Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fortitude flexibility
(03-31-2016, 06:33 PM)EllisV Wrote: yep mine is like that not much description on plates for cables and machines and different cables have different stacks so logging can be a nightmare!

That's funny!

I had a guy giving me shit about my log book, as its written in my scribbled handwriting. (He was actually being serious a bit. Next time I'll mention to him that I have log books older than him... LOL)

Quote:I am also on tier III i imagine your warm ups are much more looked after than mine. my training partner is nuts his squat warm up is 3 plates a side so i really have to try to slow him up to get mine done but in all honesty sometimes i give in and do the same. just hope nothing goes pop, as im normally very safe but the pressure to get home is mounting

Wow!!! That's an accident looking for a way to happen in the squat rack. I have known folks who do that. Obviously very strong guy but I don't know of anyone who's been at it a long time who has had great longevity...

Guessing that the squatting is for Loading sets... I'd be sure to do a quad or ham isolation exercise first before the compound (squat). This will give you another warm-up and lower the load needed for the Compound exercise. Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(03-31-2016, 10:28 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: That's funny!

I had a guy giving me shit about my log book, as its written in my scribbled handwriting. (He was actually being serious a bit. Next time I'll mention to him that I have log books older than him... LOL)

Wow!!! That's an accident looking for a way to happen in the squat rack. I have known folks who do that. Obviously very strong guy but I don't know of anyone who's been at it a long time who has had great longevity...

Guessing that the squatting is for Loading sets... I'd be sure to do a quad or ham isolation exercise first before the compound (squat). This will give you another warm-up and lower the load needed for the Compound exercise. Smile

-S

wow haha ive said it to you before but this is the first time ive ever logged and will always from now on.

aaron is very strong life time natural around 25 years old and does everything i do weight and rep wise recovers easily (or is just a hard bastard lol) then plays rugby twice a week.

really? is that why i see JP doing lat pulldowns before deadlift yesterday? would you recommend this for all compound movements and body parts?
(03-31-2016, 11:36 PM)EllisV Wrote: wow haha ive said it to you before but this is the first time ive ever logged and will always from now on.

It can be a very useful tool. Smile

Quote:aaron is very strong life time natural around 25 years old and does everything i do weight and rep wise recovers easily (or is just a hard bastard lol) then plays rugby twice a week.

Sounds like a true freak, man. (Of course, at 25 a lot of us were indestructible. Smile Smile Smile )

Quote:really? is that why i see JP doing lat pulldowns before deadlift yesterday? would you recommend this for all compound movements and body parts?

That's one reason to do so, but that needn't be done all the time. Exercise order is a program variable that can be used in various ways:

• Changing order can be a way to keep exercises you want to retain, but restart progression after a strength plateau.

• Isolation before compound exercises is a pre-fatigue strategy, as well as way to do what I mention above.

• Compounds first permit heavier loads slightly, which might be favorable for someone who finds that a given compound is a great exercise for the targeted muscle group and the heavier, the better generally.

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
I'm definitely in the family man group. It's 5:30 am 3 days per week.

Monday (Load Upper, Pump Lower)

Wednesday (Load Lower, Pump Upper)

Friday (Emphasis Upper with MR and Pumps)

...Good Stuff
How do you structure the FT diet when training in the morning?

I'm going to start training in the mornings now

- Breeze
'You're not what you eat, your what you eat eats!'

http://instagram.com/thelivingleancoach
(04-05-2016, 11:22 PM)samuelbreezey Wrote: How do you structure the FT diet when training in the morning?

I'm going to start training in the mornings now

- Breeze

I know it's not asked to me, but I do my loading / pump days first thing in the morning.

I'm up early, like 4-4:30am early. and I train around 7-7:30am. So I have a normal breakfast of eggs. Then my per-shake for training, and then my two carb meals post training, and then back to pro/fat meals until bedtime.

This works well for me, since it allows me to get some food in my system, and since I'm up early I usually have a chance to do some foam rolling / stretching, and light chores around the house to get my blood moving before hitting the gym.

What sort of time frame are you looking at Breeze? From waking up to hitting the gym?
I get up and have a whey/casein shake, about 30 grams of protein in it.
About 45 minutes later I have my pre-workout drink. Nothing fancy, just the stock drink of whatever my addiction feeds me that day.
Right now it's either Ritual or Condense. For the last couple of weeks I take carnitine at the same time as my pre.

Intra I take IntraMD with an extra scoop of EAA's.

About 30 minutes after I have a small meal of some type of carb with protein. I varies from eggs with toast to oatmeal mixed with protein powder.

(04-06-2016, 12:30 AM)Altamir Wrote: I know it's not asked to me, but I do my loading / pump days first thing in the morning.

I'm up early, like 4-4:30am early. and I train around 7-7:30am. So I have a normal breakfast of eggs. Then my per-shake for training, and then my two carb meals post training, and then back to pro/fat meals until bedtime.

This works well for me, since it allows me to get some food in my system, and since I'm up early I usually have a chance to do some foam rolling / stretching, and light chores around the house to get my blood moving before hitting the gym.

What sort of time frame are you looking at Breeze? From waking up to hitting the gym?

That's fine, the more peeps engaging the better aye!? Wink

I get up around 6:20am and have to leave around 6:45am to get to the gym around 7-7:15am. I was thinking of maybe just having some coffee & coconut oil upon wakening and training fasted. Then consuming a post-workout shake consisting of whey & HBCD.

After training consuming my carbs within the 4-5 hours post-training... then having just protein/fats & veggies for the remainder of the day.

Kinda like carb backloading I guess...

(04-06-2016, 12:38 AM)dens228 Wrote: I get up and have a whey/casein shake, about 30 grams of protein in it.
About 45 minutes later I have my pre-workout drink. Nothing fancy, just the stock drink of whatever my addiction feeds me that day.
Right now it's either Ritual or Condense. For the last couple of weeks I take carnitine at the same time as my pre.

Intra I take IntraMD with an extra scoop of EAA's.

About 30 minutes after I have a small meal of some type of carb with protein. I varies from eggs with toast to oatmeal mixed with protein powder.

Thanks Dens.

So you have a few hours in the morning before you go train? I'm kind of limited as I train right before work so i'm pretty much up & out!

- Breeze
'You're not what you eat, your what you eat eats!'

http://instagram.com/thelivingleancoach
If I only had 45 minutes I'd just squeeze in the same. Protein shake, wait a bit, pre-workout, intra.