Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(03-16-2015, 12:13 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You'll have to diet and produce a caloric deficit to lose fat, Hakan.

-S

I am aware of caloric deficit I have to apply. But you said do not go caloric deficit during FT then I did not. Now I want to try it. How much percent caloric deficit from TDEE do you recommend ? So far I have read it many articles from experience people like Alan Aragon James Conci Mitchell Dr. Stu. But I'm only chasing and listening you now. I have also bought John Meadow diet book but read it only. Story short you are my only guide now. Thank you
(03-16-2015, 07:23 AM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: I am aware of caloric deficit I have to apply. But you said do not go caloric deficit during FT then I did not. Now I want to try it. How much percent caloric deficit from TDEE do you recommend ? So far I have read it many articles from experience people like Alan Aragon James Conci Mitchell Dr. Stu. But I'm only chasing and listening you now. I have also bought John Meadow diet book but read it only. Story short you are my only guide now. Thank you

Hakan,

Page 131 of the FT book will get you going here. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All right then.. Much appreciated.
What is everyone's goto exercises to emphasize quad sweep?
I gotta say, I'm excited to start this up, I really like what has been done with this program.
It was a little hard for me for some reason to figure it out but I think I have a good grasp... I think lol. I sketched out a rough draft of what my two loading set days might look like. Its not set in stone, I may swap some exercises yet, but I think this is very close.

[Image: c3bbf5cb1966632217da43e50c51fd47.jpg]

(04-05-2015, 08:18 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: What is everyone's goto exercises to emphasize quad sweep?
IMO quad sweep is one of those things you kind of have naturally or you don't...
You CAN alter your foot placement a bit to get more emphasis on the outer quad, but over all the shape you have at 190lbs is going to be the same shape you have at 280, just bigger.

What are your stats right now? Sweep might not be your problem at all. Get huge quads first and then assess where your weak points might be.
6'1 220 at about 12 percent bf. mid leg measures about 25.25 inches cold

(04-05-2015, 06:12 PM)crxhybrid85 Wrote: I gotta say, I'm excited to start this up, I really like what has been done with this program.
It was a little hard for me for some reason to figure it out but I think I have a good grasp... I think lol. I sketched out a rough draft of what my two loading set days might look like. Its not set in stone, I may swap some exercises yet, but I think this is very close.

[Image: c3bbf5cb1966632217da43e50c51fd47.jpg]

IMO quad sweep is one of those things you kind of have naturally or you don't...
You CAN alter your foot placement a bit to get more emphasis on the outer quad, but over all the shape you have at 190lbs is going to be the same shape you have at 280, just bigger.

What are your stats right now? Sweep might not be your problem at all. Get huge quads first and then assess where your weak points might be.

@crxhybrid86

I'm not Scott, but that set up looks pretty good. You'll get a better feel for what you can and can't do when you start. Something's you think will work won't and others you thought might not will. There is a bit of a learning curve but you'll pick it up fast. It's a extremely fun, hard, productive way to train. Once you have a better understanding of the program and how it effects you, you can better mold it to work for you. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll love the program!

@bigla2004

For working the outer quads I like close stance hack squat machine and sissy squats in the hack squat machine. That's where I feel it the most. Leg extensions and the like seem to be more of a VMO thing for me. I also find DC's extreme quad stretch (horizontal sissy squat in smith machine), hits the outer quad the hardest.
Hi Scott just a quickie
I work 12 hour shifts and some times train before shift and some times after
Just always wondered what to do with my diet in terms of placeing macros ..
Usually train (if on day off from work or early shift ) after 3 meals wich don't have carbs, I consume all my carbs intra , post and the 2 meals after training .
So if I'm on a 12 hour shift would i have 5 meals before training and after training only have time for my last meal (6) as i get home about 11pm and usually have to be up the next day at 4:30-5am
My question is would I reagange meals
To
Pro/fat
Pro/fat
Pro/cho
Pro/cho
Pro/fat (pre wo)
Intra
Post wo

Or just swap carb meals to fat/pro and just try and take in a lot more carbs after workout (before bed ) the only issue I have with doing it this is I like to stay constitant interms of Marcos and meals
The 12 hour shifts are a pain lol I only do 3 a week the rest are just 6 hour shifts , but I refuse to miss a training day
Sorry to go one
Do you have a link to that stretch?

(04-05-2015, 11:23 PM)Altamir Wrote: @crxhybrid86

I'm not Scott, but that set up looks pretty good. You'll get a better feel for what you can and can't do when you start. Something's you think will work won't and others you thought might not will. There is a bit of a learning curve but you'll pick it up fast. It's a extremely fun, hard, productive way to train. Once you have a better understanding of the program and how it effects you, you can better mold it to work for you. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll love the program!

@bigla2004

For working the outer quads I like close stance hack squat machine and sissy squats in the hack squat machine. That's where I feel it the most. Leg extensions and the like seem to be more of a VMO thing for me. I also find DC's extreme quad stretch (horizontal sissy squat in smith machine), hits the outer quad the hardest.

(04-06-2015, 11:11 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: Do you have a link to that stretch?

[Image: de5cc-extreme_quad_stretch.jpg]

I do it a little differently than shown here. My arms are at 90 degrees from the bar and my weight is more forward towards my knees. Legs are also together, actively pushing your knees together. You want to think about your body like its a see-saw and your feet are the center. You want to have your weight tipped over your toes and towards your legs, using your arms only to balance, not to support. Hope that helps. Takes a little bit to get used to and play with to perfect it.