Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deadlifts
Hi, just on my second week of tier 1 on a 3 days a week training. I'm used to doing just compounds, I'm liking the change in variety especially on legs. Now I've done deadlifts on muscle round days for back thickness but all the logs I'm reading no one seems to deadlift and wondered if there was a reason for this? Other than its an absolute killer!
I also have a few questions on pump days. On tier 2 I do two sets on chest/back do I stick to same exercise for both and do both go to failure or just the last set? And also on pump days on legs should I be super setting? And what rest periods between thighs, then quads hand etc.:
(10-10-2015, 05:33 AM)simplesi Wrote: Hi, just on my second week of tier 1 on a 3 days a week training. I'm used to doing just compounds, I'm liking the change in variety especially on legs. Now I've done deadlifts on muscle round days for back thickness but all the logs I'm reading no one seems to deadlift and wondered if there was a reason for this? Other than its an absolute killer!

Low back fatigue is an issue with full deads when done for MRs. In this context (doing MRs), I don't recommend them mainly for safety reasons.

Quote:I also have a few questions on pump days. On tier 2 I do two sets on chest/back do I stick to same exercise for both

You can if you like or mix it up.

Quote: and do both go to failure or just the last set?

See page 91 in the book. Smile

Quote:And also on pump days on legs should I be super setting? And what rest periods between thighs, then quads hand etc.:

The muscle grouping is found on the overview sheets and yes, they are supersetted. Rest intervals for Pump sets are 1:00. For Tier II, you can move right through your exercises w/o resting if you so choose, e.g.,

Thigh, Ham, Calf, Thigh, Quad

OR

Thigh, Ham, Calf....<1:00 rest> Thigh, Quad

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.