Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cortisol, androgen and gene expression
(03-18-2020, 04:26 AM)Stewilliams Wrote: Thanks Scott, this has created a few no questions for me so I'll continue doing some digging!

No need to thank me for posting here, I would never consider posting such a question elsewhere (in a private message for example Angel)

I'm quite familiar with the above studies, but am surprised that there hasn't been any significant follow up research. I know quite a few sports nutritionists who work in professional sport and one of them is head of nutrition for a national football (soccer) team. All of them implement strategies for their athlete's to intake carbohydrates during competition and training, but do it purely from a fuelling perspective (which is most important). I've asked them about the recovery and/or adaptation potential of their methods and they dismissed them and said it's not something they have considered and have never seen any evidence for!

Intersting... Here's another one that doesn't show significant effects, but if look at Figure 2, there is what I would call a practically significant effect of timing on the decrement in muscle strength following damaging exercise that comes with taking the same supplement BEFORE vs. after the damaging bout:

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles...0-2783-5-5

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cortisol, androgen and gene expression - by Scott Stevenson - 03-18-2020, 12:03 PM