Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this setup look correct?
Hi,

I bought and read the book yesterday, I've just finished creating the routine on a spreadsheet.

Could you guys have a look and let me know if it looks ok?

Thanks.

Attached Files
.xlsx   FT Training.xlsx (Size: 9.66 KB / Downloads: 35)
Few note for you, not knowing your particulars... Smile

--------------
You're going to have a hard time in regular gym using those exercises for your loading sets. E.g.,

Front Squats 1 x 6-12
Heels together smith squats 1 x 6-12
Wide Stance Hacks 1 x 6-12

Here, you'd choose 1 compound exercise and then the isolations would best be something that you can easily get to and set up. You could do knee extension or even these for quads (see below) and lying DB ham curls, SLDL (same barbell), or a machine ham curl you can get on for a set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCF0WDnFPg

-----------
You should do three different exercises for calf Loading sets for your A, B, C rotation.

-------------

I'd not use a squat variation for your Pump set, at least every day. Save your low back for Loading sets and perhaps MRs. (Go with a leg press variation.)

-S

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply, I'll sort out those issues and hopefully I'll have solid routine ready for Monday. The main problem is my gyms lack of hamstring machines. There isn't any.

Thanks.

(04-05-2015, 12:00 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Few note for you, not knowing your particulars... Smile

--------------
You're going to have a hard time in regular gym using those exercises for your loading sets. E.g.,

Front Squats 1 x 6-12
Heels together smith squats 1 x 6-12
Wide Stance Hacks 1 x 6-12

Here, you'd choose 1 compound exercise and then the isolations would best be something that you can easily get to and set up. You could do knee extension or even these for quads (see below) and lying DB ham curls, SLDL (same barbell), or a machine ham curl you can get on for a set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pCF0WDnFPg

-----------
You should do three different exercises for calf Loading sets for your A, B, C rotation.

-------------

I'd not use a squat variation for your Pump set, at least every day. Save your low back for Loading sets and perhaps MRs. (Go with a leg press variation.)

-S

(04-05-2015, 12:26 AM)19dan89 Wrote: Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply, I'll sort out those issues and hopefully I'll have solid routine ready for Monday. The main problem is my gyms lack of hamstring machines. There isn't any.

Thanks.

Sure!

• Prone DB Ham Curl (various benches to change angle)
• Hanging DB ham curl (hanging from pull-up bar)
• Prone ham curl (using low cable and ankle cuffs).
• Fetal ham curl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YgRgm7SWs
• Russian ham curl (using overhead pulley to provide upward assistance)
• Stifflegged DLs: BB, DB, Smith, using hack squat machine (facing machine)
• Unilateral ham curl on knee extension machine.
• Ham press (feet wide and at top of foot plate, going very deep) on leg press

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Thanks for the suggestions,

I've updated the spreadsheet, if you could have a look that would be great.

Thanks.

(04-05-2015, 08:04 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Sure!

• Prone DB Ham Curl (various benches to change angle)
• Hanging DB ham curl (hanging from pull-up bar)
• Prone ham curl (using low cable and ankle cuffs).
• Fetal ham curl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YgRgm7SWs
• Russian ham curl (using overhead pulley to provide upward assistance)
• Stifflegged DLs: BB, DB, Smith, using hack squat machine (facing machine)
• Unilateral ham curl on knee extension machine.
• Ham press (feet wide and at top of foot plate, going very deep) on leg press

-S

Attached Files
.xlsx   FT Training.xlsx (Size: 9.66 KB / Downloads: 28)
(04-05-2015, 08:51 PM)19dan89 Wrote: Thanks for the suggestions,

I've updated the spreadsheet, if you could have a look that would be great.

Thanks.

Looks like you're batting about .333 here.

I see no change in the thigh loading sets and you're still using squat variations for your thigh PUMP sets. (Sissy squats are not really a thigh exercise, hitting both quad and hams, at least. Sissy squats are a quad isolation exercise.)

-S
-Scott

Hi Scott,

I was just struggling for exercises for the thigh pump sets. I guess I could use lunges and step ups? I don't have access to a leg press machine, although I could do smith leg press the old fashion way.

Thanks for the help

(04-05-2015, 11:53 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Looks like you're batting about .333 here.

I see no change in the thigh loading sets and you're still using squat variations for your thigh PUMP sets. (Sissy squats are not really a thigh exercise, hitting both quad and hams, at least. Sissy squats are a quad isolation exercise.)

-S