Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts after two blasts
Sorry, I fell a few workouts behind on the log........working 14 hour days, one day off in the last 14 days......plus coaching my son's youth football team have really kept me behind. The workouts are still being done and I'm hitting it hard.

I just finished week six of my second blast of Fortitude Training. Now I'll be moving into a cruise.

What I will do here is list some observations from this training blast.

Scott posted on this web site that he thought many people were training at too high a tier and was also curious about how it was that so many people were hitting exactly four reps on the final set of muscle rounds.......were they truly at failure.

I'm not going to BS here........I've been training for about 36 years straight and am on the back end of 50 years old. My super supps would be considered fairly light by some standards but I'm happy with how I feel.

I was doing Tier 3 basic and by the end of blasts, hell even in the middle, I was dragging ass half the day after my early AM workouts.
So I decided to end this blast with three straight weeks of Tier 2 and make sure I was........
A. Really hitting failure
B. Being smart on exercise selection and sticking to the program guidelines
C. Make sure I was increasing weight and or reps
D. Incorporating set extension techniques on pump sets

I've battled shoulder joint issues for years stemming from old football injuries as well as powerlifting abuse.

I also found that with FT, when using Tier 3, I started getting knee issues and elbow issues, tendonitis stuff. Elbows weren't too bad but the right knee got bad enough to negatively affect my workouts for legs.

Sticking to Tier 2 has pretty much eliminated the joint issues and I was even able to incorporate incline bench for the first time in a couple of years.
My gains were great, my strength is moving up consistently, and I feel good physically. The workouts were every bit as tough as the higher tier but it didn't take me an entire day to have the energy to move.

So after this cruise I'll be sticking with Tier 2 for the future......

Regarding the super supps, I also think I'll be doing a 6 on, 2 cruise to match the training. Nothing exotic though, just basic.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to dens228 for this post:
  • Cerberus777, Kag94, Muscle175, righty, Scott Stevenson, _jais_
Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm cruising now, and lower sups as well.
My plan is to do T2 and have T3 written out for the last week or 2 if needed. I like to over reach a bit before cruising, love the rebound effect.

But Its not like your a beginner in T1 and accomplish something if you make it to T3 lol
Granted I was guilty of that thinking when I started.
(10-15-2014, 04:47 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm cruising now, and lower sups as well.
My plan is to do T2 and have T3 written out for the last week or 2 if needed. I like to over reach a bit before cruising, love the rebound effect.

But Its not like your a beginner in T1 and accomplish something if you make it to T3 lol
Granted I was guilty of that thinking when I started.

I was thinking the exact same thing.......maybe doing Tier 3 for the last week..........I'll just see how I feel next time through. I'm sure that just like you, Tier 2 is no cake walk if you go all out, plus it's also about recovery and no matter how much I want to deny it I don't recover like a did a few years back.
(10-15-2014, 05:07 AM)dens228 Wrote: I was thinking the exact same thing.......maybe doing Tier 3 for the last week..........I'll just see how I feel next time through. I'm sure that just like you, Tier 2 is no cake walk if you go all out, plus it's also about recovery and no matter how much I want to deny it I don't recover like a did a few years back.

We definitely don't recover as fast as when we were younger, but don't lift as light either Wink
Plus the older we get, we know what true failure is. When I was younger, I thought i was done when I had a rep or three in me.

Yeah I'm keeping the last week T3T in the back pocket for this coming blast.

Making progress and having fun Smile
I'm figuring this next blast will be the best so far,,,,,,,stay injury free, hit it hard, eat right...........
Maybe I can get to an internet 300 at 3% bodyfat!! LOL
300 pounds at 3% bf? If your anywhere remotely even close to that... please post pics lol Big Grin
Haha, I can assure you I'm not! I'm only about 70 pounds away though!! LOL
Going through my third blast this is obviously a learning experience. Trying to hit this blast utilizing only tier 2 basic isn't enough.
After 4 weeks I feel my improvements are minimal and my appearance/strength isn't reflecting the work.
After 35 years of training I believe I need the volume of Tier 3, at least in bursts.

One of the problems I think I was having with Tier 3 was moving too fast through the workout. This was really getting me gassed by the end.
So I just finished week 5 of this blast, back at Tier 3 and have concentrated on actually slowing it down a bit. Still keeping the rest periods between exercises as listed in the program but taking a little more time between those segments.

So we'll see how it works out. I really love the workouts but I think it'll take time to find what works best within the program for each individual.
(11-26-2014, 04:27 AM)dens228 Wrote: Going through my third blast this is obviously a learning experience. Trying to hit this blast utilizing only tier 2 basic isn't enough.
After 4 weeks I feel my improvements are minimal and my appearance/strength isn't reflecting the work.
After 35 years of training I believe I need the volume of Tier 3, at least in bursts.

One of the problems I think I was having with Tier 3 was moving too fast through the workout. This was really getting me gassed by the end.
So I just finished week 5 of this blast, back at Tier 3 and have concentrated on actually slowing it down a bit. Still keeping the rest periods between exercises as listed in the program but taking a little more time between those segments.

So we'll see how it works out. I really love the workouts but I think it'll take time to find what works best within the program for each individual.

Couple thoughts for you:

Food and sleep are your best friends for recovery and growth. You'll need to be gaining weight if you want to make gains overall.

You've got the right idea about being recovered between exercises or Pump supersets. If you need to drop back to Tier II b/c you're now about to create a stronger stimulus in this third Blast vs. the previous 2, that makes perfect sense. Most obvious example of this is Dorian Yates, who reduced his volume as he became larger and could train harder. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
lasix tabletten rezeptfrei lasix ohne rezept kaufen lasix ohne rezept
furosemid rezeptfrei apotheke furosemid ohne rezept bestellen lasix ohne rezept
lasix rezeptfrei deutschland lasix ohne rezept kaufen lasix ohne rezept
lasix kaufen apotheke lasix ohne rezept kaufen lasix ohne rezept bestellen
lasix online bestellen ohne rezept lasix ohne rezept lasix rezeptfrei schweiz
furosemid rezeptfrei apotheke lasix ohne rezept kaufen lasix 40 mg ohne rezept kaufen