Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cortisol, androgen and gene expression
(03-18-2020, 05:13 PM)Stewilliams Wrote: That exercise protocol looks brutal! Untrained participants performing FIFTY eccentric isokinetic leg extensions!!

That's a pretty standard protocol for a DOMS study, actually. Ensured to get an effect!

Quote:That data is cool, I know muscle damage is high in professional rugby player's following games which has a big impact on glycogen replenishment as well as force production.

Yes, muscle injury can impair glycogen restoration.

Quote:It may not translate as much over to a sport like soccer, but I would not want to risk leaving any stone unturned, especially when teams are playing 3 games in 7 days and have squads valued at over $1,000,000,000!

For the various aspects of recovery (muscle protein balance and fuel stores) it makes sense to consume carbs as an Pre-/intra/Post- supplement in those situations. (Note that the Tarpenning et al study employed only gatorade - not even an EAA / protein source.)

-S

-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cortisol, androgen and gene expression - by Scott Stevenson - 03-18-2020, 11:36 PM