Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Few questions before i start :)
Wink 
Hey guys ,

Purchased the book off scott a couple of days ago and have been reading it each day few things I want to ask ,

Would it be suitable to do a training split of ; Mon , Tues, Thurs , Fri , I read in the book aslong as you don't do 3 days together it is fine but wanted to confirm the above is ok.

Also for Week 1 tier 1 day 3 ,

Thigh x 1 MR

Quad x 1P
Ham x 1P

Calf X 1MR

Bicep X 1P

Are the pump sets in this day performed as single sets on their own?

Or are they paired of eg,

Leg extension superset with ham string curl? or just performed on their own.

also there is no direct trap work is this ok? used to be a lagging bodypart for me.

Many thanks Jonathan
(06-19-2015, 04:21 AM)jonnyni Wrote: Hey guys ,

Purchased the book off scott a couple of days ago and have been reading it each day few things I want to ask ,

Would it be suitable to do a training split of ; Mon , Tues, Thurs , Fri , I read in the book aslong as you don't do 3 days together it is fine but wanted to confirm the above is ok.

I think so. In this case I would use the Basic (not Turbo) version.

Quote:Also for Week 1 tier 1 day 3 ,

Thigh x 1 MR

Quad x 1P
Ham x 1P

Calf X 1MR

Bicep X 1P

Are the pump sets in this day performed as single sets on their own?

Or are they paired of eg,

Leg extension superset with ham string curl? or just performed on their own.

Couple those pump sets if you like, but that's not how I intended it (for the workout on that day).

Quote:also there is no direct trap work is this ok? used to be a lagging bodypart for me.

Many thanks Jonathan

You can focus on traps if you choose exercises for back and legs, like rack deads and squats, that hit your traps. Get to where you're pulling and squatting 5 bills and your traps will likely show it.

I would include traps with back, so you can do that as well (e.g., use a shrugging movement as a back thickness exercise) on Day 4. Also, upright rows and even overhead presses can work the traps pretty well. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-19-2015, 06:07 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I think so. In this case I would use the Basic (not Turbo) version.

Couple those pump sets if you like, but that's not how I intended it (for the workout on that day).

You can focus on traps if you choose exercises for back and legs, like rack deads and squats, that hit your traps. Get to where you're pulling and squatting 5 bills and your traps will likely show it.

I would include traps with back, so you can do that as well (e.g., use a shrugging movement as a back thickness exercise) on Day 4. Also, upright rows and even overhead presses can work the traps pretty well. Smile

-S

Thanks Scott would, mon, weds, Fri, sat be a better split if i was wanting to do the turbo version or even for the basic? To allow for recovery.

If the sets were intended to be as straight single pump sets thats fine I was just curious as in the ebook it says thag pump sets are always 2 exercises done in a superset fashion Smile. I will do them as intended Smile

Also I have just finished dieting and was in a calorie deflict of 1000 calories per day since xmas with a weekly refeed of 1,500 above maintaince , dropping 40lb in total I have increased my food intake the past 2 weeks since stopping, for optimal body recomp and lean gains what sort of calories above maintenance would you recommend I went to? I am finding now even at 1,000 over maintaince I am still not gaining much weight at all again? Strange as i thought i would of gained weight fast as my calories were low at the end of my diet and a small some of 1,800 calories.

Any help appreciated.

Jonathan

Thanks
Johnny,

First thought is that you are overanalyzing here a bit. This is common with bodybuilders (myself included) and can get in the way... for years and years, actually. Bodybuilding can be great to scratch that itch when it comes to being detail oriented, but if you scratch too much...

The best way to answer these questions is sometimes simply to do it, rather than thinking about what to do.

(06-19-2015, 06:30 PM)jonnyni Wrote: Thanks Scott would, mon, weds, Fri, sat be a better split if i was wanting to do the turbo version or even for the basic? To allow for recovery.

I would advise you start with Tier I, Basic as written out - 4 days per week, for at least a couple weeks (for the reason I mention above). Chances are, FT is a bit different than anything you've done before, so this will give you a nice introduction to the frequency component. After a few weeks of that, you can adjust. Smile

Quote:If the sets were intended to be as straight single pump sets thats fine I was just curious as in the ebook it says thag pump sets are always 2 exercises done in a superset fashion Smile. I will do them as intended Smile

Yes, you have pointed that out in private message.

I intentionally made the call to not to mention this explicitly in the book to avoid confusion. Thus far is worked so far, which I presume is because one can see the pattern that in place across the three Volume Tiers on day 3 and 4 (or that people have been super setting the pump sets, which is fine, too).

You can do those Pump sets in any way you like, but if you don't superset them on Day 3, then you have a better shot of getting the machine you want, i.e., you won't have issues with holding down two machines.

Quote:Also I have just finished dieting and was in a calorie deflict of 1000 calories per day since xmas with a weekly refeed of 1,500 above maintaince , dropping 40lb in total I have increased my food intake the past 2 weeks since stopping, for optimal body recomp and lean gains what sort of calories above maintenance would you recommend I went to? I am finding now even at 1,000 over maintaince I am still not gaining much weight at all again? Strange as i thought i would of gained weight fast as my calories were low at the end of my diet and a small some of 1,800 calories.

Any help appreciated.

Jonathan

Thanks

Sure!

Firstly, I'd read this: Integrative Bodybuilding: When It Comes to Diet, One Size Fits One / Elite FTS

Secondly, if you are not gaining weight with a given caloric intake, that would be previously caused weight gain then I would 1.) Look to expenditure (is your training program different <hint> <hint>?) and 2.) Consider eating more <hint> <hint>.

Smile

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(06-19-2015, 10:32 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Johnny,

First thought is that you are overanalyzing here a bit. This is common with bodybuilders (myself included) and can get in the way... for years and years, actually. Bodybuilding can be great to scratch that itch when it comes to being detail oriented, but if you scratch too much...

The best way to answer these questions is sometimes simply to do it, rather than thinking about what to do.

I would advise you start with Tier I, Basic as written out - 4 days per week, for at least a couple weeks (for the reason I mention above). Chances are, FT is a bit different than anything you've done before, so this will give you a nice introduction to the frequency component. After a few weeks of that, you can adjust. Smile

Yes, you have pointed that out in private message.

I intentionally made the call to not to mention this explicitly in the book to avoid confusion. Thus far is worked so far, which I presume is because one can see the pattern that in place across the three Volume Tiers on day 3 and 4 (or that people have been super setting the pump sets, which is fine, too).

You can do those Pump sets in any way you like, but if you don't superset them on Day 3, then you have a better shot of getting the machine you want, i.e., you won't have issues with holding down two machines.

Sure!

Firstly, I'd read this: Integrative Bodybuilding: When It Comes to Diet, One Size Fits One / Elite FTS

Secondly, if you are not gaining weight with a given caloric intake, that would be previously caused weight gain then I would 1.) Look to expenditure (is your training program different <hint> <hint>?) and 2.) Consider eating more <hint> <hint>.

Smile

-S

Thanks scott for the reply. I am starting the programme Monday and really looking forward to it , I have been previously using the Y3T training programme if you have herd of it , So hoping the change in training frequency will give me some good gains again especially of the tail end of a calorie deflect of 6 months.

As I said about the weight loss , my expedature hasn't changed or has my taining infact I took a 2 week break at the end to go on holiday and increased my calories from 1,800 to 3,500 min each day and have only gained around 4lb weight in 2 weeks. I was expecting a lot more if I was honest but maybe my body is processing food better now it is leaner. As you say who knows trial and error I guess. Smile

(06-20-2015, 04:52 AM)jonnyni Wrote: Thanks scott for the reply. I am starting the programme Monday and really looking forward to it , I have been previously using the Y3T training programme if you have herd of it , So hoping the change in training frequency will give me some good gains again especially of the tail end of a calorie deflect of 6 months.

As I said about the weight loss , my expedature hasn't changed or has my taining infact I took a 2 week break at the end to go on holiday and increased my calories from 1,800 to 3,500 min each day and have only gained around 4lb weight in 2 weeks. I was expecting a lot more if I was honest but maybe my body is processing food better now it is leaner. As you say who knows trial and error I guess. Smile

Did you read the article I linked above? Smile

-S
-Scott

(06-20-2015, 11:22 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: Did you read the article I linked above? Smile

-S

Yea i read it Scott, it's just strange I had to go low on calories to get the weight loss, and now I have upped them considerably I am not gaining much weight at all worth talking about :/.

Thanks Jonathan