Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Critique my FT program??
Dr Stevenson,

Ah ok, Yes that makes sense because I haven't even gotten to the muscle rounds of the program yet. It just feels a bit odd doing only 1-2 sets per muscle group per day. Maybe I should incorporate a warm up set before each exercise for that specific muscle group? For example If I start with back Ill do 2 warmup sets of 7 at 50-60% then just go through the rest of the program without warming up the chest etc...

I get what you're saying, its less of running yourself down into the ground with just increasing frequency and allowing for progressive overload over the weeks. Its a new thing for me, kind of like a new haircut your not familiar with it at first and it takes some time getting used to.

I went to try and create my own program from scratched based on all the new knowledge Ive been getting from yourself, Dr Eric Helms, Dr Brad Schoenfeld, Greg Knuckols etc and halfway through I realized that it was pretty similar to your programming lol.
In order to hit the 2-3x a week frequency per muscle group it seems as though it has to be done with less sets than Im used to.

Would there be any harm in adding in an extra day? Normally I train 5-6 days a week. Shoulders is definitely something I would like to bring up, they've come a long way but I see them improving my taper overall, would it hurt to throw in another day of 4-6 sets with that? Having the home gym now Im tempted to put in the extra work when I have the time.

As far as the posting errors go, ok I understand now we spoke about it on IG. Ill just learn to ignore the error message
Thanks In advance Doc, don't mean to be a pain in the ass but Id like to make FT work for me, Im sure with time I will see the results im looking for.
Be well

Messages In This Thread
Critique my FT program?? - by Damianosteve - 02-27-2020, 08:21 AM
RE: Critique my FT program?? - by Scott Stevenson - 02-27-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: Critique my FT program?? - by Damianosteve - 02-29-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: Critique my FT program?? - by Scott Stevenson - 03-01-2020, 12:19 PM
RE: Critique my FT program?? - by Damianosteve - 03-03-2020, 04:25 AM
RE: Critique my FT program?? - by Scott Stevenson - 03-03-2020, 09:36 AM