Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think Im doing FT Training Wrong.
[quote='Junior V' pid='18968' dateline='1533044192']
Hi, thanks for the replies both of you.
The stretching I always do after finishing each muscle group as I understand Its an important principle of FT Training but I only ever do normal stretches, I dont do occlusion or extreme.

So if the MR aren't done in a superset fashion how come some muscle groups are grouped up the box?
Like I asked here: "On day 3 and 4 (muscle rounds) I dont know why the all the muscle groups and grouped an a "border" or a "box" (like the supersets on legs on day 2) and triceps, calfs, biceps are out of those lines."[quote]

Simply to aid in clarity of reading, to some degree. There is the option (this has been covered here on the forum) to do the MR's / train the muscles for the exercises that are grouped in a whatever order you see fit. For instance on Day 3 Basic Tier II, you could do a quad MR, then a Ham MR and then (after pre-fatigued) do the thigh MR(s), or change the order as you see fit, but you'd typically not jump around all over the training for the muscle groups on the day (i.e., interject calves between MR's for the thigh musculuature).

On Day 4, you could (and I do this often) do a Back MR, a chest MR, a delt MR, etc. (which are all grouped together in a box) until your'e done with the MR's for the Tier your'e using, but you'd not do a triceps MR before finishing training those other muscle groups, as that could create weak link on pressing (delts and chest) and even some back movements where the triceps long head is involved a good bit. (If you've ever done that, it doesn't quite feel right training back when the triceps are jacked).

There's not other reason I can imagine why someone one would interpret those boxes to mean that MR's are super-setted, especially if you read through the descriptions of doing MRs in the book. That's a good question in that it would be big aspect of doing them, and would have been grossly missing from how MR's are described in the book. If you look at the "Rest" subsection on doing MR's in the book it reads:

"Rest: Rest between Muscle Rounds should be enough to prepare for the next MR. Generally, if you’re doing a MR every 10 minutes, you’ve moving at a decent pace. (A faster pace for smaller muscle groups, and slower pace for larger muscle groups makes sense.)"

[quote]And on the load sets of day 2 TIER 2
Back is 3 sets, do we also have to do in a zigzag fashon of compound and isolate hare?
Or can we do 3 sets 3 different exercises with 1 failure point?

Chest same its 2 sets so does 1 have to be compound and another isolate?

Im used to TIER 1 where there is mainly 1 set for most things.
[/quote]

I think if you re-read the section on MR's on page 94, it will all become much clearer. Smile Smile Smile

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
I think Im doing FT Training Wrong. - by Junior V - 07-31-2018, 09:04 AM
RE: I think Im doing FT Training Wrong. - by Scott Stevenson - 08-01-2018, 11:31 PM