Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Sumo / Conventional Deadlifts in the Program?
(04-29-2018, 04:03 PM)urogenitalsubsection Wrote: Probably a question that's been asked before, but thought I'd just toss it out there.

Why not, eh?... THere's also the search function, too.... Wink

Quote:If I wanted to add in sumo deadlifts or conventional deadlifts into the program into loading sets, what "area" would they fall into? Would sumo deadlifts be a "thigh" exercise, or a "back thickness" exercise? Same thing for conventional deadlift. These are exercises I love and really seem to respond well to, and seem to be easier on my back than rack pulls, so I was just wondering what category they would fit into best.

You'd have to figure out what muscle group each deadlift variety hits for you primarily and then use it appropriately.

You could also use trap bar deadlifts as a leg exercise.

There might be a clue in using rack deads, too, if they seem to hit your back well. Smile

Quote:Could you also use these exercises for muscle rounds? They don't really need to be reracked like a bench or a squat - you can just set them down on the ground, and I bet they'd be KILLER for a muscle round in terms of intensity.

You could, but I'd wholeheartedly advise against using deadlift variations for Muscle Rounds due to the risk of low back injury. (What happens nearly every time to the low back - what's the first thing to go - when someone takes a high rep deadlift set to failure?)

Quote:Thanks in advance, I've been following the FT diet for a while and love it, going to start the training protocol soon and hope to put some serious mass on while doing all the lifts I love!

Right on. Also, don't forget there are now several years of Q and A here as well as some great logs to look through. Smile

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sumo / Conventional Deadlifts in the Program? - by Scott Stevenson - 04-30-2018, 01:31 AM