Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(10-19-2016, 07:43 AM)Blackburn_179 Wrote: Hi all,

New to the forum and FT, recently finished my first blast and haven't felt this excited about training in years.

Quick question, can the pump sets be performed before the loading sets?

Reason I ask is come lower load days I completely blow myself out on heavy squats or Squat variations that my intensity come the pump sets is severely lacking. I'm almost at the nauseous phase after heavy legs generally and have got used to killing heavy weight knowing that once I'm done it's time to get out the gym and start recovering.

I've been experimenting with pump sets first in the session and my numbers have still gone up on my main lifts, only really using tier 2 basic version mind.

I've tried this approach on both the upper and lower load days and would be keen to see what people think.

Thanks.

If it works, go for it! Smile Smile Smile

(That is a variation I'd approve for sure, as the pump set strategy is about auto regulation. Doing things in this order is another way to auto regulate. Smile )

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please... - by Scott Stevenson - 10-19-2016, 09:48 AM