Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please...
(02-14-2018, 04:07 AM)Jackedsquirrel Wrote: Hello All,

My name Joel and I am going to be 41 here shortly. I am a lifelong lifter (started too young at 11-12) who grew up in the shadow of an uncle that was going pro in bodybuilding. I took a hiatus from lifting regularly during much of grad school and I am now a teaching economist (college level), with seven kids and a wife.

Like many I weigh too much (and then some) and I have been lifting a lot of volume as I get older to keep from getting too heavy on my lifts (really trying to avoid joint problems, but it has not been working). I hired a well know nutritionist (BB and General Pop) to work with me last year and had some success losing weight, but not a lot. It seems the second I let off the pedal on dropping calories that my body craves to go higher (without actually adding calories back in). On the nutritionist suggestion, I looked at the volume of my training (he suggested I am doing too much) and tried out a few things before FT.

I purchased the book (and subscribed) three months ago and have now run two rounds of FT. I have been happy with the book (best fitness purchase yet) and the program (for the most part). After using too much volume for decades it is nice to use a program and just do it (quicker in the gym too).

Thanks Scott for the resources and the help (vids are awesome). You do make a difference and I am glad to see that you seem to have not sold out.

-Joel

Joel - THANK YOU for that!

Did your fat loss pick up now that you've been doing FT?... (How 'bout the joints?... )

Glad you like the IG vids. Smile (I get shit now n' again b/c folks sometimes presume that all I do is "trick" exercise... LOL)

Not selling out, man. I'm not pretty enough to make that happen anyway, plus I like to think I've got too much good info. to get out there to spend time with fluffy stuff.

As an aside, I had someone troll me pretty hard on IG, calling me a "money grabber" b/c I charge for the website. It dawned on me that my strategy of the dime a day membership, which is free if you've bought the e-book has worked REALLY well to keep the trolls out! (I think some of it too is that discussion boards are dying a bit, which is a shame b/c I think they're far superior to FB and IG as far as conveying info.)

Welcome, Joel!

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Introduce Yourself: If you've never Posted, Post here please... - by Scott Stevenson - 02-15-2018, 12:05 AM