Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee Injury
(03-28-2020, 10:12 AM)thethinker48 Wrote: Got the radiology report today.

Knee's kind of destroyed.

- ACL rupture
-MCL grade 2 sprain
-LCL grade 2 sprain
-Lateral Meniscus tear

Lot of joint effusion too according to the report, probably from the bone contusion in conjunction with the injured ligaments. Indefinite surgery in the future (ortho consult next week), any personal thoughts on this?

The MCL and LCL will probably heal on their own, anything I can do to help expedite the healing process? I'm rehabbing aggressively, any supplement you think can benefit?

I know some of this connective tissue is avascular so supplements aren't doing much lol

I'm avoiding any frankenstein like protocols us guys like doing on ourselves to heal.

Appreciate your thoughts on this. Pretty bummed about this, but also pretty hopeful because I was walking, carrying groceries, and unracking 45 lb plates in the gym before knowing this lol ...

I'm 24 years old, and fully intend to squat and leg press for 3-4 more decades Smile

Thanks again!

Ah, man, sounds like you did a number...

I'd listen to your Doc and protect the hell out of the knee, to be sure not to exacerbate the current situation.

Barring research chemicals, I'd consider:

• UCII
• Adding Hydrolzysed Collagen to your protein
• Alflutop, which as far as I know is legal to use (no RX needed), but may be hard to find.
• A source of Boswellia: https://examine.com/supplements/boswellia-serrata/
• Glucosamine, e.g., Cosamin DS or GLC2000

-S
-Scott

Thanks for joining my Forum! dog

The above and all material posted by Scott Stevenson are Copyright © Scott W. Stevenson and Evlogia QiWorks, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Messages In This Thread
Knee Injury - by thethinker48 - 03-10-2020, 10:35 PM
RE: Knee Injury - by Scott Stevenson - 03-11-2020, 12:34 AM
RE: Knee Injury - by thethinker48 - 03-11-2020, 03:12 AM
RE: Knee Injury - by Scott Stevenson - 03-11-2020, 12:42 PM
RE: Knee Injury - by thethinker48 - 03-27-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: Knee Injury - by Scott Stevenson - 03-27-2020, 12:13 PM
RE: Knee Injury - by thethinker48 - 03-28-2020, 10:12 AM
RE: Knee Injury - by Scott Stevenson - 03-28-2020, 10:57 PM