifestyle, work, diet, etc.) and even do so instinctively. I'm glad to see - I think - that you're making some "instinctive" changes. Smile [/quote]

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(09-25-2014, 10:00 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: (BTW, in the FAQ of the book I talk about the notion of intentionally (or pre-planning, if experience tells you this would be a good idea), varying the volume Tier during a blast. There is no need to just stick to one volume Tier except at the outset (first few blasts) to see how you adapt to the training and get a feel for the outer edges of what you can recovery from. It's my intention that folks will change volume Tiers as needed (e.g., during show prep, depending on supp. use, lifestyle, work, diet, etc.) and even do so instinctively. I'm glad to see - I think - that you're making some "instinctive" changes. Smile

After going through a few blasts I have been varying the volume tiers as needed. Good to know I was on the right track Smile
(09-25-2014, 10:35 AM)DOWORK Wrote: After going through a few blasts I have been varying the volume tiers as needed. Good to know I was on the right track Smile

Yes!

This is definitely something I wanted to have in the program.

It gives that flexibility, but yet provides some structure. You're not left after a productive few months knowing that you adjusted your training and it "worked" but now sure why, how or what you did exactly.

The Volume Tiers are another way of steering the program to fit your needs. Even prolonging blasts such that you end them at a time that fits with a travel or vacation schedule (so you're cruising when you want to be) is a possibility. Smile

-S
-Scott

(09-25-2014, 10:00 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Cerberus,

I've quoted again what you wrote in case you might not have recalled.

From what I read, you didn't put forth any idea for me to comment on. You simply said what was working, I noted that and asked if you specifically wanted me to comment on something specifically?..

If someone says, "I love this car, it fits my needs. What do you think?..." there doesn't seem to be an issue there.

Now, below is something else... Smile

How would you know whether you would have made more or less progress?... What are the tell tale signs for you?...

(BTW, in the FAQ of the book I talk about the notion of intentionally (or pre-planning, if experience tells you this would be a good idea), varying the volume Tier during a blast. There is no need to just stick to one volume Tier except at the outset (first few blasts) to see how you adapt to the training and get a feel for the outer edges of what you can recovery from. It's my intention that folks will change volume Tiers as needed (e.g., during show prep, depending on supp. use, lifestyle, work, diet, etc.) and even do so instinctively. I'm glad to see - I think - that you're making some "instinctive" changes. Smile

-S
[/quote]

To answer, how do I know I would or wouldn't get similar results one tier down. I don't....so that is one of the main reasons I'm trying it, I know I could always go back, or back and forth....but its kind of like the kid that jumps on sups and does twice as much as needed and says he gained muscle. Well I gained 8lbs, did I need to do all that I did to get them? There's only one way to really know. I know i recovered well and it works, I figured T3T was closest to what volume level i was doing, so that was my initial thoughts... but why adapt to something if less is as effective? That way there is room to evolve.

I do know when I'm between jobs and the gym is busy, my stretches are only 30-60 seconds. Id rather do 90+ individually so I can push safely....So curiosity and convenience is driving the train Smile

I started adjusting my tiers this blast, which is my second.
first blast I did two weeks of tier 2, then went to tier 3 for four weeks.
The final week I was beat up a bit and really had to force the intensity level. So this time I did tier 1 for week one, then did tier 3 for weeks two and three. Then back to tier 2 for week four, I'll finish up with two weeks of tier 3. I'm just finishing up week four and feel the slight step back to tier 2 was perfect timing to allow me to truly hit it hard for the six week blast.
(09-25-2014, 02:32 PM)Cerberus777 Wrote: -S

To answer, how do I know I would or wouldn't get similar results one tier down. I don't....so that is one of the main reasons I'm trying it, I know I could always go back, or back and forth....but its kind of like the kid that jumps on sups and does twice as much as needed and says he gained muscle. Well I gained 8lbs, did I need to do all that I did to get them? There's only one way to really know. I know i recovered well and it works, I figured T3T was closest to what volume level i was doing, so that was my initial thoughts... but why adapt to something if less is as effective? That way there is room to evolve.

I do know when I'm between jobs and the gym is busy, my stretches are only 30-60 seconds. Id rather do 90+ individually so I can push safely....So curiosity and convenience is driving the train Smile

[/quote]

Least Effective Dose. Smile

A time saver for the stretches (esp. occlusion stretches) can be to finish an exercise, move to the next, set up quickly there (1st warm-up set) and then go right into the stretches as you warm-up.

So, you might finish back, and then (quickly - we want metabolic stress during the occlusion stretch) move to a chest press, load it and do a light warm-up, adjust the machine etc. and then do a bilateral stretch on the nearest pulldown or unilateral lat stretches on a cross-bar.

-S
-Scott

(09-26-2014, 01:32 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: To answer, how do I know I would or wouldn't get similar results one tier down. I don't....so that is one of the main reasons I'm trying it, I know I could always go back, or back and forth....but its kind of like the kid that jumps on sups and does twice as much as needed and says he gained muscle. Well I gained 8lbs, did I need to do all that I did to get them? There's only one way to really know. I know i recovered well and it works, I figured T3T was closest to what volume level i was doing, so that was my initial thoughts... but why adapt to something if less is as effective? That way there is room to evolve.

Least Effective Dose. Smile

A time saver for the stretches (esp. occlusion stretches) can be to finish an exercise, move to the next, set up quickly there (1st warm-up set) and then go right into the stretches as you warm-up.

So, you might finish back, and then (quickly - we want metabolic stress during the occlusion stretch) move to a chest press, load it and do a light warm-up, adjust the machine etc. and then do a bilateral stretch on the nearest pulldown or unilateral lat stretches on a cross-bar.

-S
[/quote]

Yup, thanks for the time saver tips Smile I'll implement those, while killing T2T for the rest of this blast, and at least half of next one. That way I'll know whats possible, while giving each part of the program 100%. If I need to step up tiers in I'm prepared. You've been a great help. Thanks Smile
(09-26-2014, 06:15 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Yup, thanks for the time saver tips Smile I'll implement those, while killing T2T for the rest of this blast, and at least half of next one. That way I'll know whats possible, while giving each part of the program 100%. If I need to step up tiers in I'm prepared. You've been a great help. Thanks Smile

You got it! Great questions and insight, too. Smile

(Again, no meaning to single you out for the "thoughts?" question. I know you're good for it, though - anyone who uses "Hell Hound" for s screen name ... Smile )

-S
-Scott