Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
I am just starting FT and had a quick nutrition question. I do a more targeted ketogenic diet that I have really found works well for me overtime.
My main question is how would you recommend I introduce carbs. I usually have a fat heavy meal at lunch then a peri workout drink with BCAAs, carbs and creatine, then a whey shake consisting of 50g of protein, then finish my night off with a huge fat and protein heavy meal. I also have 1 cheat day a week that I just eat a ton of CHO rich foods and don't really track.
Do you think this type of eating pattern could work well with FT? Anyone done FT on a high fat diet?
Any advice on building legs for taller lifters? It seems that I'll get folded over before legs give out via squats. Especially those with longer femurs and shorter torsos
Thanks to Altamir for handling Pumped's questions beautifully. Smile

(08-26-2015, 02:13 AM)Jen Wrote: Just started my program yesterday~ love love love it! Surprised at my fatigue and soreness already. Excited to go through this for a few months and see what my changes look like!

Women always grow better on FT. Smile

(08-26-2015, 05:59 AM)Narick Wrote: I am just starting FT and had a quick nutrition question. I do a more targeted ketogenic diet that I have really found works well for me overtime.
My main question is how would you recommend I introduce carbs. I usually have a fat heavy meal at lunch then a peri workout drink with BCAAs, carbs and creatine, then a whey shake consisting of 50g of protein, then finish my night off with a huge fat and protein heavy meal. I also have 1 cheat day a week that I just eat a ton of CHO rich foods and don't really track.
Do you think this type of eating pattern could work well with FT? Anyone done FT on a high fat diet?

That would work really well, IMO, esp. if you put that carb-load day on the second day after you've trained two day sin a row (on the standard 4 x / week set-up). E.g., if you train M W FSat and make Saturday your cheat day that would work well.

You'd be keeping your dietary pattern essentially the same, and mainly introducing the training as a new variable. (Just watch to see that you eat enough food overall to gain. If you work up to Volume Tier III, you may need to add more carbs peri-workout.)

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Hi Scott,

Due to some personnal obligations at this time (newly father), I can only train 3 times per week.

I plan on testing the "family man program" for schedule conveniance.

Do you have some training logs sheets for this plan to share?

In the appendices of the book there isn't.

Thanks 103
(08-28-2015, 11:41 PM)marcheoucreve Wrote: Hi Scott,

Due to some personnal obligations at this time (newly father), I can only train 3 times per week.

I plan on testing the "family man program" for schedule conveniance.

Do you have some training logs sheets for this plan to share?

In the appendices of the book there isn't.

Thanks 103

No, sorry, Bud. I didn't make any of those. Sad

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Is FT suppose to make you hungry? I am hungry all the time, and I usually don't have a big appetite.
(08-29-2015, 02:20 PM)Lando Wrote: Is FT suppose to make you hungry? I am hungry all the time, and I usually don't have a big appetite.

I found personally for FT to be extremely metabolically demanding. I went from more of a volume based training system to Tier 1 FT. At the time I had my calorie levels set so I was bulking. After one week at tier 1 I had lost body fat and I couldn't believe how hungry I was. I had to consume a lot more calories and carbs moving into the higher tiers to start gaining weight again.

Also, currently I'm in a dieting down phase. I'm 6 weeks in, averaging 2lbs a week, and I haven't even touched cardio yet. FT and the diet are just doing their job!
(08-29-2015, 07:14 PM)Altamir Wrote: I found personally for FT to be extremely metabolically demanding. I went from more of a volume based training system to Tier 1 FT. At the time I had my calorie levels set so I was bulking. After one week at tier 1 I had lost body fat and I couldn't believe how hungry I was. I had to consume a lot more calories and carbs moving into the higher tiers to start gaining weight again.

Also, currently I'm in a dieting down phase. I'm 6 weeks in, averaging 2lbs a week, and I haven't even touched cardio yet. FT and the diet are just doing their job!

I suppose it's due to the fact that's Fortitude Traning is based on full body sessions.

When I first switched from a basic split routine (one muscle per day - trained once a week) to a Chad Waterbury's progam, I couldn't believe how my metabolism and my hunger encreased.

And it's at this time that my periworkout nutrition made a huge diffrence in the performance / recovery process.

(08-29-2015, 07:14 PM)Altamir Wrote: I found personally for FT to be extremely metabolically demanding. I went from more of a volume based training system to Tier 1 FT. At the time I had my calorie levels set so I was bulking. After one week at tier 1 I had lost body fat and I couldn't believe how hungry I was. I had to consume a lot more calories and carbs moving into the higher tiers to start gaining weight again.

(08-29-2015, 09:45 PM)marcheoucreve Wrote: I suppose it's due to the fact that's Fortitude Traning is based on full body sessions.

When I first switched from a basic split routine (one muscle per day - trained once a week) to a Chad Waterbury's progam, I couldn't believe how my metabolism and my hunger encreased.

And it's at this time that my periworkout nutrition made a huge diffrence in the performance / recovery process.

I love it when a plan comes together! Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

(08-26-2015, 09:51 AM)bigla2004 Wrote: Any advice on building legs for taller lifters? It seems that I'll get folded over before legs give out via squats. Especially those with longer femurs and shorter torsos

Bump incase some if you more active guys missed it Smile