Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muscle Round adaptations
(06-04-2016, 07:48 AM)Scott Stevenson Wrote: I think this is simply a prime example of a training adaptation:

• Faster recovery HR
• Greater ability to clear metabolites (which stimulate both HR and ventilation via Type III and Type IV afferents in skeletal muscle).
• The above is secondary to basic enzymatic adaptation in skeletal muscle (probably glycolytic and mitochondrial, as well as increased monocarboxylate transporter activity to move lactate and a proton out of cells, increased capillary density, etc.
• Increased neurological drive (rate coding, etc.), pain tolerance, disinhibition, development of psychological strategies, etc.
• More muscle mass, too, of course.

And also, you are willing / have the proclivity to train very hard and keep pushing limits as well as possibly good genetics for adaptation to this kind of training.

-S

Thanks for your input, Dr Scott. Smile
Plenty of new words there for me to read up about today.
I guess training adaptation describes it well.

The difference in between set recovery is staggering but it's the different pain/reason to terminate the set that intrigues me the most.

The lactic burn/metabolite build-up pain is profound in a great way.

Fasted blood sugar levels have also continued to trend downwards - where they were pretty much always 4.2 mmol/L (76mg/dL) under my first run at FT with you, they are now in the 3.6-3.9 mmol/L (65-70mg/dL) range, even before my latest pre-blast cut. Another adaptation, I guess.

FT just keeps giving. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Muscle Round adaptations - by righty - 06-04-2016, 05:35 AM
RE: Muscle Round adaptations - by Scott Stevenson - 06-04-2016, 07:48 AM
RE: Muscle Round adaptations - by righty - 06-04-2016, 04:54 PM
RE: Muscle Round adaptations - by Scott Stevenson - 06-04-2016, 10:17 PM