Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
i think ill do that thanks scott, ill see how the pancake/casein idea runs though atm atleast from an emotional standpoint (maybe not rational) it sounds the best
(04-10-2015, 07:31 PM)Coops01 Wrote: i think ill do that thanks scott, ill see how the pancake/casein idea runs though atm atleast from an emotional standpoint (maybe not rational) it sounds the best

When it comes to pancakes, follow your heart.

Wink

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Scott, with my up coming schedule I'm going to have to switch to the 3 day for a while. Should I expect the blast to last longer?

PS

I'll write something up for your testimony soon.
(04-11-2015, 11:23 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Scott, with my up coming schedule I'm going to have to switch to the 3 day for a while. Should I expect the blast to last longer?

PS

I'll write something up for your testimony soon.

Thanks for anything you come up with, testimonial-wise. Smile

Yes, this could extend the Blast, but if you're not already at Tier III, you could possibly move up a Volume Tier (time in the gym still permitting).

Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Yeah, most my blasts are at T lll. The 3 days I'll have won't limit my time so no problem there. Thanks Smile
(04-12-2015, 12:13 AM)Cerberus777 Wrote: Yeah, most my blasts are at T lll. The 3 days I'll have won't limit my time so no problem there. Thanks Smile

Sure!

-S
-Scott

A personal question for you Scott.
Knowing what you do now about training and muscle growth.
If you could go back and exchange your decade of DC training for a decade of FT would you do it?
(04-18-2015, 12:32 PM)Con Wrote: A personal question for you Scott.
Knowing what you do now about training and muscle growth.
If you could go back and exchange your decade of DC training for a decade of FT would you do it?

That's a good question!

From a bodybuilding progress perspective, I probably would have switched up between the two training programs (alternated the two), but I'd not have replaced what I learned from the first few (several) years of DC training in terms of generating intensity and sticking to a program to squeeze every last drop out of it.

DC was a learning ground for me for much of that time, so I'd not replace that, of course, because that time led me to formulate FT. I actually had already come to training in a way that was REALLY similar to DC back in the day, BEFORE the cycles for pennies thread came out, which is why DC training was so appealing to me. (The main missing ingredient in my training before starting DC was doing a rest-pause set.)

I think in terms of building a base of strength and picking up on subtle nuances, DC served me well.

I do suspect that if I had then, as a learning substrate, Fortitude Training, that I might have learned even more, though, but it's hard to say.

This is a bit like asking someone if he would go back and marry his wife before he did, given the chance. Perhaps, at an earlier time, he was not yet the man (and she not the woman) that could love and appreciate his wife and thus would have somehow screwed up that relationship...

Would a wise future self's advice to me only fall on deaf ears?... (Would having FT set before me, without having figured it out myself, have stifled my learning?...)

Wink

-S
-Scott

(03-15-2015, 10:50 PM)Altamir Wrote: Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. One thing I touched on before that post and you did not in yours was stretching. How aggressively are you stretching your chest? By the end of the first blast I had gotten REALLY good at the weighted chest stretch and was doing to far to often. I was in love though, I would be incredibly sore and I was growing like I hadn't in a long time. It eventually took its toll and I came very close to severely regressing my first blast. 2nd blast I tried to be more intelligent about its placement, and it seemed to help.

Let me know what you try and what seems to work for you. And I'll do the same (either here or in my log, probably both). I'm nowhere near as advanced as you are, but I am also going to try iso before compound and see if that helps. I am also going to increase the variety of my chest muscle rounds. I think this may be an individual thing (right down to the muscle group). For my previous blast I did a total of 4 different lifts for my shoulders (for both loading, and MRs, different stuff for pump) and never saw better progress. Chest from blast 1 to blast 2 I added a few different MRs and saw some progress there. I'm going to add at least 3 or 4 more for my 3rd. Give the muscle more time before coming back to a lift to see if that will help stave off the stalling. Good luck!

So I thought I would update this if anyone cared. All of this worked GREAT. I almost didn't repeat ANY chest MR, but when I came around to the last week a hit a few I had not in awhile and saw progress. I also was able to keep all my loading sets for chest moving forward and did not stall or burn out on anything. I also managed to do this with a shoulder and forearm problems!

I also only did extreme chest stretches on my last MR day and upper pump day, less if I was not feeling it. Made a big difference.
(05-06-2015, 02:40 AM)Altamir Wrote: So I thought I would update this if anyone cared. All of this worked GREAT. I almost didn't repeat ANY chest MR, but when I came around to the last week a hit a few I had not in awhile and saw progress. I also was able to keep all my loading sets for chest moving forward and did not stall or burn out on anything. I also managed to do this with a shoulder and forearm problems!

I also only did extreme chest stretches on my last MR day and upper pump day, less if I was not feeling it. Made a big difference.

Thanks for updating Altamir. Glad to see that these things made a difference for you! One question I have for you is, if you are only doing weighted chest stretch on a certain day(s), are you doing anything else on the other chest days (ie. occlusion stretch, flexibility stretch)? Or are you completely skipping stretching on those days?

I am wondering if standing in a doorway, for example, and stretching the chest that way after pump sets, rather than weighted extreme stretch, would work just as well for occlusion purposes yet not cause the same level of muscle fatigue? I haven't experimented with this yet, but will probably give it a try next blast.

Also an update on my chest training - I swapped iso exercises first and mass builder second, and I have been progressing, however, at a slow rate. On my pressing I have been gaining 1 or 2 reps each A/B/C exercise (1 on incline BB and flat BB, more on incline hammer machine which i can really grind out reps on). I guess this is decent progress, but painfully slow when compared to squatting or any leg movement for that matter that I can go up 5lbs/week pretty much every time.