Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you change Loading Sets
(01-05-2019, 06:29 PM)Altamir Wrote: In a perfect world, you'd never change loading sets. You would just progress endlessly on your go to lifts and just grow linearly and be outrageously strong and huge Wink

I would not change loading lifts each blast. Only if you are stalling/failing to progress, or unless maybe you find a lift you are connecting with better. I have some lifts I have kept almost my entire FT run. I've changed range or motion, tempo, or order of sequence, but more or less just tried to grind out lifts year after year.

I will admit there are some loading lifts I swap out more often. Shoulder lifts I'm a bit more picky about, and tend to go what feels good for a few blasts, and then find a different lift I am connecting with. Probably having to do more with my long standing shoulder injury than anything.

More or less, if it is not broke, do not try and fix it. Push forward with the lifts you have until you cannot anymore. Either swap them out or re-order them (going from say bench first, flies second, to flies first, bench second). And keep in mind to revisit them when your new loading lift stalls and see if you can build on your old PRs. Smile

Perfect!! Thanks Altamir! My reasoning was for the flow of two loading exercises that don't feel quite right so thank you. I will just redo them two and keep pushing forward on all others that i am still progressing on.

Messages In This Thread
How often do you change Loading Sets - by tye_89 - 01-05-2019, 06:04 AM
RE: How often do you change Loading Sets - by tye_89 - 01-06-2019, 05:43 AM