Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coming back from a long layoff
I've been out of the gym for about 2 months from a combo of a few nagging injuries and being burned out. I've been training for well over 20 years. I was wondering should I just jump into tier 1 basic or start with a cruise to ease in. Another option might just be to do the family man 1st. I've always trained either Yates style HIT or something along the lines of mountain dog with a bit less volume. Since I'm not very familiar with the high frequency approach is was hoping to get some input. Thanks for any help.
One of the main benefits of the cruise is the rebound effect from pushing the blast to the edge.
I'd start with Tier 1 basic and take it from there.
(04-26-2016, 11:10 AM)Skiffmeaty Wrote: I've been out of the gym for about 2 months from a combo of a few nagging injuries and being burned out. I've been training for well over 20 years. I was wondering should I just jump into tier 1 basic or start with a cruise to ease in. Another option might just be to do the family man 1st. I've always trained either Yates style HIT or something along the lines of mountain dog with a bit less volume. Since I'm not very familiar with the high frequency approach is was hoping to get some input. Thanks for any help.

I'd do whatever you normally would to get back into the swing of things. It might be easier to make sure you've got the kinks out that way (assess your strength levels, etc.) SO, back to an old familiar program first would be my path.

Then, you could start up with Tier I (general suggestion for everyone for a first run at FT).

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
You might dig these articles:

Deload, Detrain, Decondition...Defeated?

(Part 1) http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...-defeated/

Reload, Retrain, Recondition...Realization! (Part 2)

Reload, Retrain, Recondition...Realization! / Elite FTS

-S
-Scott

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
(04-26-2016, 10:29 PM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: You might dig these articles:

Deload, Detrain, Decondition...Defeated?

(Part 1) http://www.elitefts.com/education/traini...-defeated/

Reload, Retrain, Recondition...Realization! (Part 2)

Reload, Retrain, Recondition...Realization! / Elite FTS

-S

Def great reads thanks Scott
(04-29-2016, 11:27 AM)Skiffmeaty Wrote: Def great reads thanks Scott

You're welcome!

-S
-Scott