Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT e-book Diet questions
Scott, for someone like myself who trains later in the evening. What is the ideal way to make certain I have enough glycogen to fuel my WO?

I am currently leaning out and consume a PWO shake with carbs, protein etc. PWO only. Otherwise all my meals are protein (fat that is found in the protein source) and veggies. I may have a piece of fruit pre WO. PWO I have my RS shake and then a solid meal with protein/fat and some fruit.

I read/was under the impression that it's the carbs one eats for breakfast and lunch that provides the glycogen to fuel the evening WO. The carbs one consumes pre and/or intra go only towards recovery same as PWO carbs.

Since I am in fat loss mode, should I still consider a protein and carb rich meal the following morning after training the night before?

What supps whould you suggest for gut/digestive health? If I recall, your friend Dave Henry is a fan of DigestGold. Thx
(11-20-2014, 01:49 AM)LG1 Wrote: Scott, for someone like myself who trains later in the evening. What is the ideal way to make certain I have enough glycogen to fuel my WO?

I am currently leaning out and consume a PWO shake with carbs, protein etc. PWO only. Otherwise all my meals are protein (fat that is found in the protein source) and veggies. I may have a piece of fruit pre WO. PWO I have my RS shake and then a solid meal with protein/fat and some fruit.

I read/was under the impression that it's the carbs one eats for breakfast and lunch that provides the glycogen to fuel the evening WO. The carbs one consumes pre and/or intra go only towards recovery same as PWO carbs.

Since I am in fat loss mode, should I still consider a protein and carb rich meal the following morning after training the night before?

What supps whould you suggest for gut/digestive health? If I recall, your friend Dave Henry is a fan of DigestGold. Thx

LG,

I have to ask - have you read the book?...

See page 114 where I cover how one would ensure glycogen re-filing if you train late at night.

If you're training with Tier I it may not be an issue. You'll notice that your glycogen is low if you don't get much of a pump and you find yourself petering out on Pump sets.

Page 73: Supplement for Digestive Health.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks Scott. I read the book. I am not advanced enough for this kind of program so I will stick to the diet advice in my case.
I recommend everyone to drink beetroot juice before workout for good pumps. No need to pay for arginine IMO. Also Scott's diet approach is perfect IMO because I'm reading all the latest research every morning one hour. And he is completely right since I gained 2 kg in first blast 4weeks but 1% fat increase only. I can see my four abs clearly and waist is still 85cm.
(11-25-2014, 05:33 AM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: I recommend everyone to drink beetroot juice before workout for good pumps. No need to pay for arginine IMO. Also Scott's diet approach is perfect IMO because I'm reading all the latest research every morning one hour. And he is completely right since I gained 2 kg in first blast 4weeks but 1% fat increase only. I can see my four abs clearly and waist is still 85cm.

Beet Elite seems like a well formulated product. I got a hold of some samples and gave it a shot, but felt really nothing in terms of pump, probably b/c I've never had an issue getting a pump, glycogen levels are full and my intra-workout is helping, too. Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott have you ever tried grapefruit juice 300 ml half an hour before workout ?
(11-26-2014, 07:16 PM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: Hi Scott have you ever tried grapefruit juice 300 ml half an hour before workout ?

For enhancing drug / supplement bioavailability?...

(No, I've not.)

-S
-Scott

http://josephagu.com/2014/10/22/beetroot...k-funnell/
happy holidays with your loved ones Scott.

May I ask your comment about my weight gain in one month period of time on Turbo Tier 3 for three weeks and one week intensive cruise :
I started 84.1kg at 12% BF (caliper measured) by 2860 kcal total daily cal intake then reached to 85.5kg at the end of first blast(30days) but my BF becomes 13%. My training days cal was 2860 and off days cal was 2100-2200 according to FT diet rules. My macros was 2.2g/kg Protein (one shake and rest from meat) 1.0g/kg Fat (from olive oil coconut oil and some dairy) rest was carbs on training days and no carbs on Off days (only lots of veggies).

I want to gain lean muscle mass with no fat gain ( in fact I want it decreased down to 10% during packing the muscle).

Waiting for your kind comments and valuable advises .

Thank you

Greetings from Turkiye

P.S. : muscle rounds fired up my strength . I'm much appreciated for this to you
(12-01-2014, 02:30 AM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: Beetroot Juice: Endurance athletes’ elation or another flop? (Guest Post by Mark Funnell) | Nutrition consultant

Sorry I missed this. I just browsed the article. IF you've got a Question, let me know.

(12-26-2014, 06:26 PM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: happy holidays with your loved ones Scott.

May I ask your comment about my weight gain in one month period of time on Turbo Tier 3 for three weeks and one week intensive cruise :
I started 84.1kg at 12% BF (caliper measured) by 2860 kcal total daily cal intake then reached to 85.5kg at the end of first blast(30days) but my BF becomes 13%. My training days cal was 2860 and off days cal was 2100-2200 according to FT diet rules. My macros was 2.2g/kg Protein (one shake and rest from meat) 1.0g/kg Fat (from olive oil coconut oil and some dairy) rest was carbs on training days and no carbs on Off days (only lots of veggies).

I want to gain lean muscle mass with no fat gain ( in fact I want it decreased down to 10% during packing the muscle).

Waiting for your kind comments and valuable advises .

Thank you

Greetings from Turkiye

P.S. : muscle rounds fired up my strength . I'm much appreciated for this to you

Hakan,

Some basic Q's for you at first.

What blast on FT is this for you? What Tier(s) did you use when you did previous blasts?... (Did you progress on the other blasts?...)

Could you give me some of you weights you're using for the Loading sets, e.g., for squats, any barbell pressing, etc.

How much has your strength progressed with FT (form 1st blasts to end of this one)

Why did you have to cut the blast short to just 3 weeks?... This is OK - it's at the bottom of the range and some might find they grow better "out of the gate" and intentionally pick a Tier the tends to mean Blasts are shorter. You might also do a short blast b/c you've got holidays / vacation coming up (like right now) so you do things that way.

What strikes me - what I'm getting at for the above is:

Tier III Turbo is for those who are, pardon the expression, "gawddamn workhorses." Few are going to be able to handle that, but some can thrive on it. More is not always better and this could be the case for you.

I've mentioned it a few times, but the person who was the most advanced among my beta testers for the program (behind only now an IFBB pro and another guy who will be in the next couple years, I'm pretty sure) needed to use Tier I. He trained like a friggin' monster (former professional athlete in one of the roughest sports) and knows how to put the metal down. I'd much rather have ridiculous training gusto than higher volume.

-S
-Scott