Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pump sets/ Muscle rounds and the logbook
Imperial,

Check the e-book once more: I do suggest that you log MR's in a "Pool" at the back of your log book. (You can also log them the day of training, too and just fish back to find previous performance.)

So, logging MR's for progressive overload is important - over the very long haul - but you can (and should if it feels right) mix them up. When the day comes to go back to an exercise you've done previous for an MR (You have the "ah, time for that exercise" sense), you can then, given your mind set, be even more motivated b/c you have a challenge awaiting you when you find your previous performance for that exercise. (Noting order of exercise is important, too, e..g, with 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. to note when it was done on that day.) So now you get the value of autoregulating exercise selection AND the opportunity to beat the log book.

Pump sets can be noted, too, perhaps with weight and technique (e..g, 200lb, 5's into the Hole), just to get an idea of what weight you used and if you missed the mark or it was a good set. (I'll just note it was too heavy, brutal, or maybe to try another technique "Used rev. 21's next time" if I have an insight I don't want to forget.)

The the log book is a diary in addition to being an accountant's ledger where you record loads and reps.

It's a tool for helping you auto regulate, actually, where you put down the information worth remembering in that respect.

(I am having clients use a Perceived Recovery Scale a good bit now, too, and that could be included with each day's log as well.)

-Scott
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pump sets/ Muscle rounds and the logbook - by Scott Stevenson - 05-16-2018, 12:36 AM