Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not able to zig-zag
sorry if this has been asked before but i was not able to find it doing a quick search but has anyone done this program without zig zagging? my gym with the sheer volume of members just would not allow me to do this. how crucial is it to the overall success of the program?

thanks everyone!
(04-18-2015, 01:54 AM)P-lethal Wrote: sorry if this has been asked before but i was not able to find it doing a quick search but has anyone done this program without zig zagging? my gym with the sheer volume of members just would not allow me to do this. how crucial is it to the overall success of the program?

thanks everyone!

P-Lethal

Here are some suggestions for you for zig zagging.

If you have a power rack with a bar or smith machine you can likely do these as ISOLATION exercises.

NOTE: you'd not start the rest interval between sets until you have set up for these exercises, as this could add an extra 20-30 seconds of moving weight around. This is exactly the reason why I decided to set up the rest intervals based on the actual time one is resting.

Quads:
---Sissy squat with plate or DB (if needed)
---Smith: Do squats for compound exercise and then switch to somersault squat for last set (quads at end)
---Barbell: Do barbell hack squats (Real hack squats) as you last set)

Hams:
---Lying DB curl on the floor (can be done anywhere as long as you don't mind getting dirty)
---DB SLDL

Back width:
---Do pull-ups on whatever you can get a hold of, which could be an unloaded bar set high on a rack, a smith bar set high. I have a hip squat belt that I use for several things as well as a dip belt / pull-up belt
---Rack chins!

Delt:
---DB side laterals. Move the DBs to wherever you are doing your compound exercise

Chest:
---DB flies as above.. If you get an adjustable bench and do a smith press then you can adjust the bench to hit another angle for the DB fly.

Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-18-2015, 07:29 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: P-Lethal

Here are some suggestions for you for zig zagging.

If you have a power rack with a bar or smith machine you can likely do these as ISOLATION exercises.

NOTE: you'd not start the rest interval between sets until you have set up for these exercises, as this could add an extra 20-30 seconds of moving weight around. This is exactly the reason why I decided to set up the rest intervals based on the actual time one is resting.

Quads:
---Sissy squat with plate or DB (if needed)
---Smith: Do squats for compound exercise and then switch to somersault squat for last set (quads at end)
---Barbell: Do barbell hack squats (Real hack squats) as you last set)

Hams:
---Lying DB curl on the floor (can be done anywhere as long as you don't mind getting dirty)
---DB SLDL

Back width:
---Do pull-ups on whatever you can get a hold of, which could be an unloaded bar set high on a rack, a smith bar set high. I have a hip squat belt that I use for several things as well as a dip belt / pull-up belt
---Rack chins!

Delt:
---DB side laterals. Move the DBs to wherever you are doing your compound exercise

Chest:
---DB flies as above.. If you get an adjustable bench and do a smith press then you can adjust the bench to hit another angle for the DB fly.

Smile

-S

Perfect thank you!

Scott you are a living treasure of bodybuilding mate. [emoji106][emoji817][emoji106]
(04-18-2015, 10:28 AM)P-lethal Wrote: Perfect thank you!

You're welcome! (Sounds like that solves it for ya? Smile )

(04-18-2015, 05:38 PM)Hakan Çelik Wrote: Scott you are a living treasure of bodybuilding mate. [emoji106][emoji817][emoji106]

LOL! That's awesome. Thanks, man! Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.