Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FT Questions....
(02-27-2016, 08:07 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I have no idea what you're referring to here.

2. i cant feel the shoulder stretch, you showed in a video, feel in my shoulders... i also cant feel the dc stretch, both stretches feel ugly on my joints only... any recommendations?

http://drscottstevenson.com/forum/attach...hp?aid=345

-S
[/quote]

i mean: in terms of hypertrophie, what would you preferre?
The cons of DC is the low volume, most studies suggest 40-70reps per muscle and session...

thanks for the pdf Smile
(02-29-2016, 03:47 AM)Kabhattacharya Wrote: If my last post wasn't clear apologies I meant what are the alternative lower body compound movements I could do using a smith machine besides traditional back squats

Front squats
Somersault squats
Hack squats
Lap squats

If you haven't already, check out the exercise section.
(02-28-2016, 01:41 AM)dens228 Wrote: Scott,
Now that I'm pretty much utilizing Tier 1 I've actually come up with a quick question I never thought of until today while doing my workout.

For Tier 1, day 3, It's MR lower body day but pump sets for quads and hams.
Are these two supersetted, or should there be a rest in between quads and hams??

Rest as long as you need for those.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

(02-29-2016, 03:53 AM)sr95 Wrote: i mean: in terms of hypertrophie, what would you preferre?
The cons of DC is the low volume, most studies suggest 40-70reps per muscle and session...

thanks for the pdf Smile

That depends on the person (mindset, past experience, success with heavy lifting, etc), but both are effective, IMO. Many folks will spend several Blasts with both programs, using one until they feel they need a change (after many months).

-S

-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Gentlemen

Quick question on MR progression - want to confirm my understanding is correct

If I've understood correctly the idea is to hit failure somewhere between rep 16 and 24. Once you've hit failure you reduce the weight by ~30% and continue to rep 24. Now with regard to progression is the idea to only increase load once you can do 24 reps OR are we to assume that as long as we're hitting failure in either the last or second last set I.E. Between rep 18 and 24 we should increase load next time the movement comes in rotation?

Also how strict are most of you with rest periods between MR sets? Take five deep breaths and hit it again (which as fatigue sets in could potentially increase a little beyond 10 seconds) or is it 10 seconds on the dot - breaths be damned?

Once again thanks for the advice

PS great MR Upper workout this morning even though I only got home from work past 10.30 last night

Best

Joshua
(03-01-2016, 01:14 PM)Kabhattacharya Wrote: Gentlemen

Quick question on MR progression - want to confirm my understanding is correct

If I've understood correctly the idea is to hit failure somewhere between rep 16 and 24. Once you've hit failure you reduce the weight by ~30% and continue to rep 24. Now with regard to progression is the idea to only increase load once you can do 24 reps OR are we to assume that as long as we're hitting failure in either the last or second last set I.E. Between rep 18 and 24 we should increase load next time the movement comes in rotation?

The simplest way to address this is to simply suggest you re-read the book (p.94) and look at the examples there. You're off a bit on a few things.

The issue of load progression has been addressed a couple times. (Seriously worth looking around b/c the discussion and answers have been pretty good.)

Quote:Also how strict are most of you with rest periods between MR sets? Take five deep breaths and hit it again (which as fatigue sets in could potentially increase a little beyond 10 seconds) or is it 10 seconds on the dot - breaths be damned?

Use a watch when you can, especially on legs. I'd only use breaths after you'v been using a watch consistently for a Blast or so and probably then only when you're doing small muscle groups (e.g., arms).

Quote:Once again thanks for the advice

PS great MR Upper workout this morning even though I only got home from work past 10.30 last night

dance

-S
-Scott

Just saw your new video of standing cable rows! Please keep more of them coming! Would love to see your load sets and pump sets as well if you get a chance to upload them.

I'm currently taking a couple of days off as I've come down with a chest cold, never thought much of it but a couple of hours of extra sleep really do make a huge difference

Best
Joshua
I will be starting FT in a couple weeks(tier 1). I have a question about back training. One thing I learned with my time with DC is my back can handle more volume and still progress. One thing I started doing was a width exercise and 2 thickness ones. One would be a neutral/underhand grip type row pulled to the Lower stomach, and one would be a wider overhand grip pulled to the upper stomach/nipple area, or a rack pull. For me these 2 exercises hit the back completely differently and both Serve a purpose. I know FT is a template that Someone then tailors to themselves, just curious your thoughts on that approach for back
(03-04-2016, 11:28 AM)Machmood Wrote: I will be starting FT in a couple weeks(tier 1). I have a question about back training. One thing I learned with my time with DC is my back can handle more volume and still progress. One thing I started doing was a width exercise and 2 thickness ones. One would be a neutral/underhand grip type row pulled to the Lower stomach, and one would be a wider overhand grip pulled to the upper stomach/nipple area, or a rack pull. For me these 2 exercises hit the back completely differently and both Serve a purpose. I know FT is a template that Someone then tailors to themselves, just curious your thoughts on that approach for back

Since this was answered in your previous question, and an answer was actually "Liked" my Scott himself, are you just looking for an affirmation to go ahead and do it the way you are suggesting?

If so, of course you can. LOL

You could also look at some of the photos of back development on some members of this board and see that the strict FT method, with all it's included variables as an option, work.
I must have missed your response. It looks like the fortitude section doesn't show in the recent threads at the top. Thanks for the response, I will look more into the pump days for back.