Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quad Exercises
Love to see your guys list of some exercises you're using for quad movements.
I'm 2 days into fortitude and digging it so far.
Having a hard time coming up with differences between thigh and quad movements.
Thank you!
(02-26-2015, 01:50 AM)Fireguy10720 Wrote: Love to see your guys list of some exercises you're using for quad movements.
I'm 2 days into fortitude and digging it so far.
Having a hard time coming up with differences between thigh and quad movements.
Thank you!

So the difference in thigh and quad is going to be thigh movements are going to be "squat type" Using both quad and hamstring. So thigh would be squat, and leg presses with your feet at your squat stance. Obviously some machines tend to favor your quads or your hamstrings a little more over the other, but you get the idea. Scott also has some REALLY creative thigh lifts in the video section.

For Quads, this is what I have used with FT, or have used in the past, that I think are quad dominate for me.

Close Stance Hack Squats in Hack Sled
Sissy Hack Squats in Hack Sled
Barbell Hack Squats
Any Leg Press with the feet close together and very low. Anything where the seat leans back far is great (I have a machine where I'm pretty much laying flat and pressing horizontal and it crushes my quads, almost zero hamstrings involved), or the machines where you press yourself away on a seat and the platform itself is fixed are usually very quad dominate to me.
Leg Extensions (I usually do these higher rep, and personally I would not use for loading)
BW Sissy Hack Squats
Bulgarian Split Squats, with feet closer together.
Frog Stance Hack Squats for hitting the VMO.

I'm probably missing some here.

I will add that I have a very good mind muscle connection with my quads, so your mileage my vary slightly.

(02-26-2015, 02:48 AM)Altamir Wrote: So the difference in thigh and quad is going to be thigh movements are going to be "squat type" Using both quad and hamstring. So thigh would be squat, and leg presses with your feet at your squat stance. Obviously some machines tend to favor your quads or your hamstrings a little more over the other, but you get the idea. Scott also has some REALLY creative thigh lifts in the video section.

For Quads, this is what I have used with FT, or have used in the past, that I think are quad dominate for me.

Close Stance Hack Squats in Hack Sled
Sissy Hack Squats in Hack Sled
Barbell Hack Squats
Any Leg Press with the feet close together and very low. Anything where the seat leans back far is great (I have a machine where I'm pretty much laying flat and pressing horizontal and it crushes my quads, almost zero hamstrings involved), or the machines where you press yourself away on a seat and the platform itself is fixed are usually very quad dominate to me.
Leg Extensions (I usually do these higher rep, and personally I would not use for loading)
BW Sissy Hack Squats
Bulgarian Split Squats, with feet closer together.
Frog Stance Hack Squats for hitting the VMO.

I'm probably missing some here.

I will add that I have a very good mind muscle connection with my quads, so your mileage my vary slightly.

Right on!!
Thank you!